Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Douglas Murray, David Schlemko, Karl Alzner, Dwight King, Steve Ott, Andreas Martinsen, Brendon Nash, Davis Drewiske, George Parros, Alex Parenteau, Bryan Allen, Devante Smith Pelly, Ben Scrivens, John Scott, Stefan Matteau, Nikita Nesterov, Brandon Davidson, Ales Hemsky, Alexander Semin...

A veritable who's who of who gives a f**k!

Prime Carey Price wasted with all of these MB acquisitions. It's real unfortunate Price isn't 25-26-27 now with the way HuGo are putting the roster together.
The cult of personality around Bergevin was really upsetting.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Columbus moved someone who no longer wanted to stay there and they trade his entire cap hit without retention.

Montreal maximizes their cap space by acquiring a goal scorer for their Top-6, while simultaneously moving someone who had been surpassed by others in the depth chart. They also get a draft pick as compensation.

Both teams got what they wanted out of this deal.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
It's a trade where everyone got what he wanted.

Waddell : Wanted cap space and to add depth to his D Corps
Laine : Wanted out of Colombus
Hughes : Wanted to add a productive player to the top 6 at low cost and low risk. Wanted to add a pick to take on Laine contract

It's a triple win

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
So Timmins strikes again… he helped choose Harris for the trade.

If I’m guessing that Struble was probably on that list, then I’m happy about Harris going, I don’t see Harris being as efficient overall as Struble.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Exactly what I have been saying.

Bergevin had all the cap space in the world and a mandate to win, and was basically given a team where he had to add two ingredients to consistently compete for a cup.

And he couldn't do it.
I don’t want to spend too much time talking MB, I’m still riding the dopamine high of drafting Demidov and the Laine trade, but I just wanted to address this part.

MB thought he had what they needed to win the Cup, as long as he saw Carey Price, he was completely fine with tinkering around the margins of the roster.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
I wonder who else was on that list. Probably Harris, Struble and Engstrom. Doubt we offered Barron. RD is a need.
Struble and Engstrom are in a whole different category, since they are waiver exempt. They can still develop in the AHL and be called up if they are doing well and/or to replace injuries.

Barron is still a bit of a question mark, since he has a higher potential then Harris and he is RD. He will probably see a lot of ice this year to see what he can really do before they make a decision.

Harris made sense, in that pretty much everyone agrees that he will be an honest 3rd pair LD, but is very unlikely to break the top 4. Montreal has too many of these, and because he was stuck in Montreal who risked loosing him for nothing, this was basically the best D to move from the pool of prospects.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Craig Button on Marinaro's show last night:

"I watched Laine in 2016 lead that World Junior team in Finnish soil to a gold medal. All the greats of finnish hockey were there, all calling and expecting a gold medal and he delivered it, boy did he deliver it. Laine has never had any issue dealing with pressure, he will not have any issues dealing with pressure. "

"The Columbus blue jackets were a disaster when he was there, a disaster, a total disaster. Its a miracle anybody performed at all on that team. We should be celebrating Patrik Laine for standing up against the mess that was going on in Columbus, we should be celebrating Patrik Laine."

"I am sick and tired hearing about you can't win with Patrik Laine. You know who you can't win with? The Columbus Blue jackets! And the mess of a management and ownership they have had for years. Players should be going, I think Patrik Laine is right, I can't win in Columbus, period. It was a joke."

"What is Columbus in this league? A game on the schedule. That is all they had ever been"

Last edited:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Douglas Murray, David Schlemko, Karl Alzner, Dwight King, Steve Ott, Andreas Martinsen, Brendon Nash, Davis Drewiske, George Parros, Alex Parenteau, Bryan Allen, Devante Smith Pelly, Ben Scrivens, John Scott, Stefan Matteau, Nikita Nesterov, Brandon Davidson, Ales Hemsky, Alexander Semin...

Prime Carey Price wasted with all of these MB acquisitions. It's real unfortunate Price isn't 25-26-27 now with the way HuGo are putting the roster together.
I hate MB for many reasons, but he did get one of the best trade deadline player in Vanek... Anyways, we can shit on him but he did get some good (mostly lucky) moves once in a while. He just has no clue how to build a winning team.

Reactions: electron58

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Maybe Carey will start feeling better and will be able to give it another go for a couple of seasons once da core is ready to fight for the cup? I wouldn't 100% discount it.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Matheson (our third leading point getter last year) and Armia (our fourth leading goalscorer) were also first round picks.

And let's not forget the talent coming on defense.

Yes I was talking for offense. Ghule also a 1st round pick + Barron on the roster , + the youngsters coming like you said .

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Craig Button on Marinaro's show last night:

"I watched Laine in 2016 lead that World Junior team in Finnish soil to a gold medal. All the greats of finnish hockey were there, all calling and expecting a gold medal and he delivered it, boy did he deliver it. Laine has never had any issue dealing with pressure, he will not have any issues dealing with pressure. "

"The Columbus blue jackets were a disaster when he was there, a disaster, a total disaster. Its a miracle anybody performed at all on that team. We should be celebrating Patrik Laine for standing up against the mess that was going on in Columbus, we should be celebrating Patrik Laine."

"I am sick and tired hearing about you can't win with Patrik Laine. You know who you can't win with? The Columbus Blue jackets! And the mess of a management and ownership they have had for years. Players should be going, I think Patrik Laine is right, I can't win in Columbus, period. It was a joke."

"What is Columbus in this league? A game on the schedule. That is all they had ever been"
Holy smokes lol. Rare to hear a talking head be that frank and brutal.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If I hear the french media talk about Pascal Vincent's connection to Laine one more time........ON SEN CALISS DE PASCAL VINCENT
Absolutely, absolument. On s'en câliss ! I'm fed-up with those so called truths that would mean anything, like some sort of proven science that at the end is just anecdotic, idiotic and symptomatic of medias who have nothing to write. And some people get into that train and they beleive it.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad