OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Pretty historic medal for Deguchi. 1st gold medal ever in Judo for Canada at the Olympics. Pretty tense golden score

A bit sad for Jessica Kilmkait who was also was in the >57 and who could have gotten a medal too. Still, she lost her place to the gold medalist!

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I watched 3 woman judo fights. All ended on penalties. No judo move completed. Yawn. Respect to the athletes but it's pretty boring.
I don't understand why Judo is an olympic sport and jiu jitsu isn't.

Canada is getting their asses handed to them by France in ladies basketball. Is Kia Nurse Darnell's sister?

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I don't understand why Judo is an olympic sport and jiu jitsu isn't.

Canada is getting their asses handed to them by France in ladies basketball. Is Kia Nurse Darnell's sister?

Judo has uniform rules and is governed by the IJF. It's basically the same sport at a given time no matter where it is played. Jiu Jitsu, on the other hand, has several declinations such as BJJ that makes it harder for the games to harmonize. This is a huge problem for the Olympics regarding qualifications

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I don’t get the drone thing. I mean how do you train at soccer or american football (or any sport played in a stadium or arena) and hope not a single person in the stadium is looking? It’s not like stealing the next pitch or play? Heck even that who cares you still have to hit the ball or throw on time to 2nd base… Good for you for outsmarting them; just play.

I always felt it was pretend fair play, one eyed closed “nah, I ain’t looking!’.

Like “whhhat? you mean they’ll pass the ball and kick it? omg we’ve been doing it all wrong!”… weird.
Lineup, set plays, preferred approaches, etc

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I watched 3 woman judo fights. All ended on penalties. No judo move completed. Yawn. Respect to the athletes but it's pretty boring.
Judo is pretty boring. Until you have someone half your size, tossing you around like a ragdoll.

Congrats to Deguchi!

DOMINATION!

Damn, that was Micheal Phelps domination. lol

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
France vs Germany women’s beach volleyball has been fun. The French are smoking the Germans on a tactical level.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Lineup, set plays, preferred approaches, etc
I get that but it seems like wishful thinking no-one is watching like pro teams are in a vacuum. Make it part of the strategy to be able and change it up/adapt/improvise. Make stealing strategies part of the steategy.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I do get it. I profoundly disagree and think you have no understanding of race relations in France. You're equating folks who may decide not to punch down with being a sacred cow. I find that dumb. There is nothing about Muslims in France - whether economically, politically or culturally that would dictate them being sacred cows.

f7f39d82-6642-4156-95fa-5f7a85d6b80a-36590-000019f5e94e5782.jpg

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
What a morning!!

Canadian men beat Australia in Basketball

Canadian women's Rugby team with another MASSIVE upset, this time over Australia in the semi finals. They will be fighting for a gold medal against New Zealand....Insane!!
Everytime we crush Australia women in anything I am extra happy .
What a comeback , after being down 12-0 so early

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
:oops:Canada holding their own so far in this sevens match (against NZ)

I played it for a year in HS. Some of the most fun I ever had playing sports, but we and all the teams in our area were super unrefined. The tournaments were bloodbaths and definitely sowed seeds of CTE in some of the boys

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So they are cancelling or at least delaying triathlon because of all the shit that float in Seine. Like that wasn’t known before?

Valiant effort from our women in Rugby. A 19-12 loss against a very tough NZ team. Very proud of them and the silver medal.
NZ has a lot of truculence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad