Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
So this is kind of a random thought. If this works out, and Dach & Laine find redemption, I could see other GM's being very suspicious when Kent Hughes calls asking about one of their underperforming players.
Possibly, but I doubt it. I think it happens often with new GMs that others will give them a softball on a player or two early, letting them earn good marks (not saying a GM will lose a trade on purpose, but will accept to give a little extra to make the deal happen).

However, some people sour the relationships over time by always pushing for an extra asset. I believe it happened for MB around the league. I don't see it happening with Hughes so much because he talks Ina very respectful way to everyone and clearly states his expectations. He isn't trying to simply squeeze someone for an additional asset, he simply waits for the offer to come along that fulfills his requirements.

Reactions: NewDef

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Man the team is starved for additions, hopefully Hughes can do more next offseason, the guys seem tired of being a bottom 5 team.
The plan from management has been pretty clear so far and HuGo have done what Hughes has been saying so far. Laine's upside is huge and the players have got to be beyond excited that management rewarded them with this addition. Losing a good teammate like Harris must suck but Laine can help the team take the next step. Things are now in the players' hands.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
⁹⁹oʻoʻoʻ
Matheson, Monahan, Dach, Newhook, Laine all acquired by trade in three off seasons.

MB was out of his element

Yes.

30/30 means he had a very good, but not superstar season. So it means he's played well but still has another level.

We could sign him cheap or send him in a trade for a really good package.

The possibilities are endless.
I guess it all depends if he is a plus player or Not? How many of these points came on the power play. but to me if he does not hurt us and can have a 60pts season, I will be very happy.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Call me crazy guys, but I believe that this trade have potential to become the best trade in Habs history.
It will have a tough time beating the trade to get Lafleur or Dryden I think. But definitely still potential to be one of the best trades in Canadiens history.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Harris is still in the team group chat like...

download.jpg

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Don Waddell said we gave them a list of players to choose from and they picked Harris. I wonder who else was being offered.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Don Waddell said we gave them a list of players to choose from and they picked Harris. I wonder who else was being offered.
Barron, Struble, Xhekaj is my guess

FWIW - Harris apparently went to prep school with Timmins’ nephew and Waddell was heavily influenced by TTs lobbying afterall he did draft him

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Barron, Struble, Xhekaj is my guess

FWIW - Harris apparently went to prep school with Timmins’ nephew and Waddell was heavily influenced by TTs lobbying afterall he did draft him
I would be floored to learn that ;
A- Xhekaj was on that list
B- Columbus would pass on Xhekaj for Harris.

Not impossible but to me it would be a no brainer to pick the big boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad