Pat Kane Investigation talk [MOD: Post #129]

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
This looks pretty bad for Kane. There's nothing tying him to this yet, but this is extremely rare and a pretty serious crime. Not that someone random couldn't have done this for no reason, but you've got to figure odds-on it's ties back to a party with motive.

Add in the fact that she retained a purely criminal lawyer with no settlement experience, and I start to have a little more than a "let's see whatever happens" level of suspicion about this case as a whole.

I'm not really sure what his role is. It's not like you can have a private prosecutor.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I wonder who delivered the bag to the alleged victim's mother's house. A samaritan blowing the whistle concerning evidence tampering, or a bad actor sending a hostile message. I wouldn't be surprised with either, but I doubt we'll ever know.

Is this real? Has it been substantiated the bag is what it is claimed to be - i.e., that it is authentic? and therefore, that evidence has lost chain of control and/or been tampered with?

Secondly, assuming it's authentic, what's the motive to drop it at the mother's house?

If the evidence was stolen by the Kane side / cohorts, isn't that inflammatory/sensationalism to drop it at the mother's house, rather than just burying/destroying it? [Further, if it has been stolen with intent of legal gain, why not keep it quiet, and ask at the trial if chain-of-control can be verified and with proof the evidence is still in possession of the authorities?]

If the evidence was stolen by a whistle-blower, to show that chain-of-control procedures are lax, then why not deliver it to a neutral party or media?

If stolen by the victim's side, or the theft is fabricated, that seems a very risky strategy, doesn't it?

My questions re: motive above are regardless of the value of such evidence. Even if there is minimal value of the evidence in terms of a potential conviction, I'm still unclear as to motive.

Lastly, if this is true, any chance this is linked to the allegation there was no semen in the rape kit? (because it was removed or the kit was stolen before all contents were examined / tested)

something smells fishy here...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Regarding Evidence
September 23, 2015 at 2:43pm
In regard to the information conveyed today by Mr. Thomas Eoannou, the Hamburg Police Department will cooperate with any authorized investigation regarding the handling of evidence and the procedure of such. That said, The Hamburg Police Department has documentation that unequivocally demonstrates that its handling of the evidence and the integrity of its chain of custody of evidence in this case is unassailable. As is policy with active investigations, there will be no further comment regarding this situation.

Unassailable?

Really?

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
This looks really bad. Kane is the one known to have friends in law enforcement... either way, this is going to be long and messy. I wonder when the nhl will step in and suspend kane? Are they awaiting formal charges?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder when the nhl will step in and suspend kane? Are they awaiting formal charges?

I'm guessing that the NHL sits on its hands until the time that Kane is charged.

Voynov was suspended after he was charged. I'm guessing that is the precedent setting how the NHL will handle this case.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11732720/slava-voynov-los-angeles-kings-suspended-indefinitely

Slava Voynov was arrested Monday morning on domestic violence charges and has been suspended indefinitely from the Los Angeles Kings pending a formal investigation by the NHL.

Voynov was arrested at 3:45 a.m. ET (12:45 a.m. PT) on Monday by Redondo Beach police. Voynov's bail amount was set at $50,000, which he posted, Sgt. Paul Ribitzki of the Redondo Beach PD said.

Last edited:

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Lastly, if this is true, any chance this is linked to the allegation there was no semen in the rape kit? (because it was removed or the kit was stolen before all contents were examined / tested)

Without getting into the question of who got their hands on the bag, left it at the doorway or why, I think it invalidates any supposed findings of the rape kit. One would have to assume that as long as the possibility exists that the kit could have been tampered with, which is demonstrated by the bag breaking the chain of possession, then the results cannot be taken as fact.

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
This looks really bad. Kane is the one known to have friends in law enforcement.

The driver that he hired for the night was an off-duty Buffalo Police officer.

The whole thing is weird. Someone on the inside must know who the victim is to find and track down the name and address of her mother, right?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The driver that he hired for the night was an off-duty Buffalo Police officer.

The whole thing is weird. Someone on the inside must know who the victim is to find and track down the name and address of her mother, right?

The victim's name was on the rape kit.

I doubt it was that hard to find out her mother's address.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Did someone just scam the heck out of the victim and her lawyer?

Not necessarily. All the county said is everything they have is the way it came to them from the Hamburg PD. It would still leave the possibility the kit was tampered with early on at the hospital or in the possession of the Hamburg PD, then resealed in a new bag before going to the county.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not necessarily. All the county said is everything they have is the way it came to them from the Hamburg PD. It would still leave the possibility the kit was tampered with early on at the hospital or in the possession of the Hamburg PD, then resealed in a new bag before going to the county.

So how did the HPD or someone remove Kane's DNA from sample and still leave the victims DNA?

That is impossible

Whammer

Sep 22, 2005
Grand Island
www.myspace.com
Without getting into the question of who got their hands on the bag, left it at the doorway or why, I think it invalidates any supposed findings of the rape kit. One would have to assume that as long as the possibility exists that the kit could have been tampered with, which is demonstrated by the bag breaking the chain of possession, then the results cannot be taken as fact.

Or the fact that it was leaked that Kane's DNA was not found "in" her. If that is the case, then it looks like a Hail Mary by Eoannou. But overall, what a mess this is turning out to be.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Unassailable?

Really?

I wonder... Obviously, the contents of the bag have to be removed for testing. After tests are done, I assume the contents are officially re-sealed and kept for safekeeping. If they were put into a new bag at that point and the state still has them, perhaps the evidence itself has never been compromised/tampered with, and someone just found the discarded old bag and decided to play a cruel, unfunny practical joke with it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The comment about the rape kit and the packaging seems to be trying to throw cold water on the victim's laywer's claims.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder... Obviously, the contents of the bag have to be removed for testing. After tests are done, I assume the contents are officially re-sealed and kept for safekeeping. If they were put into a new bag at that point and the state still has them, perhaps the evidence itself has never been compromised/tampered with, and someone just found the discarded old bag and decided to play a cruel, unfunny practical joke with it.

Given that it was said that the bag had the nurse's initials and the victim's info, I would be really surprised if that could be discarded.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Another theory is that it was something else from the victim's visit to the hospital. Like maybe a bag for the victim's clothes...

Gotta love people trying to guess what this stuff is without any real idea.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
So how did the HPD or someone remove Kane's DNA from sample and still leave the victims DNA?

That is impossible

I'm not talking high tech DNA separating of combined fluids here. A rape kit takes many biological samples from various places on a victim. What went to the lab labeled vagina could have indeed come from somewhere else on the body that didn't contain Kane's DNA to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00