Pat Kane Investigation talk [MOD: Post #129]

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You said because of the lack of DNA below the waist does that mean different charges.

You interpret it differently what you post I guess.

I believe that a complete lack of DNA evidence will sound very different to a jury versus DNA evidence being only above the waist of the victim.

The "DNA doesn't have to be there" talk was mostly about whether the DA has a shot at a case if all DNA evidence were to be deemed inadmissible.

I was talking about how things might play out if the leaked DNA evidence were admissible.

Basically, I'm wondering if Kane's lawyer's take that the leaked DNA evidence is good for his client is true and what that could mean down the line.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I believe that a complete lack of DNA evidence will sound very different to a jury versus DNA evidence being only above the waist of the victim.

The "DNA doesn't have to be there" talk was mostly about whether the DA has a shot at a case if all DNA evidence were to be deemed inadmissible.

I was talking about how things might play out if the leaked DNA evidence were admissible.

Basically, I'm wondering if Kane's lawyer's take that the leaked DNA evidence is good for his client is true and what that could mean down the line.

If Kane admits to having sex with the victim, something we don't know about then the DNA evidence is not so important. A condom could be another reason for lack of DNA which has been mentioned on news reports of being rare to be used in those situations.(not known in this case either).

If Kane is charged I think it will come down to testimony in the courtroom.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Any pictures of Pat Kane after the alleged rape? Has Kane been interviewed by the police?
Did Kane have scratch marks? Marks on the rape victim?

It is not so often that innocent people hide behind lawyers although Kane is not the typical person and guilty or not using a lawyer is the best defense against criminal charges.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If Kane admits to having sex with the victim, something we don't know about then the DNA evidence is not so important. A condom could be another reason for lack of DNA which has been mentioned on news reports of being rare to be used in those situations.(not known in this case either).

If Kane is charged I think it will come down to testimony in the courtroom.

I would expect that most cases that go to trial like this one hinge on the testimony in the courtroom.

Any pictures of Pat Kane after the alleged rape? Has Kane been interviewed by the police?
Did Kane have scratch marks? Marks on the rape victim?

It is not so often that innocent people hide behind lawyers although Kane is not the typical person and guilty or not using a lawyer is the best defense against criminal charges.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...ation-hamburg-new-york-police-blackhawks-2015

Kane was interviewed by police.

His house was searched the day the accusation was made. But, I don't remember if the reports said whether Kane was looked at for marks that would be consistent with the victim's report of what happened.

And I would say that it is wise to have a lawyer advise you whether you feel you are innocent or not.

Heck, the victim has a criminal attorney helper her through this. I wouldn't view Kane having a lawyer as anything other than doing the smart thing, regardless of his guilt or innocence in this matter.

I also don't believe Kane is hiding behind his lawyer. He is doing the smart thing by letting his lawyer do what he is paid to do.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I would expect that most cases that go to trial like this one hinge on the testimony in the courtroom.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...ation-hamburg-new-york-police-blackhawks-2015

Kane was interviewed by police.

His house was searched the day the accusation was made. But, I don't remember if the reports said whether Kane was looked at for marks that would be consistent with the victim's report of what happened.

And I would say that it is wise to have a lawyer advise you whether you feel you are innocent or not.

Heck, the victim has a criminal attorney helper her through this. I wouldn't view Kane having a lawyer as anything other than doing the smart thing, regardless of his guilt or innocence in this matter.

I also don't believe Kane is hiding behind his lawyer. He is doing the smart thing by letting his lawyer do what he is paid to do.

of course he is hiding behind his lawyer. That is what he is suppose to do.

gaf

Occupied Territory
Sep 22, 2005
... on the warpath
I believe the accuser's ,now former, lawyer said the bag is authentic but he believes they mistrepresented how the mom got it.

Sounded like part of the issue was with how the bag got to where it was found based on his office's and the da's offices investigation? Hard to put it all together just now but that's what I got

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He used term "Evidence bag' instead of "Rape kit bag"

Could it be mother passed off the package her daughter's belongings came in from hospital as rape kit to him making up the story about finding it in her door?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He used term "Evidence bag' instead of "Rape kit bag"

Could it be mother passed off the package her daughter's belongings came in from hospital as rape kit to him making up the story about finding it in her door?
Sounds like that's what happened. If the accuser wasn't in on this and it was her Mother trying to take matters into her own hands then she just ruined any chance her daughter gets treated fairly here and likely ruined her life even more.

AV18

Apr 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Rape kit bag was a false term used yesterday. That is actually an evidence bag, and based on my experience the bag in the pictures looks legit. There are different bags given to people to take their belongings home in, and those bags don't have the hospital stickers on them.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I assume whoever did this did it as a result of the DNA results from under waist excluding Kane

Tried to taint the DNA evidence thru claim of tampering

All the DNA test proved is there was no semen.

I doubt he brought her to his house from Skybar just so he could bite and scratch her. I'm guessing he smartly used protection thus no semen. And I say smartly because he would do it to avoid STDs or getting a girl pregnant. Nothing to do with a rape kit

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
All the DNA test proved is there was no semen.

I doubt he brought her to his house from Skybar just so he could bite and scratch her. I'm guessing he smartly used protection thus no semen. And I say smartly because he would do it to avoid STDs or getting a girl pregnant. Nothing to do with a rape kit

- No Semen
- No Hair
- No Skin samples

No DNA of any type from Kane during an alleged forceful rape is a stretch

Even wearing a condom you would transfer skin/hair samples

Reasonable doubt was already there and the last 36 hours circus from family has put that even more at forefront

I see no possible way a case should go forward after what we just witnessed + the DNA tests that came back

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
- No Semen
- No Hair
- No Skin samples

Reasonable doubt was already there and the last 36 hours circus from family has put that even more at forefront

I see no possible way a case should go forward after what we just witnessed + the DNA tests that came back
I'm not surprised you feel this way.

Last edited:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
- No Semen
- No Hair
- No Skin samples

I may have missed it but where was it claimed it was a "forceful" rape?

This doesn't look good for the accuser's case, but it doesn't immediately make it dead in the water.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
- No Semen
- No Hair
- No Skin samples

I thought there was DNA under her nails and on her shoulder?

This guy sounds like he doesn't care if Kane is a rapist, he is just happy he gets to play.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
- No Semen
- No Hair
- No Skin samples

I'm a big believer in innocent until proven guilty.

That being said, there simply isn't enough publicly available information for anyone to make an educated guess as to which way this will go. We don't know the testimony, we don't know what evidences there was at the scene, we don't know what witnesses said, we don't know anything other than reports.

Once the DA announces there will be no charges or they decide to go forward with a case, THEN we will know more info. Until then its all speculation.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
How do they know it's legit and not some stupid prank?

Rape kit bag was a false term used yesterday. That is actually an evidence bag, and based on my experience the bag in the pictures looks legit. There are different bags given to people to take their belongings home in, and those bags don't have the hospital stickers on them.

As I suspected, this was a hoax. The bag was either an unrelated evidence bag made to look like one from this case, or it was a bag that the hospital used simply to store and return the woman's clothing with. The label could've been added, made up, re-used...whatever.

The chance that hospital personnel and/or Hamburg PD deliberately or accidentally lost track of a real evidence bag from a high-profile rape case only exists in a movie script. I'll let others decide what that means about the rest of the story, but I know what it means for this case as far as the DA's office will think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad