Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
wtf :laugh:

Jokes are meant to be laughed at. Not make everyone butt hurt. Tough crowd.
Cmon. Going into a thread and saying “I don’t care about this conversation. I’ll be back when there’s news” is a complete nothing post that is meant to upset the people participating in the discussion being held. Let’s be real here.

Better luck next time, I guess.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
More like going to a grocery store for apples with a sign that says “apples inside” and going inside then saying “any apples? No? Okay I’m leaving. Let me know when you hear anything about the apples”
***in a joking manner mind you**
then everyone in the store saying “wow you hate plant seeds and are a worse person than I am because I enjoy talking about plant seeds in the apple store”

Insert 5 random people posting about how you “hate” plant seeds despite not having ever said anything negative about the seeds.

Keep in mind the whole time you were trying to make a joke about how busy the Apple Store is despite not having any apples, but lots of plant seed talks.
If you went in the Apple Store looking for fresh fruit and not trendy electronics that’s on you.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
I just continue to be amazed that a thread of this length for a guy with 6 goals:laugh::laugh:

Well, to be fair if his production was linear over a full season, that is a 27 goal pace.. not bad when you take into consideration all the variables starting from the coaching hire mess. Would have also been leading goalscorer by a decent margin..

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I just continue to be amazed that a thread of this length for a guy with 6 goals:laugh::laugh:
The last 5 games - 3 goals, 1 assists, 4 points. Also you forgot he had to return shape after concussion. So his stats would be better and better.

Also it was not his first season here.

If 82 games

2020/21 - bad stats but not everyone tolerated COVID well, all the restrictions
2021/22 - 82 points, 38 goals
2022/23 - 78 points, 33 goals

I hope I don't have to write his partners, include d-men.

Still something:

5v5:

Reinhart
2021/22 78 - 14
2022/23 82 - 9

Laine
2021/22 56 - 14
2022/23 55 - 13

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Well, to be fair if his production was linear over a full season, that is a 27 goal pace.. not bad when you take into consideration all the variables starting from the coaching hire mess. Would have also been leading goalscorer by a decent margin..
If you give Jenner 82 games, by the same logic he’d score 31 goals. Nylander 39.
The last 5 games - 3 goals, 1 assists, 4 points. Also you forgot he had to return shape after concussion. So his stats would be better and better.

Also it was not his first season here.

If 82 games

2020/21 - bad stats but not everyone tolerated COVID well, all the restrictions
2021/22 - 82 points, 38 goals
2022/23 - 78 points, 33 goals
It’s like Cole Caufield. The best 40 goal scorer to never score 30 goals.

Last edited:

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
If you give Jenner 82 games, by the same logic he’d score 31 goals. Nylander 39.

Well, with his current usage, if he could stay healthy 30 goals for Jenner is entirely possible, not even that unlikely and he's scored 30 before...

Bringing up Caufield and Nylander doesn't really help you make your case, whatever that is. If you wanted to say Laine is always injured, there were easier ways to do that.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

I can't remember him playing more than 56 games in Columbus. And I also can't remember him playing with a center like Suzuki. But I remember well who were his centers in the 2021/22 and 2022/23 seasons, and also the defensemen in the 2022/23 season.

If you want to criticize someone, you have to look at the conditions first.

Last edited:

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Now that's being a little obtuse. Jenner has scored 30 and was on pace for over 30 in multiple seasons with injury. We know the type of player he is as he has shown his ability. Injuries happen. Now Nylander... that's the obtuse part as he has no history of performance at any level in the NHL aside from a small sample size last year.

I recognize you are not a Laine fan but looking to dispute every point made on the board just seems like a lot of wasted effort. Just ignore the thread. It's really easy...there is a button on the main page that says "Ignore Thread". :D

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Just ignore the thread. It's really easy...there is a button on the main page that says "Ignore Thread". :D
Lol. I tried that a while ago, but more than any other player I can remember in the seven or so years I have been on here, even ignoring this thread, Laine has a way of infiltrating other threads, and they become Laine threads. Thats why I just said screw it and stopped ignoring this thread. You can't get away from him.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I usually recognize sarcasm but in Laine's case you never know. ;) Besides, those smileys don't indicate sarcasm.
They indicate he was making a joke. That is how I read it anyway.

If I turn out to be wrong and Halfboard, a good poster on this forum, was serious in his confusion about why Laine is an ongoing topic, I will apologize.

• Haha
Reactions: DoingItCoolKiwi

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
People are really fussing over Halfboard's clearly-sarcastic post? He even put two LOL emoji in it.
Well, he sure wasn't sarcastic when he made the same exact post earlier this year, without any emojis.. Also I think for sarcasm one would use :sarcasm: instead of :laugh::laugh::laugh: but maybe thats just me.. :naughty:

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Well, he sure wasn't sarcastic in january with the same exact post. I think for sarcasm one would use :sarcasm: instead of :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Stan for your man all you like, even if it means paying attention to individual posters' comments from six months ago. Hold those bastards to account for their Philistine ways.

• Haha
Reactions: jonu

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Stan for your man all you like, even if it means paying attention to individual posters' comments from six months ago. Hold those bastards to account for their Philistine ways.
Thy heavenly entity, excuse me for being blessed by a good memory and remembering seeing something alike that post before! :surrender

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
They indicate he was making a joke. That is how I read it anyway.

If I turn out to be wrong and Halfboard, a good poster on this forum, was serious in his confusion about why Laine is an ongoing topic, I will apologize.
I learned in an earlier thread that you actually need to say "this is sarcasm" for some posts as not everyone can read between the lines or make the correlation to something that is a joke - even with emojis. :D

This is not sarcasm.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Well, with his current usage, if he could stay healthy 30 goals for Jenner is entirely possible, not even that unlikely and he's scored 30 before...
Yes, so Jenner would have had the team lead for goals not Laine (with the same logic). @jonu said “Laine would have also been leading goalscorer by a decent margin..
Bringing up Caufield and Nylander doesn't really help you make your case, whatever that is. If you wanted to say Laine is always injured, there were easier ways to do that.
It’s more about small sample sizes and extrapolation. My point is that the bolded claim above from Jonu was not true/fair. You said the last part not me.
Now that's being a little obtuse. Jenner has scored 30 and was on pace for over 30 in multiple seasons with injury. We know the type of player he is as he has shown his ability. Injuries happen.
So you agree with me? See above.
Now Nylander... that's the obtuse part as he has no history of performance at any level in the NHL aside from a small sample size last year.
Correct. But why in the example above does Laine get to have his stats extrapolated but nobody else? :sarcasm:
I recognize you are not a Laine fan but looking to dispute every point made on the board just seems like a lot of wasted effort. Just ignore the thread. It's really easy...there is a button on the main page that says "Ignore Thread". :D
it’s not disputing anything, it’s correcting a claim that “Laine would have also been leading goalscorer by a decent margin..” when Jenner was having a better season in real life AND in terms of G/GP projected over 82 GP.

Bringing this up makes me a Laine hater? :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad