Confirmed with Link: Pascal Vincent Named Laval Rocket Head Coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Great, pretty sure that being able to handle multiple line up mutations in the AHL made a difference in this selection. The other candidates having no experience probably didn't help their cause.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I see posters losing their minds over this hire because of what transpired with CBJ with Marchenko, Jiricek and Johnson.

Vincent said it well in his presser: coaching and developing young guys in the AHL or on a (very weak) NHL teams are two different worlds.

Too lazy to go back and quote reply someone who argued earlier in the thread that PV slowed down Louis Leblanc's progression back in 2009 with the Montreal Junior. My goodness, that's grasping at straws, big-time. LL simply wasn't committed enough to being a good professional player.

Exactly!

Blaming coaches for bums like Louis Leblanc who simply did not want to put in the work is lazy and baseless. Winnipeg were very happy with his developmental work in Manitoba and clearly HuGo were equally impressed, but hey...let's cherry pick names that fit the "burn the witch" narrative that is so ever present among the proletarians when discussing coaches or any other form of common scapegoat.

Now wait for them to come back with Vincent's win\loss record in Manitoba because they just don't and likely never will get it.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
meh he's not that great but the latest coaches we had were all trash , even if hes bad he cant be worse than the last 2.

Some legit prospects he could mess up if its the wrong guy though....
BTW I don't know who the right guy is either, don't know anything about this guy except people are calling him Babcock Jr.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Exactly!

Blaming coaches for bums like Louis Leblanc who simply did not want to put in the work is lazy and baseless. Winnipeg were very happy with his developmental work in Manitoba and clearly HuGo were equally impressed, but hey...let's cherry pick names that fit the "burn the witch" narrative that is so ever present among the proletarians when discussing coaches or any other form of common scapegoat.

Now wait for them to come back with Vincent's win\loss record in Manitoba because they just don't and likely never will get it.

That Portzline column about the end of Vincent's tenure in Columbus has been circulating a fair bit on X. Apparently, his use of Fantilli on the wing for a few games to shelter him and prevent him from having his ass handed to him by savvy #2 centers was sacrilege. Sending Marchenko to the pressbox for a couple of nights because of bad work habits starting to set in also was. This Blue Jackets team was a bottom-feeder, but not one that was so keen on accepting its fate, as were the Sharks or the Hawks. Vincent had to find ways to win games during his short time behind the bench, he said that much himself today.

I don't know... It just feels like the criticism for the hire stems mostly from these isolated events, and there's nothing there that correlates with PV's ability to coach our farm team, and coach it well.

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I wonder if any of Qualtrexx players past or present played for Vincent... If you saw a few names there you'd have to feel good about the situation as Hughes would definitely have some solid and reputable inside information there.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Vincent developed NHL players:
QMJHL
Cape Breton
00-07 MAF, James Sheppard, Adam Pardy, Ondrej Pavelec
Montreal Juniors
08-11 Jake Allen, Xavier Ouellet, Cedric Paquette (for 4 games)
AHL
Manitoba
16-21 Jack Roslovic, Kyle Connor, Brendan Lemieux, Brandon Tanev, Andrew Copp, Jansen Harkins, Nic Petan, Eric Comrie, Mason Appleton, Tucker Poolman, Logan Stanley, Johnathan Kovacevic, David Gustafsson, Cole Perfetti, Dylan Samberg

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Don't trust this app. Just look at this:

20240716_195309.jpg

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Typically, bullies are low IQ with very low self-esteem, always trying to take others down in an effort to make themselves look good..
If this is who HUGO hired to take charge of our prospects' growth then that is a shame..

Personally, I've never heard of the guy as a developer.. but if he pulls the crap with Laval he was doing while HC of Columbus then shame on Hugo...
I was referring to Therrien.

Reactions: themilosh

RandR

May 15, 2011
This photo with Vincent and St Louis beside each other makes me think that one reason why Vincent may have been hired is that he has a past history with St Louis and with Vincent being hired I would assume they got along well and won’t be expected to clash due to big egos, etc. When it comes to developing players we all want Vincent and St Louis to be on the same page. Look how well it turned out when Armia and Xhekaj were sent down to the AHL to rebuild confidence and/or work on their game this past year. And of course the same will also go for Vincent communicating with St Louis about what to expect when prospects are called up.

With Vincent having some NHL coaching experience that could also help in him understanding how different prospects may react to the jump compared to some of the other top candidates who lacked NHL coaching experience as either assistants or head coaches.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Let’s GOOOO!!! About damn time Michou got some of that rispek around here. Michou with some elite level coaching stats!!

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He's an ancient Q coach, which was basically a developmental wasteland. Was the coach when LeBlanc was there and offense died ceremoniously on that roster and he did very little to develop LeBlanc positively.

Fast forward to him being in Columbus and all the young guys stagnated, regressed or are pissed off. David Jiricek was incensed. Kent Johnson didn't progress at all.
Lolol, obviously those prospects not progressing is the fault of Pascal Vincent, haha. Leblanc, the nothing prospect.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Exactly!

Did you just really refer to fans as proletarian?

Because if yes, thats an hfboards jewel man. Thats in the same tier imo as Eiserman talking of himself at the 3rd person

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Exactly!

What the f*** is this shit?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
That Portzline column about the end of Vincent's tenure in Columbus has been circulating a fair bit on X. Apparently, his use of Fantilli on the wing for a few games to shelter him and prevent him from having his ass handed to him by savvy #2 centers was sacrilege. Sending Marchenko to the pressbox for a couple of nights because of bad work habits starting to set in also was. This Blue Jackets team was a bottom-feeder, but not one that was so keen on accepting its fate, as were the Sharks or the Hawks. Vincent had to find ways to win games during his short time behind the bench, he said that much himself today.

I don't know... It just feels like the criticism for the hire stems mostly from these isolated events, and there's nothing there that correlates with PV's ability to coach our farm team, and coach it well.
No, I remember him from his days coaching in the Q. Snake oil salesman. He had a loaded team and failed to produce. In Montreal, he just was bleh.

He’s very good in interviews. That is probably why he gets all those jobs. I NEVER understood how he got hired from the Q to the AHL. Never, ever.

Vincent developed NHL players:
QMJHL
Cape Breton
00-07 MAF, James Sheppard, Adam Pardy, Ondrej Pavelec
Montreal Juniors
08-11 Jake Allen, Xavier Ouellet, Cedric Paquette (for 4 games)
AHL
Manitoba
16-21 Jack Roslovic, Kyle Connor, Brendan Lemieux, Brandon Tanev, Andrew Copp, Jansen Harkins, Nic Petan, Eric Comrie, Mason Appleton, Tucker Poolman, Logan Stanley, Johnathan Kovacevic, David Gustafsson, Cole Perfetti, Dylan Samberg
Sorry. In the Q, he had the mandate to WIN. He failed. Cape Breton is calling to have a chat.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Excellent hire IMO. He’s the coach with the most AHL/NHL experience since a lonnnggg time on our farm team. Can’t remember all our coaches since Guy Boucher, but none of them were remarkable, outside the short span Bouchard was there.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No, I remember him from his days coaching in the Q. Snake oil salesman. He had a loaded team and failed to produce. In Montreal, he just was bleh.

He’s very good in interviews. That is probably why he gets all those jobs. I NEVER understood how he got hired from the Q to the AHL. Never, ever.

Sorry. In the Q, he had the mandate to WIN. He failed. Cape Breton is calling to have a chat.

I was just posting the info as it was talked about in the thread.

I wanted Favreau or Aubin. @Vachon23 also wanted Gilles Bouchard or Stephane Julien and I trust his judgment of Q coaches so would have been happy too.

I wish Vincent all the success, but he was not my guy. I do hope Hughes/Gorton/Sedgwick are right and he does great.

As I said, as long as he does better on game readiness and defensive structure than Houle, I'll be happy on the Laval side. As for the development side, if it's on the level of Houle I'll be okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad