Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Wonder if Marc Bergevin can look at what Kent Hughes has done in his short time here with the mess of a roster he left him behind with a little humility and say “you know what, maybe I’m not very good at this team building thing?”

Man I’m glad he’s gone. Him and Michel Therrien made me completely disinterested in this club, going from 82 games a year, to 50, to 30, to I’ll check out opening night. Now my optimism and fandom is back in full swing. I am pumped for the season. Even if the team can’t make the push into the playoffs yet there is so much exciting youth being injected into the team. Let’s f***ing go! It’s nice to be Habs fan again.
Bergevin is more egotistical then most politicians. In his mind, I’m sure he looks at any success the team had the first half of his tenure as his own design as opposed to inheriting a great core. He also has the Cinderella run to the SCF to boost his ego. If anything, he would probably trying to give Hughes advice.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think MSL has a good success rate. Hopefully Laine fits into his reclamation project success

MSL successes:

Development projects:
Slaf
Caufield
Roy

Reclamation projects:
Monahan
Dach
Armia

MSL questionable projects
Drouin (succeeded outside)
Anderson (jury is still out)
Gally (jury is still out)
Not much MSL can do with Gally's body breaking down and Gally requiring speed on his line because of it (he looked fine with Newhook at the end of last season).

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Not much MSL can do with Gally's body breaking down and Gally requiring speed on his line because of it (he looked fine with Newhook at the end of last season).
No but he can help him transition to a smarter player that isn’t always thinking of being the first forward in the zone and banging and chasing. And he’s doing that so far. Takes a while to adapt a game he’s established his whole life

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Would Montreal fans be happy with a 30g/30a season from Laine, provided he plays a full season in your top 6?
I expect Laine to get off to a slow start, due to coming off shoulder surgery, just getting out of the PAP, having only played 18 games last season, and coming to a new team. So a 30/30 season would be more than satisfactory, IMO.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Would Montreal fans be happy with a 30g/30a season from Laine, provided he plays a full season in your top 6?
For sure we would be happy , the thing is.....if he actually plays 82 he is definitely scoring more than 60 points..... and I'm not one to hype up our players numbers , on the contrary I'm usually quite timid in my point projections for our guys (for obvious reasons)..... This guy is going to put up points i'm sure of it , the rest of his game and his health is the real worry

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Armia is on the 2nd line that mean the top 6 still sucks

I wouldn't go as far as saying the entire Top-6 still sucks. When you still have guys like Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Dach & Laine, you have 5 legitimate Top-6 players in your line-up. Considering the Top-6 before HuGo started to really work on it, we only had Suzuki and Caufield. They drafted Slaf, traded for Dach and Laine. They didn't just add three Top-6 players since taking over, but they also added size.

And when Demidov comes over next year, then we have a legit Top-6.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Imo he's done that. If Gally can cut down the dumb penalties, he has his place on this team.
No but he can help him transition to a smarter player that isn’t always thinking of being the first forward in the zone and banging and chasing. And he’s doing that so far. Takes a while to adapt a game he’s established his whole life

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Side point but it's funny that everyone assumes that the Columbus 2026 2nd rounder will be a high 2nd.
Why?

Just look at their lineup. Very unlikely this team goes anywhere in the next 2 years. Cayden Lidstrom wont be ready to play a major role for another 2 years. Outside of him they have Jiricek, Mateychuk and Fantilli not nearly enough to move the needle much. Unless they draft 1st overall in 2025 they should draft high in 2026.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I honestly think Habs has something really special going on. A team loaded with young talent, lots of pics and prospects + a VERY nice paystructure. If all goes well, Habs are in the playoffs and Laine pots 40+ goals. The team will only get better next year and if PL continue to play well and feel comfortable on the team, I`m positive he`ll take a paycut to stay in Montreal. Suzuki is the best paid forward, so he sets the bar. I could see Laine taking around 7M longterm and that is because he has been on 2 teams he wasnt comfortable beeing, he lives to win and Montreal is on the rise and will contend in a few years. If Laine feels at home, I`m 100% that the money isnt the issue here. He doesnt drink and party, he`s had mental issues and that probably means he wants to be in a place he likes. Money isnt everything - Mental health and good surroundings win every time...

Exactly what I thought aswell. Between 7 and 7,5 for 6 years would be perfect for both sides. Laine isn't there for money, he is there for win a Cup. Now he want to be a leader, he have matured so much and ready to take another step in his career.

He is a right person to talk about difficulties and struggles.

Hatty in the first meeting vs Jets.

His second hatty will be against Columbus!!

Let's goooo!!!!

Reactions: Mestaruus

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
After listening to KH press conference it stuck out to me how completely he was of Waddell for allowing him to speak to Laine and everything… That nice of him he clearly pulled a heist but he is not going to rub it in.

Reactions: DAChampion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad