Speculation: Patrick Sharp trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey1984

Some Guy from the Chicago suburbs
Jun 2, 2009
McHenry County
Sharp to Washington for Liam O’Brien, Connor Carrick or Nate Schmidt, a 2015 2nd round pick...

Or…

Sharp to Florida for Vincent Trocheck, Kyle Rau or Corban Knight, a 2015 2nd round pick…

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
I doubt he names it too. But having a chance to play with McDavid or Eichel (depends on how the draft breaks) it wouldn't be bad to have such a friendly, smart, good player with a winning track record to mentor them.

I just don't see why the Sabres who are in full rebuild mode want an aging winger. It's not like Sharpie will put them over the top. Washington and the Habs...now those two seem like a good fit.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
That's a 15 hour drive :laugh:

It's about 20 - and there are no direct flights between the two cities.

edit - if google maps is to be believed, it's 18:16 if you take the Northern Ontario route (fun in the winter!) and 20:43 if you cut south through Michigan. Assuming you drive without stopping, of course.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If the Hawks don't get Reilly, Sharp to Washington for Carrick and their 2nd.

No thanks on Wilson.

I think Wilson is actually a pretty decent player, he's just miscast as a top 6 guy in Washington right now. As a bottom six guy, he could be useful. Decent hands, good size, good speed.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Whoever takes Sharp should take Bickell as a package or no deal, we dont need anything back just take them both and might as well throw Crawford in there so we can get rid of two horrible salaries and Sharpy as a prize for the other two mediocre(s).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
1) Crawford is going nowhere no matter how much you want it to happen
2) You don't ruin Sharp's value by throwing in Bickell ,, It would make Sharp untradeable

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What am I missing on Wilson? He hasn't scored at any level. He hits people... so?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I'd love to get a young cost controlled defenseman/center for Sharp.
LD and center, 2 holes for the Hawks.

Im fine with seeing Teravainen can handle 3rd line center assuming Richards is re-signed. If Richards and Vermette are not resigned, Hawks have the center problem again.

LD, looks like Svedberg is at the top of the prospect depth food chain for LD with no prospect behind. Fournier may be ECHL material. Im not a fan of d men from the Q. Signing Reilly could solve that for the short term but we'll have to see how that plays out.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
So what's the consensus on a Habs/Hawks deal from both sides:

to Mtl: Sharp
to Chi: #26

Any +'s? Habs fans, how do we feel about giving up a 1st for Sharp? Is that definitely enough for you Hawks fans?

I'm not convinced but if MB does it, I think it's bc he knows Sharp and is confident he can be an impact player for at least 2-3 years.

Gotta buyout or cap dump PaP then...

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So what's the consensus on a Habs/Hawks deal from both sides:

to Mtl: Sharp
to Chi: #26

Any +'s? Habs fans, how do we feel about giving up a 1st for Sharp? Is that definitely enough for you Hawks fans?

I'm not convinced but if MB does it, I think it's bc he knows Sharp and is confident he can be an impact player for at least 2-3 years.

Gotta buyout or cap dump PaP then...

I would want a prospect as well as the pick from a Hawks perspective but if the Hawks just got the pick I wouldn't be upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad