Value of: Patrick Kane UFA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Will turn 35 years in November of 2023. All time legend, nobody has more points over the last 13 seasons. 3X Stanley Cup winner. Analytic nerds think he stinks. What do you think he signs for this summer?

Reactions: G0AT

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Probably gets a 3-4 million dollar one year deal.

Feel like he’d do well in Buffalo.

Hard pass. Wanted him when I was younger, now I want him to stay far away from Buffalo. We have enough offense, not enough defense- Kane makes that issue worse. He’s also acted like a stubborn prima dona as Hawks have tanked- I can’t really discount whatever role he had on those cup teams, but he does not seem like veteran leadership. Messier was great in one place, trash in another, it does happen. We have a good young core, no need to rock the boat.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Some team will convince themselves it’s 2016 again and give him a big number. Plus, low impact or not, he is flashy and he does have a big name, so he will help sell tickets and merch.

Reactions: Whodobbyin

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Kane looks horrible right now, I'm not sure why anyone with eyes would give him a multi year deal at this point.

Reactions: Whodobbyin

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Probably gets a 3-4 million dollar one year deal.

Feel like he’d do well in Buffalo.

Buffalo honestly has 0 need for another scoring winger. If anything, I suspect we may need to clear some older/lower ceiling bodies out of the way up front to make room for Savoie an possibly Kulich next season. If Kane were a grizzled vet RHD and wanted to come home as a UFA, great. But as a small scoring winger, the fit just isn't there even presuming something he's interested in.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Forgot he was even on the Rangers for a minute until he touched the puck there lol.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
No matter where he signs, I bet Kane takes the first part of next season off to get the surgery or surgeries he seems to badly need. Recuperate from those, rest up and find that competitive spark again, then sign with the team having the best season for a reduced/pro-rated amount.

Edmonton would be an incredible fit though, good chance they enter the season with this as their forward situation up until the deadline:

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Kostin ($1.5M)
Foegele-McLeod-Holloway/Lavoie/Bourgault/?
?-?

He would be an exceptional fit on the second line/PP even with his reduced abilities.

Reactions: hurdemz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad