Pre-Game Talk: Party like it’s 1997 - Edmonton vs Dallas

Who wins?

• Total voters

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don’t allow the capability of sending them to another party via the portal.

Could give a friend your password to your ticket account if you had to, but can’t send them to anyone.

Never work in practice. You have to be able to transfer tickets.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
The Connors have to play better to have a chance in this series. He needs to be more like himself.

And with that and Skinner being better, they have a chance.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Never work in practice. You have to be able to transfer tickets.

You don’t really unless the seats are held by a company, which exceptions could be made for. Or designate another account(s) that can access them.

If you’re not selling them the only reason you would transfer them would be to give them to someone else and if you’re not a corporate holder I can’t think of a reason why you would need unrestricted ability to transfer them.

Again, would be a trade off. Pretty sure you’re not going to be moving them to anyone else? No reason to not take the discount. Need the flexibility? Have to pay extra.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You don’t really unless the seats are held by a company, which exceptions could be made for. Or designate another account(s) that can access them.

If you’re not selling them the only reason you would transfer them would be to give them to someone else and if you’re not a corporate holder I can’t think of a reason why you would need unrestricted ability to transfer them.

Again, would be a trade off. Pretty sure you’re not going to be moving them to anyone else? No reason to not take the discount. Need the flexibility? Have to pay extra.

Many STH sell tickets to afford them.

Reactions: Shad5150 and Faelko

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
In the 1990 playoffs I went to every second game in the first row of the blues at center ice for $27.50 a ticket.
That was a pretty decent team in 1990 too. ;)
1st row of the Blues was the sweet spot for viewing a game in Northlands IMO.

Interesting to look back at how amazingly accessable NHL hockey was to virtually everyone 25+ years ago,
It certainly isnt anymore.

They haven't sold out a single game this entire playoffs. Outside of maybe the Saturday Game 6. Didn't go to it and didn't check.

Every other home game, there are literally hundreds of tickets left right at game time.

If they say they're sold out, they're completely full of shit.
You are really going to rile up the Katz apologizers now...buckle up!!

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Dallas plays a similar system to the Kings except that they have more top end talent and more depth.
This could be a slogfest which is ultimately decided by special teams.

Skinner has to be much more consistent for the team to have a chance in this series and they are going to need some luck to win this.
Its entirely possible.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The Connors have to play better to have a chance in this series. He needs to be more like himself.

And with that and Skinner being better, they have a chance.

I agree. Connor Brown should be more like himself. And of course Redempskin will show up.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Oilers are
# 1 in PP
# 1 in PK
# 1 in shot suppression
# 2 in goals per game(Avs#1)

The Achilles of the Oilers is Skinner. If he can't even be average, it'll be extremely difficult for the Oilers to win.

Dallas has a brutal PK but thier PP is pretty good. Dallas is also the least penalizing team by far. So Oil might struggle to get calls in thier favor. That means we need to play very disciplined hockey.

All in all, the Oilers do have a good chance of winning so as long as Skinner is up to the task. If he isn't, then we need Knobber to recognize it before it's too late and get Pickard in.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Worth nothing though is you predicted the Nucks to win series as well. Maybe the poster is right and its OK to have some faith. Afairc you were one of very few posters here to predict a Nucks win. Just saying. If I'm recalling correctly you even figured Nucks in 6.
Yup sure did, I dreaded that Vancouver series, it felt like such a trap of a series and I just didn’t like the feeling going into it.

I actually feel more optimistic about this series but still think a Dallas is a better bet to win right now. The oilers depth does a good job of suppression, but don’t like their lack of production. The top end of the oilers is superior and gives and edge. The oilers defence can hang in there,but nurse need to be better.

For me I’m concerned about goaltending. Ottenger can win them games and you are just hoping skinner doesn’t lose them a game. This comes from a guy who defends Skinner.

I’m excited for this one though, let’s see where it goes.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I say that the Oilers pull a repeat of the 2006 WCF against Anaheim and win in 5. :naughty:

Granted, we had the Ducks' number all that regular season too, but I think the outcome was still a surprise. Anaheim was 8-3 heading into that WCF matchup with us (4-3 over Calgary, then 4-0 over Colorado); that's an even more impressive record (8-3) than what Dallas currently has (8-9) IMO.

Ironically, we were also 8-4 like what we are right now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Gonna scrub through some Stars-Avs games tonight. See what were up against.

Also our D core needs to realize this can happen. Head on a swivel tomorrow night boys:

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
They have 3 lines. We have 2.
We have the better 1st d pair. They have a better 2nd. We have a better 3rd marginally.
We have higher end forwards.
They have us in goaltending.

Should be a close one if we get decent goaltending

We also have the better special teams.

IMO:

McDavid > Robertson
Draisaitl > Johnston
Hyman > Pavelski
RNH > Duchene
Kane = Benn
Holloway = Stankoven
Henrique = Seguin
Foegele < Marchment
Ryan < Dadonov
McLeod = Faksa
Carrick = Steel
Janmark = Smith

Edmonton had the better top 6 but Dallas had the better 3rd and maybe 4th line.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
We also have the better special teams.

IMO:

McDavid > Robertson
Draisaitl > Johnston
Hyman > Pavelski
RNH > Duchene
Kane = Benn
Holloway = Stankoven
Henrique = Seguin
Foegele < Marchment
Ryan < Dadonov
McLeod = Faksa
Carrick = Steel
Janmark = Smith

Edmonton had the better top 6 but Dallas had the better 3rd and maybe 4th line.
I was with you until I saw Kane = Benn. I think Dallas has the edge in that comp.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Notes from game 1 watch, do not underestimate the Stars ability to Dive.
I've watched all of their games this post season and didn't really notice anything too drastic, way less than the Cucks anyhow. They don't take a ton of penalties, pretty disciplined team. Or they get favorable reffing. ;)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad