Speculation: Patrick Sharp trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee*

Hi, at first Congratulations to all Chicago fans on winning the Stanley Cup
and I try to find out what would you want from Caps for possible Patrick Sharp trade...

Brouwer + Galiev/Carrick + Caps 3rd round pick (62th Overall)

is this proposal possible for you?

It will be based around what they talked about at the deadline: Caps 1st and Ward. Obviously Ward is a FA and the Caps were right to consider that too high a price at the time, though the Hawks needed a roster player back in any deal at the deadline for the playoffs if they were dealing Sharp, but the basis of the deal remains. The Caps 1st + a prospect.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hi, at first Congratulations to all Chicago fans on winning the Stanley Cup
and I try to find out what would you want from Caps for possible Patrick Sharp trade...

Brouwer + Galiev/Carrick + Caps 3rd round pick (62th Overall)

is this proposal possible for you?

I really hope the Hawks aren't interested in Brouwer. Especially at 3+ mil. If they are, it would be a 1st round pick coming, not a 3rd.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well if there are that many teams wanting Sharp we probably do get a first rounder back as part of the deal...I was afraid we would have to settle for seconds only but with 3-5 teams seriously discussing a trade for him that kind of interest should keep the price up...

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

What you ask for and what you get are two different stories.

With the Chicago connection in Florida I would love to see him a Panther. The organization is up and coming, the Chicago connection makes sense, and I live about 2 1/2 hours from the Panthers and they would instantly become my second favorite team! I went to see the Hawks play there this year but if Sharpie was there I would actually go to a few more games and root for them.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Been watching so much Cup coverage so I'm not sure where I heard it, but Scotty Bowman thinks that both Florida and Columbus have a chance to become the Hawks of the future, so maybe like some others were saying earlier that Sharp won't have a problem going down to South Beach (wouldn't we all want to be Patrick Sharp for an hour on South Beach) and reunites with Campbell and Bolland. That's not a bad team with Huberdeau, Ekblad, Jagr and Luongo there. Not sure what Dale would give up (doubt this years first), but it's plausible.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I see Calgary forming into a team similar to the Hawks. Something about their group has their resiliency.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I would definitely zero in on the Panthers if I was Stan. Panthers fans have said it's win or else for Dale...and there's not much available via free agency. The Hawks have as much leverage on other teams as they have on the Hawks (because of the cap). Not so much interested in the Trocheck and 2nd trade that so many want,....I'd rather focus on a pick and leave it at that.

Pulyx

Jun 8, 2015
Brazil
It hasn't even materialized and i'm already kind of heartbroken Sharpie will be gone. Hoping the team won't feel too much a blow to the leadership core. We got a lot of young good character kids to pick up the slack. But still, it'll be pretty sad to see him go.
It wouldn't be the best scenario for the hawks but i hope he goes to a good team where he'll be properly valued and utilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad