Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Just coming in to write a couple things.

1 - I was wrong when I wrote that I didn’t think Laine would be acquired by this management. The fact that the CBJ allowed the Habs brass to speak with him before the deal was made is incredible. Shows how little value he had around the league and how much Waddell simply wanted to move on from the contract.

2 - the price that was paid to acquire Laine makes the deal a no brainer. Harris is a serviceable defenseman, but his departure clears up room on a jammed Habs blueline, while ADDING a second round pick for getting the best player in the trade? Phenomenal move.

3 - Kent Hughes is the best GM we’ve had in a very very long time. He takes calculated risks in his trades, while maximizing his cap space to get the best value/return possible. He identifies and gives out fair long term contracts to core players, and drafts talent with an eye for building a decade down the road. Has incredible short, middle and long term vision on how a franchise should be put together.

4 - It feels like Gorton/Hughes/MSL are building something very special here, and players league wide are starting to see Montreal as a premier destination again. The word is out, and guys feel valued here, while appreciating management’s commitment to being welcoming, honest and transparent. It’s wonderful to see as a long suffering Habs fan.

5 - welcome to Montreal, Mr Laine!!!
It wasn’t “little value” there were only a couple of teams able to assume $8M AAV
- don’t forget Laine had to agree to play for the team factor as well…

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Hughes is slowly making me care about the Habs again after Bergevin completely destroyed my interest. Going to be a very interesting season.
How long has it been since we had two viable scoring lines?

Finally.

Obviously we can’t be thinking Stanley Cup or anything but the move is so exciting in and of itself. It confirms and validates that Hughes is competitive and wants to win. That’s all I wanted at this point.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Every time something happens I have that twinge of oh f*** this is gonna be bad. We shouldn't do this unless its like this and I feel like it'd Bergevin PTSD.

He always hits it out of the park. I didn't want Laine for a number of risk factors. But when you get paid to take him and alleviate the LD long jam in the same move? Those risk factors become minute and mitigated.
I didn't want Laine for assets either , but at that price? Are you kidding me??

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
No reason Laine can’t play his best hockey of his career for us. He’s only 26.
And this team seems like a perfect fit for him.

We could be seeing the beginnings of an absolute powerhouse of a team in the making.
Suzuki
Caufield
Slaf
Demidov
Dach
Laine
Newhook
Beck
Roy
Hage
Guhle
Hutson
Arber
Mailloux

We still have assets to make another big trade in the future. The Habs can make big noise for a while.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
so with Kovacevic and Harris out, who are the top 7 D?
thoughts welcome

Mattheson Guhle
Savard Xhekaj
Mailloux Hutson

Struble

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000008760.jpg

"I'm super excited to be here "

It's how pretty much every player looks when they're traded/sign somewhere.

Reactions: HabsQC and Fenris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad