OT: Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I watched a field hockey penalty shootout and my god it was ugly. The sticks they use aren't shaped properly for the kind of close control that would look cool.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I watched a field hockey penalty shootout and my god it was ugly. The sticks they use aren't shaped properly for the kind of close control that would look cool.
They actually go in and deke? I assume it would have been something like soccer and they just shoot from a spot.

Then immediately kisses his smokeshow Swedish girlfriend. What a legend.
I'm pretty sure he jammed his tongue halfway down her body, but good on him lol

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
US trying to pull off the upset in men's volleyball. Blew that second set, but rebounded with a big third set win.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Olympics are fantastic because whenever I watch something like baseball, tennis, or golf I think to myself "If I really committed to this when I was younger, I bet I could do this."

99% of Olympics sports I'm certain I couldn't do it with 14 lives worth of training

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So glad Jack Robinson did not win Olympic surfing gold.

Kind of fluked through 2 rounds vs Florence and Medina with shitty early scores and then the ocean just went flat both times and everything closed out so Florence and Medina (2 of the most aesthetically pleasing surfers on earth) did not even get a 2nd wave really.

Also, god is Robinson annoying. Medina almost slapped him round the head yesterday. Always getting in peoples personal space even once priority is decided, putting guys off going for waves by getting in their way on purpose. Like, yeh, it is part of surfing contests but he just does it to an extent none of the other top guys do. Tries to paddle "Over" guys at times too for no real reason.

Ex child prodigy whose Dad homeschooled him, basically made surfing his life from age 3 to live vicariously through him, and then caused him problems by being a prick around industry people and following him everywhere into his 20s... not his fault but you can see the effect of it.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
Olympics are fantastic because whenever I watch something like baseball, tennis, or golf I think to myself "If I really committed to this when I was younger, I bet I could do this."

99% of Olympics sports I'm certain I couldn't do it with 14 lives worth of training
side note: I just realized a few days ago baseball isnt in the Olympics anymore. I felt silly trying to find the schedule.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Aussies are destroying Jokic and Serbia.

*edit*
and now they've turned a 24 point lead into a 1 point lead as they forgot how to shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curufinwe

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

My wife and I agree that we could also do these sports. The equipment does all the work! The real medals should go to the springboard, the horse, the rifle, etc.

No shit I could go really high and do a bunch of dope flips and twists with a springboard. EASY.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
My wife and I agree that we could also do these sports. The equipment does all the work! The real medals should go to the springboard, the horse, the rifle, etc.

No shit I could go really high and do a bunch of dope flips and twists with a springboard. EASY.
if I ever did anything with the springboard I'd leave my asshole somewhere in the rafters while I viciously crashed down to earth, destroying every bone in my lower body and somehow fusing my ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL together into a glob of redundant protoplasm

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad