Prospect Info: 2024 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #20 - The End

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beckman, Adam

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Results:

RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2023 Result2022 Result
1Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall90.5Luke HughesLuke Hughes
2Anton Silayev2024 Round 1 #10 Overall90.1Simon NemecSimon Nemec
3Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall76.4Alexander HoltzAlexander Holtz
4Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall89.5Akira SchmidArseni Gritsyuk
5Lenni Hameenaho2023 Round 2 #58 Overall87.5Seamus CaseyShakir Mukhamadullin
6Topias Vilen2021 Round 5 #129 Overall31.9Arseni GritsyukFabian Zetterlund
7Mikhail Yegorov2024 Round 2 #49 Overall29.9Lenni HameenahoNikita Okhotiuk
8Santeri Hatakka2019 Round 6 #184 Overall33.3Topias VilenSeamus Casey
9Daniil Orlov2022 Round 4 #110 Overall25.4Nolan FooteNico Daws
10Daniil Karpovich2023 Round 6 #186 Overall23.9Josh FilmonTyce Thompson
11Jakub Malek2021 Round 4 #100 Overall35.4Graeme ClarkeNolan Foote
12Daniil Misyul2019 Round 3 #70 Overall27.7Zakhar BardakovTyler Brennan
13Cam Squires2023 Round 4 #122 Overall26.0Nico DawsChase Stillman
14Josh Filmon2022 Round 6 #166 Overall30.2Chase StillmanReilly Walsh
15Isaac PoulterUndrafted30.3Daniil KarpovichAkira Schmid
16Nolan Foote2019 Round 1 #27 Overall48.6Daniil OrlovCase McCarthy
17Chase Stillman2021 Round 1 #29 Overall45.5Jakub MalekGraeme Clarke
18Artem Barabosha2022 Round 7 #198 Overall51.5Ethan EdwardsPatrick Moynihan
19Ethan Edwards2020 Round 4 #120 Overall38.2T - Tyler Brennan/Daniil MisyulJakub Malek

Last Pick: Ethan Edwards - U of Michigan / NCAA

Edwards2.jpg

Added: Shane Bowers

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Had to look up a few of these guys to remember who they were...

Beckman and Bowers have some NHL experience, but are 23 and 25 years old respectively. Would rather go with someone with some more upside than a tweener at this point.

Used to have high hopes for Salminen but he's been disappointing in his D+2 and D+3 seasons at UConnn. Also not a huge believer in Brennan, though who knows with goalies as they are long-term projects.

I know next to nothing about the 2024 draft picks, but if I had to choose I would have to go with Pikkarainen purely on the basis of him being the highest draft pick of the bunch (albeit only 6 picks before Traff).

That leaves Diotte. Totally forgot about this guy, but he was an undrafted free agent signed to an 3 year ELC by NJ back in March. 6'3" defenseman that put up 42 points in 59 games in the QMJHL this past season - including finishing 2nd in the league at +55. He also had an addition 10 points in 19 playoff games on a championship team. Turned 21 back in April. He's my pick for this all important final round.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Results:

RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2023 Result2022 Result
1Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall90.5Luke HughesLuke Hughes
2Anton Silayev2024 Round 1 #10 Overall90.1Simon NemecSimon Nemec
3Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall76.4Alexander HoltzAlexander Holtz
4Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall89.5Akira SchmidArseni Gritsyuk
5Lenni Hameenaho2023 Round 2 #58 Overall87.5Seamus CaseyShakir Mukhamadullin
6Topias Vilen2021 Round 5 #129 Overall31.9Arseni GritsyukFabian Zetterlund
7Mikhail Yegorov2024 Round 2 #49 Overall29.9Lenni HameenahoNikita Okhotiuk
8Santeri Hatakka2019 Round 6 #184 Overall33.3Topias VilenSeamus Casey
9Daniil Orlov2022 Round 4 #110 Overall25.4Nolan FooteNico Daws
10Daniil Karpovich2023 Round 6 #186 Overall23.9Josh FilmonTyce Thompson
11Jakub Malek2021 Round 4 #100 Overall35.4Graeme ClarkeNolan Foote
12Daniil Misyul2019 Round 3 #70 Overall27.7Zakhar BardakovTyler Brennan
13Cam Squires2023 Round 4 #122 Overall26.0Nico DawsChase Stillman
14Josh Filmon2022 Round 6 #166 Overall30.2Chase StillmanReilly Walsh
15Isaac PoulterUndrafted30.3Daniil KarpovichAkira Schmid
16Nolan Foote2019 Round 1 #27 Overall48.6Daniil OrlovCase McCarthy
17Chase Stillman2021 Round 1 #29 Overall45.5Jakub MalekGraeme Clarke
18Artem Barabosha2022 Round 7 #198 Overall51.5Ethan EdwardsPatrick Moynihan
19Ethan Edwards2020 Round 4 #120 Overall38.2T - Tyler Brennan/Daniil MisyulJakub Malek

Last Pick: Ethan Edwards - U of Michigan / NCAA

View attachment 906524

Added: Shane Bowers

I usually stop paying too close attention to these around #5, especially since Ripshot aged out, but thank you for doing these over the summer! Makes the slow months go by a bit faster

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Voted for Brennan but doesn't look like he'll make it. Will be interesting to see how he does this weekend and into the season.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
ooo Traff has made a comeback. As much as the dev camp roster looks like a dumpster fire, it’s good to come back here and remind myself how few of our actual “top prospects” are there.

Reactions: evnted

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
thanks to @Nubmer6 for organizing this. the top 5 being as defined as they are was to be expected, but its still funny to see that level of agreement. overall, i cant complain much about this list, i wouldnt say its terribly removed from my own ranking. a couple call outs:

my gut is the hatakka placement wont age well. thats not to say i dont appreciate him as a depth piece, but i think its overbuying into a couple decent showings on a depleted blue line. id love to be wrong (particularly with luke missing time now), but im expecting that itll be looked back on like the 23 schmid/22 thompson placements are

i also think that, as painful as it is for me to stick up for him, the stillman placement is too low. i still dont like the pick either, dont get me wrong, but i think that sentiment might be unfairly punishing him. his first pro season really wasnt that bad, particularly the back half of it, and with the type of game he plays, i dont think its that hard to envision him holding down some sort of nhl gig, even if its fairly low end, and theres some straight magic beans ranked above him

if i had to pick one player who i think firmly cracks the top 10 next year, ill go for squires. smart, competitive, dependable, put the team on his back type player. had an electric end to the season/playoff run last year, too. lots of good things to bet on here. probably more a sum of his parts player at the next level, but those are important pieces to fill out a high skill lineup

one other, longer term potential riser for me is probably traff. i think itll take time, and i dont think he'll be a big results player for a while either (which will help keep him under the radar), but thats someone who i think could mirror a coleman/zetterlund run of not really being a big name for the fanbase right away, but who eventually starts to climb once he gets a couple years in the A to solidfy himself

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
thanks to @Nubmer6 for organizing this. the top 5 being as defined as they are was to be expected, but its still funny to see that level of agreement. overall, i cant complain much about this list, i wouldnt say its terribly removed from my own ranking. a couple call outs:

my gut is the hatakka placement wont age well. thats not to say i dont appreciate him as a depth piece, but i think its overbuying into a couple decent showings on a depleted blue line. id love to be wrong (particularly with luke missing time now), but im expecting that itll be looked back on like the 23 schmid/22 thompson placements are

i also think that, as painful as it is for me to stick up for him, the stillman placement is too low. i still dont like the pick either, dont get me wrong, but i think that sentiment might be unfairly punishing him. his first pro season really wasnt that bad, particularly the back half of it, and with the type of game he plays, i dont think its that hard to envision him holding down some sort of nhl gig, even if its fairly low end, and theres some straight magic beans ranked above him

if i had to pick one player who i think firmly cracks the top 10 next year, ill go for squires. smart, competitive, dependable, put the team on his back type player. had an electric end to the season/playoff run last year, too. lots of good things to bet on here. probably more a sum of his parts player at the next level, but those are important pieces to fill out a high skill lineup

one other, longer term potential riser for me is probably traff. i think itll take time, and i dont think he'll be a big results player for a while either (which will help keep him under the radar), but thats someone who i think could mirror a coleman/zetterlund run of not really being a big name for the fanbase right away, but who eventually starts to climb once he gets a couple years in the A to solidfy himself
I agree and not agree in the same time. I think list is close to be right from " previous season performance perspective".

Stillman looks intriguing. If he will continue to play with Parent he will have opportunity to produce and if he will play full season in ahl with solid production - no matter how successful he will be in nhl or will not be - he will go up in the rankings.

There are no existing future. No destiny. Players are working now, are developing now. If they will work hard, if they will analyze their game enough by their head, if they will turn on their head more, they will have a chance to be nhlers if... they will be lucky too. Injuries, coaching decisions, managing decisions can change a lot. Even with all the red flags I still think that Holtz could be better than he was, but he was unlucky, he wasn't healthy and he didn't gave enough practice.

So we should rank players after season by their performance, its what we are doing actually. If every player wil be ranked not by their performance and how actually they are looking for their role and potential, and rank them only by their best potential ceiling based on skills than we can rank them once and make changes only if someone will be added - pick the place for him, that's all.
But players are developing and playing. Stillman produced on the close to be bad level for first rounder in his D+3 years, there were not so many competition for him in Utica, he made mistakes because positional game and smarts were not his strengths. And Devils drafted tonns of RWs for the same role after him. I believe after 2021 Devils drafted more RWs for depth role than any players for any position.

Its reasonable. If Stillman will show himself as a better player - will see. He can play as a top 6 forward next year, he can be successfully, he xan be not, he can be send down in the bottom, he can develop sloppy parts of his game and take a chance to play in nhl because of injuries, or never have it because of no injuries on the position.

Hattaka is in okay place because of his nhl performance and experience. He was okay in his role. Yeah its look like he will play his last year here, but he still can be solid 7D on NHL level. Its still a question for many young players will try be at least 7D or 13F on NHL level or not.

Squires is hot. Will see how it goes. Its nice to see smart player in the system. Again - even with great finish his overall performance is okay on his level. I know - defensive team, lack of talent. But still. With his production in D+1 in Q its rare to become NHL. But its more realistic than with what Filmon and Stillman performed. Let's hope Squires will continue, he has talent. And if he will - he will raise a lot. Its so freaking sad he can't play in AHL - he is ready.

Traff case is a lack of information. I saw not so many games and even didn't understand what I saw. On one hand - solid positioning, physical play, nice net driving, on other hand lack of four way mobility, not so great starting speed. And tonns of RWs in the system. Will see how it goes. I just don’t know much to judge.

Mostly I agree with raitings. Not so many credits for being drafted high like it was with Holtz. Not so many downrankings for being drafted low. Mostly people were closer to pick for potential and good performance than for hype some players had some time ago for draft position or for good performance before.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Thanks again for doing this.

Even though I'm right, amd everyone else - especially @Guadana - is wrong :sarcasm: - it's a lot of fun to participate.

And a sign that training camp is starting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad