Pre-Game Talk: Party like it’s 1997 - Edmonton vs Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Total voters

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
We aren’t a better team at all.
We have far worse goaltending, our depth is arguably worse too.
Our 2022 team would have crushed Vancouver
I don't see how the 2022 team would crush Vancouver. This team did "crush" them each time except game 5.

The score flattered them.

Compared to 2022 we now have Ekholm, Bouchard Hyman and a Leon with 2 legs.

What exactly was better 2022 side?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Building will be sold out. I didn’t see a single vacant seat at the last round. I would be surprised to see a single vacant seat this round.

I stand corrected on the Club seats - they are more in Edmonton as you’ve shown. But I was going off STH prices which are way cheaper for those exact seats than what is listed on TM. I have Loge and I pay way less for mine than that and I have maybe two of the best seats in the building.

Either way we’re a mad hockey market and will pay more because Zadarov said there’s nothing else to do here.

If they are overreaching with price it’ll show with empty seats.
Hundreds of tickets, original tickets, not resales have been left unsold at game time. I check regularly just as its an area of interest for me. Odd as well that the Snet lounges and Sky lounges must be some of the poorest demand. Several seats have been empty there and last game resales in there could be had for 400 bucks hours before game. For game 6 if one bought early in day there were tons of good value, lower than sticker price resales on sale.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
We're finally paying the price for the insanity of the secondary market.

In 2022 my playoff seats were about 40% cheaper AND I had the opportunity to buy a second pair of seats for the entirety of the playoffs. Result? STH's bought up another pair and flipped them for 100%+ mark up resulting in pretty much no availability at face value. They quickly changed that, and to be honest I can't blame them for it. Building will still very likely sell out and they get to take home 3/4X the revenue.

Having said this - it is not fair that season ticket holders that pay a ton of money through the year to get playoff access get raked over the coals like this. Simple solution - offer STH's a lower price, but make their tickets completely non-transferrable. Rewards the people that legitimately want to go themselves, while taking some margin away from those that are only there to buy and sell.
How do you make tickets non-transferable?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
100%.
In the mid 80's I used to go to games on a whim. I would stand outside of Northlands Coleseum and pick up a scalped ticket in the mid to low Blues for about $30 to watch the best hockey team on the planet.
Now even if we factor in inflation these current ticket prices are nothing short of gouging.
They can get away with it though....the demand is there....for now.
In the 1990 playoffs I went to every second game in the first row of the blues at center ice for $27.50 a ticket.

SPORTLOGiQ model tipping to Oilers series win at 54%.

Make it 12-2!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm just stoked we beat Vancouver tbh. Anything else is just gravy.
I disagree. This isn't 2022 anymore where we should be happy that they made the Conference Finals after the high of beating Calgary.
I do think the Oilers are underdogs against any of the 3 teams left and have some notable flaws that will make it really difficult to win the Cup but I still think the expectation should be Cup or bust. This playoffs and next season are their best chances before the even bigger cap crunch hits in 2 years with an aging core. It's pretty much now or never for Cup aspirations IMO.

Reactions: Faelko

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hundreds of tickets, original tickets, not resales have been left unsold at game time. I check regularly just as its an area of interest for me. Odd as well that the Snet lounges and Sky lounges must be some of the poorest demand. Several seats have been empty there and last game resales in there could be had for 400 bucks hours before game. For game 6 if one bought early in day there were tons of good value, lower than sticker price resales on sale.

Didn’t see any empty seats that I saw In Round 2. I know Round 1 had some my son told me (I was overseas for that round). That said Oilers are just above 98% capacity for the playoffs which tells me that prices are a bit too much for the market. Capacity for the regular season was slightly below 98% so who knows.

I think Round 3 will be sellouts though regardless of high prices.

IMG_4657.jpeg

Last edited:

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
This was factoring in exchange. You can sit in lower bowl, 10-15 rows up in Dallas for $350 USD plus around $25 USD in fees. Edmonton $808 CAD all in for equivalent tickets. They're like..... 50-60% more expensive.

Sure, you'll pay $750 CAD a pop to sit center ice in Dallas (hardly). Those same Oiler tickets are $1000+.

Edit: Correction, they're $1300 for center ice tickets in Edmonton. $525 USD for Dallas. Absolute lunacy.

Stand by my statement. We have the most expensive playoff tickets by a country mile of any team remaining in the playoffs.

They obviously have enough historical data to know what the market will bear.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
That's my guess, I thought they would already be there as well, but a morning with the families is probably nice.

It's the playoffs.
F the family
F the world

Isolate. Concentrate.

Just kidding!!!!!

We are in win at all costs mode. All championship teams greased their way to a Cup in some form or another. Do anything it takes to win. If Otter is in god mode, run him. If Benn is running around, take his legs out with a low bridge. Heiskanen playing too well against McDrai, cross check to the ribs. Anything it takes.
Get that stick in his eye
Let em know your there
Piss on him in the corner
Old time hockey

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I am so glad there’s a place like this where we have polls that give you the option to choose the other team and discussions where we might express concern the Oilers might lose a series. It’s the only way genetally challenged people like I could get identified by the true fans such as yourself who have reached a rarified air of truly cheering for the team. This will be my path to salvation I’m sure as a fan, thank you for your service.

I have a few questions, which I’m sure will seem basic to you but please, since I’m early in this journey be patient.

1. If the entire oilers team was sick or injured and replaced by an AHL team do I still predict them to win? Is there acceptable scenarios where that is ok? Just a few examples to help guide me.

2. If I do choose them to win do I need to say it’s going to be a sweep to be the true fan? Seems like that would be the ballsier move.

3. If I choose them to win, and I actually root for the team in a way that meets your approval and my balls don’t grow bigger should I do something else? Maybe calling out posters who don’t have a hive mind would help my advancement?

Again, I can’t thank you enough for your service here, it must be a true burden to deal with the bandwagon unbeliever like me. It’s only though journeys like this can I hope to be better,
Bandwagoner .

OK. Took a lot of words to say so.

Might do my part tomorrow and have some A and W.

It’s boring but it’s my life… to help out this team

No need to thank me folks. Just doing what any good person would do
1716426562000.gif

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Building will be sold out. I didn’t see a single vacant seat at the last round. I would be surprised to see a single vacant seat this round.

I stand corrected on the Club seats - they are more in Edmonton as you’ve shown. But I was going off STH prices which are way cheaper for those exact seats than what is listed on TM. I have Loge and I pay way less for mine than that and I have maybe two of the best seats in the building.

Either way we’re a mad hockey market and will pay more because Zadarov said there’s nothing else to do here.

If they are overreaching with price it’ll show with empty seats.

They haven't sold out a single game this entire playoffs. Outside of maybe the Saturday Game 6. Didn't go to it and didn't check.

Every other home game, there are literally hundreds of tickets left right at game time.

If they say they're sold out, they're completely full of shit.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
They haven't sold out a single game this entire playoffs. Outside of maybe the Saturday Game 6. Didn't go to it and didn't check.

Every other home game, there are literally hundreds of tickets left right at game time.

Don't confuse an abundance of seats available on resale sites with unsold tickets.

It’s like saying because I see used cars on CarGurus that people are only walking now.

They’ve all been sold once.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

They are at over 98% capacity. (See one of my above posts). Less than 300 per game unsold on average. Round 2 I saw no empty seats.

Why do you care so much anyway? That’s all you’ve gone on about all f***ing day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad