OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I did say Alysha Newman had a chance at a medal if she did her best. She did (a bit better then) her best and got bronze!

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
good point thanks for correction
Thank you.

People also need to remember that there are some ladies who read and post here. Let's not make this an unfriendly place for them. I recognize that's not what people were trying to do but be cognizant of others who are here. Is it something you'd want your daughter to read? If not, then probably not a good idea to post it.

This isn't meant as a lecture or rant, just a reminder that it's not just guys who visit here. Let's be respectful.

Cheers.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Incredible performance by Newman, she was close to make it to 4,90m.
Her 1st try almost did it, she's wants more now that she knows that too. If you can do 4.90/4.95m reliably, you can get silver/gold in most competitions.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Lol... wall climbing thing is fascinating.
The wall configuration is always the same in every competitions which I think remove the point. They are just trying to find the fastest squirrel at repeating the exact same climbing configuration.

Reactions: Oryxo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Good Silver for Charron. Chinese Woman was unbeatable.
Luo (the Chinese) is the world record owner of the combined weight at 248kg which she set last April.

Kuo, the Taiwanese who finished 3rd, was the gold medalist in the 59kg category in Tokyo and she lead that weight class for like 10 years.

Maude did very well, especially after having to drop weight class (her usual 64kg isn't at the Paris Olympics).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Canada is doing very good at this Olympic but the biggest surprise for me is Australia. They have less population than Canada and more than double our medal count and 18 gold medals. Wow.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Canada is doing very good at this Olympic but the biggest surprise for me is Australia. They have less population than Canada and more than double our medal count and 18 gold medals. Wow.
Australia has always been strong in swimming, boats and track and fields. Also, it appears they have the top skateboarders...

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad