CFHF Fantasy League Part IX- Offseason Ahoy!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm ecstatic to be able to bring John Gibson into my team. I feel that even if he doesn't outright win the starter role right away, he'll do enough to contribute to my team. No way the Ducks let him grow cobwebs on the bench.

TFG, fire away.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Dammit Anglesmith, I was hoping he would last a little longer. :laugh:

That's what she said!!!

hangin.jpg

I was actually thinking of making him my second or third pick. I was a little hesitant to use my first pick on him cause he's probably not going to be a starter yet.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Sharp-Kopitar-Seguin
Mackinnon-Couturier-Vanek
???-Galchenyuk-???
???-???-???

Doughty-???
???-???
???-???

Bishop
Varlamov

that's a great top 7

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wanted Coots to! Could be this years Johansen.

Man I've never sweated so hard about taking a goalie. I wanted Rinne, then Gibson. I wasn't super high on Pavalec, but he's the surest starter of anyone left on board IMO. Under Maurice, I think the Jets are primed for their best statistical season yet since returning to the NHL and Ondrej will get the starting job at the start of the season. All things considered, I'm happy with my pick.

I messaged DBU.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I wanted Coots to! Could be this years Johansen.

Man I've never sweated so hard about taking a goalie. I wanted Rinne, then Gibson. I wasn't super high on Pavalec, but he's the surest starter of anyone left on board IMO. Under Maurice, I think the Jets are primed for their best statistical season yet since returning to the NHL and Ondrej will get the starting job at the start of the season. All things considered, I'm happy with my pick.

I messaged DBU.

I was really worried Gibson would go before me. I would have taken Gibson even if Rinne was on the board. I've now got two young studs in Bernier and Gibson, and I have Anderson as a stop-gap to make sure I get three games per week. I feel really solid between the pipes.

Now, I need to get my goalies some help at some point. As it stands, the only defencemen on my roster are technically prospects.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I feel like taking Brassard is a bold pick. But I'm confident he'll see increased opportunity with Richards out of the picture in NY.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was really worried Gibson would go before me. I would have taken Gibson even if Rinne was on the board. I've now got two young studs in Bernier and Gibson, and I have Anderson as a stop-gap to make sure I get three games per week. I feel really solid between the pipes.

Now, I need to get my goalies some help at some point. As it stands, the only defencemen on my roster are technically prospects.

I think it was a really solid pick, I really wanted him. But I think Pavalec will provide what I need.

May 27, 2012
Earth
My lineup right now after picking up Rinne.

Steen - Malkin - Patches
Couture - Kesler - ????
??? - ??? - ???
??? -??? - ???

JayBo - Voynov
Carlson - Edler
??? - ???

Rinne
?

Aug 3, 2010
After a disappointing last 1.5 seasons I'm feeling like the Pressbox Millionaires could buy out the opposing teams and find some real success this season.

Carter - Thornton - Hudler
Killorn - Zajac - Nyquist
x - Draisaitl - Kucherov
x - x - x

Suter - Keith
Sekera - x
x - x

Ramo

The draft is far from over but as my current roster stands I feel like there should be some optimism. Well balanced, not going to really expect much from Draisaitl but it could be interesting. Kucherov is pretty much a guaranteed roster spot even though he's still a prospect by definition. Overall the team is not old and is well-rounded. Hopefully I can snag the next two players on my list and then I will feel a whole lot better about my overall position.

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
Sorry for dragging it out if I did last night never thought it would get to my pick the way things where going lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad