OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions 2023 Thread

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Easily the worst game of the season--home or away. Maybe the 25-0 debacle in Winnipeg is only other game in that conversation. Offensive line was eaten alive; and the turnovers are becoming a huge problem, as is the overall team tackling.

It's hard to how this team comes out of the West this season........looking like they'll be spectators in November for the Grey Cup game at B.C. Place.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Coach is more conservative than Wally buono. If you run the ball on 1st and goal from the 6 you better be playing like 3 down territory. Settling for fgs is just another recipe for a loss to bombers in playoffs. Got to go for the throat and put teams away. Show some damn balls.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lions won this game with basically no help from the offense. I don't know what it is, but under VA they were 5-1 at one point. But they made the switch to Rourke halfway through the season, and the offense has stagnated ever since.

Unless they can find another gear down the stretch, they'll be watching the Grey Cup from the stands at B.C. Place.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Regardless of where the Lions season goes from here--at this point in time it's been a disappointing year, and even more disappointing has been their head coach. Just not a great season for Rick Campbell.

Starting with the decision to sideline Adams and bring in Rourke, and then anoint him the starter. The guy hadn't thrown a pass in earnest for almost a season and half. And for whatever reason, the team just looks dispirited and flat.

But I guess the die is cast. They signed Rourke for three years.....and they can't afford to carry an expensive backup like VA. Looks to me like the team is probably divided on the decision.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty well lost any interest in watching this team. One more meaningless regular season game and then another likely playoff beatdown in Regina, and the season is mercifully over.

At which point everything needs to be on the table---led by the entire coaching staff. Simply nowhere near good enough.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Rourke looks like shit. People need to stop making excuses because he's been garbage since he came back. It was worth the gamble but he's clearly lost the magic he had a few years ago. Just a turnover machine that shanks throws into the ground.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
But I guess the die is cast. They signed Rourke for three years.....and they can't afford to carry an expensive backup like VA. Looks to me like the team is probably divided on the decision.
You have to think that a number of players would see VA as having been done dirty when he was having a good season and immediately gets shelved the second Rourke shakes loose. I wonder if it didn't sit well with a lot of them.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You have to think that a number of players would see VA as having been done dirty when he was having a good season and immediately gets shelved the second Rourke shakes loose. I wonder if it didn't sit well with a lot of them.
I'm beginning to wonder if the owner had something to do with mid-season switch from Adams to Rourke. VA was beloved by his teammates, and the decision to bench him couldn't have been a popular one.

Rourke is now 3-5 as a starter. You could argue that right now even the Elks are a better team than the Liions in the West. They'd probably have finished third if they hadn't had such a rough start.

I guess Doman is a pretty benevolent owner. But if this season ends the way it looks like it probably will, then he needs bring the hammer down.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Aside from Rourke's disappointing return at QB, I wonder if the contract he was gifted might have felt like a slap in the face for the players that have been carrying the load here while Roarke was trying out for the NFL. I was really happy when he came back, but reality has set in.

I hope the guys can pull it together, but they seem dispirited.

Reactions: trellaine201

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Nobody should lose their starting job, just because of injury. Once they're healthy, they should be back in the starting lineup.

So I get Rourke filling in for Vernon Adams when he was hurt. But if's he's fully healthy, then there's no way he should still be on the bench. And the players know it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad