Confirmed with Link: Patrick Kane signs one year extension (4M base, up to 6.5M with bonuses)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
The entire point is to get to the playoffs. The young guys (including a late 20's Larkin) NEED some playoff experience. But to get it, they need to actually make it in. Kane, Stammer and even Trouba would help get them there. Maybe they win a round, maybe they dont. But they get a taste and youve hopefully got a spot for a Danielson or Kasper to get a taste as well. Kane proved he could still put up the points, Stamkos too.

Putting up points and driving the play 5 on 5 are two different things. Most of Stammer’s production comes off of that incredible Tampa PP. Kaner and Cat were downright outmatched at ES against other top lines. Yeah we’d have a sick Power Play but that only takes you so far.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I posted it on twitter but riddle me this guys...

stamkos signs

Our powerplay 1 is now going to be:
Larkin
Stamkos - Kane - compher/raymond
seider

our powerplay 2 becomes (if they ever get out there):
raymond/compher
berggren - debrincat - copp/rasmussen
edvinsson

if this is the lines or the combo of players and we don't execute a minimum of 30% clip rate, I'd be absolutely shocked.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
giphy.gif

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Putting up points and driving the play 5 on 5 are two different things. Most of Stammer’s production comes off of that incredible Tampa PP. Kaner and Cat were downright outmatched at ES against other top lines. Yeah we’d have a sick Power Play but that only takes you so far.
I get it, but an extra .5 goals/game over the course of the season probably gets them in the playoffs last year even with the sieve goaltending at times. Doesnt matter if they were PP or not.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
liking this, its nice to have a legit HOF talent in the mix mentoring what to do on the ice for the kiddos

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I'm glad to have Kane back but I hope he's on a line where they can cover for him defensively better than last year, or that he can play better himself in the defensive zone. It was hard to watch sometimes.

Getting a better defense should certainly help. Can't wait to see what the roster looks like post FA frenzy.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I don't believe Stamkos will come to Detroit for a bargain contract. Toronto could afford 5 million easily and he'd be playing on a team that would be a cup threat with him on their second line.
5M is 2 more than TB. I'll give him whatever he wants. f***ing Andrew Copp makes more than 5M!!!!

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Sign another aging star in Stamkos, keep Veleno, Fabbri, just make sure we won't see Kasper/Danielsson/Mazur/Berggren etc this season. Also don't forget to load D with Ghost and Trouba for AJo and Wallinder to spend another full season in Grand Rapids.

Why do we even draft players?

Keeps Draper employed.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Sign another aging star in Stamkos, keep Veleno, Fabbri, just make sure we won't see Kasper/Danielsson/Mazur/Berggren etc this season. Also don't forget to load D with Ghost and Trouba for AJo and Wallinder to spend another full season in Grand Rapids.

Why do we even draft players?
To give people stuff to complain about.

• Haha
Reactions: KJoe88 and SoupNazi

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I don't believe Stamkos will come to Detroit for a bargain contract. Toronto could afford 5 million easily and he'd be playing on a team that would be a cup threat with him on their second line.
Right. Because Toronto's track record suggests that they 1) are a Cup contender and 2) should spend money on another premier forward.

Stamkos should have plenty of suitors. Going to the Leafs (at nearly any price) would be an awful decision.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Right. Because Toronto's track record suggests that they 1) are a Cup contender and 2) should spend money on another premier forward.

Stamkos should have plenty of suitors. Going to the Leafs (at nearly any price) would be an awful decision.

Let me start by saying I hate Canadian hockey teams and hope to live to be 100 and never see one lift a cup again. That being said, Toronto with Stammer would be better than they are now. And based on track record there is nothing Toronto loves more than to spend money on premier free agents.

Reactions: AHall88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad