Value of: Parayko to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Wash/Rinse repeat.

At this time, the Blues are in a retool, not a complete tear down and rebill. He is our best Dman - so we have ZERO interest in trading him.

If we were going scorched earth rebuild, then it becomes a discussion, but at this point, there isn't an offer that makes sense for both teams.

End discussion and close thread.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Join date checks out

Replace Bouchard with Ceci and add 50% retention on Parayko if we're going to play this stupid game
Its not a stupid game oilers dont have the assets to get parayko. He gets 24 toi as our #1 rhd but yeah a bag of pucks works lol

7 years of retention, wtf are you smoking?
They want a # 1 big rhd who skates with the best has 7 years left and handles 24+toi against teams best mostly even strength for sheet and a bag of pucks. Lol

Niemela will be better than Parayko. He might even be better right now.
Are you serious lol what a freaking joke. Lol is neimela in the first line ....nope

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Bouchard 1st 2024 1st 2025

For

Parayko

Absolutely f**king not.

Look, Parayko should've been drafted by Edmonton, I think we all realize that now. However, the Oilers missed that particular boat. I don't know how they let a local kid drop to the 3rd round and go to another team. They should've known what he was capable of. He played in their backyard ffs.

But.
Parayko is currently 30 years old, and his contract for $6.5 Million goes until 2030. That is just too much money tied up for a guy who won't be worth it. The Oilers already have a loooong expensive contract with Nurse. They can't tie $17 Million up in two guys for six years.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Absolutely f**king not.

Look, Parayko should've been drafted by Edmonton, I think we all realize that now. However, the Oilers missed that particular boat. I don't know how they let a local kid drop to the 3rd round and go to another team. They should've known what he was capable of. He played in their backyard ffs.

But.
Parayko is currently 30 years old, and his contract for $6.5 Million goes until 2030. That is just too much money tied up for a guy who won't be worth it. The Oilers already have a loooong expensive contract with Nurse. They can't tie $17 Million up in two guys for six years.
Your hugely bad contract with nurse isnt pur problem. You have no idea what parayko will be like down the road. 6.5 is exactly what he is worth. Dont want to pay them walk away

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Just close the thread should of would of could of. Lol blues insiders stated that he wasnt for say. He is core blues player and thier best defenseman. It would take insane over payment.

100% I wouldn't want the Oilers to take on that Parayko contract. Asking for Bouchard is asinine.
Why 6.5 for parayko when nurse makes 10 lol

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I don't think you see me defending the Nurse contract.
Parayko at 6.5 for next 7 years is amazing. In another year its a steal. He is oyr best defender by far handles 24+ mins a night. Can skate with anyone. Why would we trade him for penuts. Edm just doesnt have the assets to get parayko. Also if he wasnt good why would everyone want him.

Would he be your # 1rhd..... lol hf boards are a joke

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Read first reply. There’s a very small chance this doesn’t get toxic like the other 500 of them.
Its funny all the other teams that have asked about him have been civil. Edm and leafs fans feel like its our duty to give them our best dman for penuts and like it. Also they tend to degrade him first then say tale what we offer.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
The only way a Parayko to Oilers trade realistically happens is IF he asks for a trade and specifically asks to be traded to the Oilers. Then the cap gymnastics have to start for the Oilers.

Its funny all the other teams that have asked about him have been civil. Edm and leafs fans feel like its our duty to give them our best dman for penuts and like it. Also they tend to degrade him first then say tale what we offer.

Outside of one Oiler fan who countered a very ridiculous trade offer, there aren't any Oiler fans in here that put a single offer for Parayko. So not sure where your take is from...maybe other threads.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Curious what it would realistically take to get him on the Oilers from a Blues perspective.

Oilers would need salary going the other way like Ceci. I think Oilers would be open to multiple firsts and prospects of your choosing.
Parayko for Ceci + Holloway + 2024 1st + Broberg + Cap dump with expiring deal (Janmark)?

Last edited:

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I don't think Parayko is a good target for the Oilers.

Not because of his talent. He's a big, steady, defensive minded guy who eats minutes successfully against other teams top players. But the contract is what kills this.

6.5 for another 6 years for a guy who while is still excellent, has seen a ton a heavy mileage and had some crappy back issues to boot. Not saying the wheels will fall off overnight, or even at all, but it's just a long term risk that could seriously hurt their cap flexibility with a ton of important contracts coming up. Plus if him and Ekholm both hit a decline, that's massive money tied up in heavily worn albeit solid defenders approaching the tail end.

Heavy gamble for Edmonton and the cost would be huge to acquire him. They aren't retaining.

Parayko for Ceci + Holloway + 2024 1st + Broberg?
Doesn't work at all with the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad