Patrick Marleau

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
i still remember when patty jumped over the puck in the detriot series and cost us the game. patty is a great reg season guy but just isnt a big game player. joe thornton isnt a big game player. great people, signed for cheap, great in regular season. joe t and patty are not leading this team to a cup. its okay for you guys to get excited in playoffs again but watch scoring dry up and us get bounced early again. this core arnt winners. sorry im not getting fooled for the 10 year straight

Way to open a new can of worms, this should end delightfully.

How about the GWG Patty scored against Detroit in Game 7 after the team was on the cusp of giving up a 3-0 series lead? Or when he scored the GWG to sweep the Canucks? Everybody has a flawed game where you can argue so-and-so wasn't "clutch." Come on man, he has scored big time goals just as well as Thornton. I'm not advocating getting my hopes up for a SCF appearance this year, but since I can remember first ever watching this team, this year, when healthy; is the best chance this team has ever had. And yes, that is including the aforementioned "worthless" core that consists of Marleau and Thornton. :shakehead

BCShark

Feb 21, 2007
Goaltending.

Winning,

Look at the teams that get to the Cup Finals.
Their Goalies are on fire, Goalies win big games for their teams with their defense playing good/great.
I don't think Nabby was that guy and Niemi hasn't been so far,
Defense????
see, your average shark fan has no idea where to place the blame the last 10 years in playoffs. i do agree though goaltending from nabby wasnt all that clutch, let in some soft goals at key times in games. when you get bounced early 10 years in a row i dont think its all that ludicrous to be hard on your captain and leading goal scorer, especially when scoring dries up every elimination series from what i observed.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
i still remember when patty jumped over the puck in the detriot series and cost us the game. patty is a great reg season guy but just isnt a big game player. joe thornton isnt a big game player. great people, signed for cheap, great in regular season. joe t and patty are not leading this team to a cup. its okay for you guys to get excited in playoffs again but watch scoring dry up and us get bounced early again. this core arnt winners. sorry im not getting fooled for the 10 year straight

Wow, talk about a Debbie downer. It must be depressing to be a fan with that mentality.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Marvin_the_robot_97A141EE-90A8-4A3A-D08A7695C320C8DF.png

BCShark

Feb 21, 2007
and yet thornton and marleau will both be at nearly or over a point per game during the playoffs just like they are always.

if you can't win in the playoffs with your 2 best players being at a point per game, it is no longer the top players that are the reason for losing. if a team needs 2 players to be doing all the scoring, then this team is doomed from the get go, because no 2 players will win you a cup. not even gretzky and lemieux together could win a cup together if no body else shows up.

patty has been over a ppg in playoffs once in 15 years of playoffs, big deal

McSorley33

Jul 20, 2003
www.enforcerjerseys.com
and yet thornton and marleau will both be at nearly or over a point per game during the playoffs just like they are always.

if you can't win in the playoffs with your 2 best players being at a point per game, it is no longer the top players that are the reason for losing. if a team needs 2 players to be doing all the scoring, then this team is doomed from the get go, because no 2 players will win you a cup. not even gretzky and lemieux together could win a cup together if no body else shows up.

How about goaltending help??
THE GOALIE NEEDS TO STEAL A FEW GAMES for any team to win the CUP. Bottom line!!!

joseph_kerr

Apr 14, 2007
see, your average shark fan has no idea where to place the blame the last 10 years in playoffs. i do agree though goaltending from nabby wasnt all that clutch, let in some soft goals at key times in games. when you get bounced early 10 years in a row i dont think its all that ludicrous to be hard on your captain and leading goal scorer, especially when scoring dries up every elimination series from what i observed.

Patty doesn't show up in big games, it's Patty's fault scoring dries up yet Patty has nine goals and thirteen? points in nine freaking conference final games.

People are right to wonder where exactly the bar is set when a guy puts up those kinds of numbers in the biggest nhl games he's played yet is blamed for scoring drying up because he supposedly doesn't show up in big games.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
patty has been over a ppg in playoffs once in 15 years of playoffs, big deal

Regular season goals/game for Marleau: 29 goals pace over 82 game season
Playoff goals/game for Marleau: 33 goals pace over 82 game season

Can you show me some other players in the NHL with as big a sample size as him (~1200 regular season games, ~150 playoff games) who have an increase in goals per game over the playoffs? Better start looking on other teams, cause you won't find any on the Sharks. Not even joe Pavelski, who has a much smaller sample size (1/2 the playoff games played, not even 1/2 the regular season games)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad