OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
aren't these b boys basically gymnasts?
No necessary, it's more of a self-made profession. Dance school can have breakdance classes, but it's not quite the same thing as the street version.

Saying that, some of them might have started as gymnasts, it's pretty common among athletes.

Reactions: themilosh

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Would be interested to see some ratings on the B-Boy. That was fun. Phil looked a level above the rest.

Reactions: Habs Icing

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
You can say that about a lot of these sports. Are archery and shooting really athletics? Breaking is more of an athletic competition than those two.
Archery has been an Olympic sport since pretty much the very beginning. Was also part of ancient Greek games 600BC?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Funnily, my name is an ode to bboy PhysicX, who amazed me growing up with his powermoves and battles with, namely Hong10. To this day, I believe he's got the sickest signature move out of every bboy, but my opinion is biased. Injuries and age caught up with him, and he only seldom appears at bboy events or judges.

Watched it all, not sure it has a place in the Olympics, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I like sports without judges myself at the olympics (gymnastics to syncho swims to now break dancing for example are not it) but there are so many now. Great athetes, fun to watch for sure.

Hated Curry disrespecting the french crowd there at basketball but I don’t expect more from pro nba player so…

Reactions: Andrei79

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
You can say that about a lot of these sports. Are archery and shooting really athletics? Breaking is more of an athletic competition than those two.
totally agree.. I think they will have to create some more clearer "metrics" for the unknowledgeable viewer to understand how the point system works, so we can follow along more closely.. In many ways (however) I've never been a fan of any sport that requires Judges - similar to the Martial Arts or even boxing. The artistic merit is a lot of fun to watch though.

This is me getting into bed when I was 8 years old.

that guy was about to do an old school scissor kick.. :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
totally agree.. I think they will have to create some more clearer "metrics" for the unknowledgeable viewer to understand how the point system works, so we can follow along more closely.. In many ways (however) I've never been a fan of any sport that requires Judges - similar to the Martial Arts or even boxing. The artistic merit is a lot of fun to watch though.

that guy was about to do an old school scissor kick.. :laugh:
I think the only sports with Judges that i like is diving.

That's the only one where i can consistently make the difference between a good performance and a bad one without knowing the sports.

Diving is like :

Me :
that was awful
Judges : 6
Me : wow
Judges ; 9

Other judged sports are like

Me :
that was awful
Judges : 10
Me : wow
Judges : 6

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
That was a class performance by Phil Wizard.

It's always a treat to witness athletes who dominate their sport to the point where it just looks like a game to them, full on display of creativity...sports meets art. Beautiful.
I wasn't sure what to expect but I loved it. These dudes are beasts.

Also, Portugal got an unexpected gold at the Madison. The two cyclists were in disbelief! Viva Portugal!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Funnily, my name is an ode to bboy PhysicX, who amazed me growing up with his powermoves and battles with, namely Hong10. To this day, I believe he's got the sickest signature move out of every bboy, but my opinion is biased. Injuries and age caught up with him, and he only seldom appears at bboy events or judges.

Watched it all, not sure it has a place in the Olympics, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
I really thought HIro10 from Japan would take the whole thing. He got CONCACAF'd by the judges against the US guy. He pulled some unbelievable shit.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Phil Wizard was incredible. Smoked everyone and rightfully so.

Strizzy and Switch B were a lot of fun on commentary. Super cool event
I laughed when it was announced it was being included at the Olympics. It was fun to watch though. I liked the big boom box they had on stage. I think it would have been cool if they made the platform look like cardboard.

We need Olympics for ordinary people.

You get drafted randomly by your country for a random sport/category. You then have 1 month to train.

I certainly wouldn't be able to do better than that guy. I would miss the bed.

Throwing random objects at my TV, while I'm watching the Habs. I'd definitely medal in that. :D

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I laughed when it was announced it was being included at the Olympics. It was fun to watch though. I liked the big boom box they had on stage. I think it would have been cool if they made the platform look like cardboard.

Throwing random objects at my TV, while I'm watching the Habs. I'd definitely medal in that. :D
I don't know about that. The Habs have one of the largest fan bases and we've had decades of practice throwing objects at the TV set. My guess is the competition is going to be something fierce. Pick something with fewer competitors.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad