OT: Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Damn Steeplechase looks like segregation lol

The group of white runners are all in the back, while the group of non-white runners are all out in the front.

*edit* Man the winner (Yavi from Bahrain) is probably the only one who finished the race and didn't look like they needed oxygen and an IV.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sombastate

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
The steeplechase is kind of funny, it's 3000m of running with a few random horse jumps in there lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Damn Steeplechase looks like segregation lol

The group of white runners are all in the back, while the group of non-white runners are all out in the front.

*edit* Man the winner (Yavi from Bahrain) is probably the only one who finished the race and didn't look like they needed oxygen and an IV.
I tell ya, the last thing I want to do on a hard run is also jump over shit. :laugh:

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Man, Steeplechase is the most unintentionally funny Olympic sport 😆😆😆

I had a great time watching that.

“You know what we should do? Put an inexplicable water jump in a track & field race!”

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
US women with Dygert and Faulkner beat the reigning world champion Brits in the 4000m team pursuit to advance to the gold medal race.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Crazy finish in this handball game against France and Germany. France was up 1 with six second lefts and the ball. Germany forces a turn over and gets a buzzer beater to force OT

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Gabby Thomas is a f***ing goddess. I bow to her.

I cannot believe that nonsense exists lol

It’s my new favorite sport.

“If horse jumps and water jumps are fun for horses, they’ve gotta be fun for humans too.”
- the drunk men who decided to create this hilarious sport

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
You wanna talk about winning all your character rolls.

Fastest sprinter at her distance in the world.
Extremely smart with a Neurobiology degree from Harvard and a Masters in Epidemiology from Texas
Also very attractive.

Like damn.
And she's one of those "do-gooders", volunteers at a health care clinic.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Man, Steeplechase is the most unintentionally funny Olympic sport 😆😆😆

I had a great time watching that.

“You know what we should do? Put an inexplicable water jump in a track & field race!”

I watched the final two laps of one of the heats to figure out where the water actually is on the track. I thought it was just like on the inside lanes and they put a cover over it for the regular races. It was on the final lap that I realized they actually cut off part of the turn to move off the normal track to get to the water.

Dumb.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I mean she's more than a volunteer. She said she wants to open her own clinic so she's probably logging "intern" hours. Pretty typical in the healthcare realm
Her mother wants her to get her PhD once she's finished with this sports nonsense. (actually her mom was one of the first people to encourage her to run)

Reactions: DancingPanther

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
These volleyball matches are exhausting to watch, in a good way. USA just won the 2nd set against Poland so now it's 1-1.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
US Figure Skating team just received their gold medals from the 2022 winter games. Guess some skaters from Russia got caught doping, or I am assuming they did, and they moved down to third, bumping the US to gold and Japan to silver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad