GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
By my math - looks like the ladies soccer team is going to the knockout stage regardless if they beat Colombia?

Lol watch them win to overcome the adversity, just to have FIFA change their my minds on the punishment once someone realizes the three point team they are playing in the knockout stage is actually an undefeated 3-0 team and complains.

🙄

Reactions: oilers'72

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
She basically told of how all the girls hadn't eat or slept the last 24 hours. Many cried all night.

Truly inspirational.

F Priestman for allowing that to happen.
Honestly it sounds like what canada did is am on going thing around international soccer. And im curious what yiu could or would gain that younwouldnt have im video already

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Just watching women's basketball between Canada and France with France leading 34-18 in. Kia Nurse, Darnell's sister is playing right now, and committed another turnover to the French. I hope she is not following in her brother's footsteps when it comes to mistakes in the Stanley Cup final.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Huge respect for these women facing down stigma and shaming due to incredibly poor judgement of their coaching group. Game is always played on the field and they are showing their grit and character (and skill). Quite a story if they can qualify without coaching. Go Canada Go!

PS Thanks to everyone posting Canadian results. I can't stand the corrupt Olympics organization so tend to avoid the games. That is until some of the amazing stories start to unfold.

Last edited:

OilersaretheMcBest

Jun 3, 2006
Oil Country, AB, Can
By my math - looks like the ladies soccer team is going to the knockout stage regardless if they beat Colombia?

Lol watch them win to overcome the adversity, just to have FIFA change their my minds on the punishment once someone realizes the three point team they are playing in the knockout stage is actually an undefeated 3-0 team and complains.

🙄
Only 2 3rd place teams advance and Brazil and Australia are ahead with 3 points each. Canada gotta beat colombia

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Only 2 3rd place teams advance and Brazil and Australia are ahead with 3 points each. Canada gotta beat colombia

Oh yeah, I phrase it poorly I think - if we win we're in, if we lose we're out. I think there's an outside shot we're in if we tie Columbia assuming NZ beats France with tie breakers - but that's unlikely.

Huge respect for these women facing down stigma and shaming due to incredibly poor judgement of their coaching group. Game is always played on the field and they are showing their grit and character (and skill). Quite a story if they can qualify without coaching. Go Canada Go!

I don't even think they're facing any stigma or shame outside of our own media cannibalizing them for clicks. Put it this way - if you rank the post by engagement - say by using a neutral third party up vote system main soccer subreddit page sorted by top in the last month - the Canadian Drone spying story isn't even in the top 200 posts of the last month.

😂

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I honestly don't know how much I feel for the players at this point. Really sounds like something that has been going on for a long time and something that the players actually knew about and participated in.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Oh yeah, I phrase it poorly I think - if we win we're in, if we lose we're out. I think there's an outside shot we're in if we tie Columbia assuming NZ beats France with tie breakers - but that's unlikely.

I don't even think they're facing any stigma or shame outside of our own media cannibalizing them for clicks. Put it this way - if you rank the post by engagement - say by using a neutral third party up vote system main soccer subreddit page sorted by top in the last month - the Canadian Drone spying story isn't even in the top 200 posts of the last month.

😂

I think it's beyond Canadian media. My reference point was ESPN doing a story on it along with other reportage suggesting a system issue. End result the players as defending Olympic Champions pay the consequences both in terms of penalty and crossfire reputationally.

Gopper

Sep 5, 2005
I honestly don't know how much I feel for the players at this point. Really sounds like something that has been going on for a long time and something that the players actually knew about and participated in.
They have no say in the conduct of the coaching staff. Westheads reporting was on the mens team, not the women. Also, it's quite a common thing and not really that big deal. It's funny to read articles about how us soccer knew Canada was spying but they themselves were doing it in Qatar. Our stupid staff was just dumb enough to fly their drone in an illegal air space.

It's a real nonstory that has been blown out of proportion here. The staff should and will be fired and Canada Soccer gets further exposed as the incompetent bunch they are.

None of this is on the players and even they will tell you, spying on a practice doesn't give you an advantage on the pitch. It's just a bunch of insecure coaches trying to maximize their "edge."

Reactions: rboomercat90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad