OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm neither Christian nor religious.

I found the clips of the opening ceremony that I saw to be distasteful, as well as artistically weak and lazy. There is no great skill in cheap mockery and snark and flashing dicks which is what much of these ceremonies engaged in.

Please don't bring that sigma incel shit on HF.
Just because someone disagrees with you on something doesn't make them an incel.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The weather sucks for outdoor athletes now. Can see those on bikes being careful on the turns. When’s ladies beach volleyball?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Using buzzwords like "satanic", "globohomo" points to the contrary.
I’m married and have kids but ok

Mocking Christ in front of the whole world is Satanic full stop

Should we talk about the lone rider on a pale horse as well?

Sorry for derailing this entire thread with my initial comment btw

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
What does mockery of religion and shoving peoples' sexual identities and kinks in your face have to do with sport?
Organized religions deserve to be mocked.
Shoving people sexualities in your face? When you see bikini wearing-babes in the arms of men in WWE shows, or in movies, wherever, do you find that heterosexuality is shoved in your face? Or does it only go one way for you?

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I’m married and have kids but ok

Mocking Christ in front of the whole world is Satanic full stop

Should we talk about the lone rider on a pale horse as well?

Sorry for derailing this entire thread with my initial comment btw
Shocking that one of the first nations in world history to kick out the nobility and clergy from power after centuries of oppression and then instituted secularism would "mock" those two things.. I just can't believe it!!

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I stopped watching the Olympics years ago when they decided that pro athletes could compete. It was never suppose to be this way.
There is an argument to be made that technically they are all pros and that the best should compete at the okhmpics. But then there is an argument that some sports are better sponsored than others and it gives certain athletes advantage over those that are truly amateur.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I stopped watching the Olympics years ago when they decided that pro athletes could compete. It was never suppose to be this way.
It’s weird that for some reason you never see pro boxers in the Olympics

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm still advocating for the U20 tournament in hockey.
With the WJHC being played in the summer once every four years.

I also dislike children participating. We've heard enough horror stories over the years about training abuses.

Reactions: Tyson

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
After watching a recent documentary on Celine. I was afraid to see her up there. But WOW, she definitely turned back time on her voice. It takes a lot to blow me away. She did it, so proud of her.

She was really emotional about it, too. You could tell. Her first performance in 4 years, I believe.

It's good to see her out & about again.

Loved seeing her at the draft. Now this. She seems to be doing better after a really horrific diagnosis.

I'm proud of her, too.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
She was really emotional about it, too. You could tell. Her first performance in 4 years, I believe.

It's good to see her out & about again.

Loved seeing her at the draft. Now this. She seems to be doing better after a really horrific diagnosis.

I'm proud of her, too.
Maybe next step would be the second line C for the Habs for her? Agreed though - good to see her recover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad