GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Watching the NBC feed here, the announcers and Carl Lewis were freaking out ahead of the race about the USAs inability to medal in the event for 20 years. Then that horrible first transfer, even if they would have finished top 3, Probabky would have been DQd as the handoff continued outside the zone. Colossal failure.

Go Canada! :)
Carl Lewis freaking out. Now I have to watch the primetime airing tonight..lol

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Just heard there was a protest against the men's Canadian Relay team. I bet it was the Chinese. It was rejected anyhow. I knew that last handoff and step outside the lane might have been problematic.

I lIooked up the rule and you can be subject to DQ if you step out of the lane and impede the competition. Don't think the Canadian did enough to impede so that's probably why it was rejected.

Reactions: oilers'72

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
What a way to go out for Andre De Grasse, Aaron Brown, Jerome Blake and Brendon Rodney. Legendary.

Bronze in Rio. Silver in Tokyo. Gold in Paris.

This 4x100 team will go down as one of the best to ever do it. Hope our Track program doesn't squander the future after all this success.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
“Breaking” was on during lunch where I was at. No. Just no. Sorry but this is just not an Olympic sport.
It's all about TV ratings. Trying to bring in younger viewers. Breaking apparently tested well at the 2018 Youth Olympics.

That being said, breaking will not be at the 2028 LA Olympics. They are campaigning to be included in 2032 Brisbane Olympics, but the IOC is watching to see how Paris goes.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I mean it's more a sport that horse jumping lol.

Yeah they can get rid of equestrian as well lol

It's all about TV ratings. Trying to bring in younger viewers. Breaking apparently tested well at the 2018 Youth Olympics.

That being said, breaking will not be at the 2028 LA Olympics. They are campaigning to be included in 2032 Brisbane Olympics, but the IOC is watching to see how Paris goes.

For sure it’s about the $ as it always is with the IOC.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Stopped siding out at 16-12. Melissa is having a ton of trouble scoring against Brazil.

Love that Brandie is going to the spin serve now in the 2nd.

Game turned after the challenge. That was a tough one.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
What an absolutely dominating second set by the gals. Great digs by Melissa and Brandie just owned the net.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Still an unreal tournament from Melissa and Brandie with the best ever finish by Canada in beach at the Olympics since it debuted in '96 in Atlanta.

Only Canada's 2nd ever medal in beach and first on the women's side. Canada's only other medal was when Childs and Heese won bronze on the men's side in '96.

Just so tough to beat Brazil. They are like Canada and hockey...they somehow just find a way. And if you've ever played Brazil in volleyball (beach or indoor) they are the worst. So unbelievably skilled and so whiny, demonstrative and chirpy. And their fans are even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad