OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions 2023 Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Coaching is just trash. Ottawa is cheating so hard underneath and yet we don't challenge them deep. Ottawa has been susceptible to deep plays all year but the lions haven't tried any pump n go or deep crossers. Everything is 15 yards or less and Ottawa is prepared for it.

Can nobody tackle? What a terrible defense. If you're going to play soft ass defense you better wrap guys up.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lions shaping up as one of the most disappointing teams in the CFL this season. A lot more was expected.

But the O-line continues to be a problem; and in the secondary, they're getting torched week after week. And then there's the question of Rourke. It's becoming more and more obvious he made a huge mistake taking on the NFL after only half decent season in the CFL. The last 18 months of handling a clipboard instead of throwing passes has taken its toll.

You can see flashes of the talent he had two years ago, but he's being hurt by indecision and just a lack of playing time. Wouldn't surprise me if they go back to VA sooner, rather than later.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
1985 Grey Cup

109973-7572784Fr.png
11655cb12cc5b64b8b93aca2fa41838e.png
ca06e7383695374ee65182aba52fb710.png
s-l1600.png
Glen-Jackson (1).png
$_57.png
s-l1200.png
e9ac257cbdcd46189a55f7246a3f84aa_front.png
wilson_al.png
matthews-don-140617.png

Fernandez was injured for this game.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Lions Orange IMO was perfect in the 80's. Never seem to get back to that exact color after they went to the Black, Silver, Orange. Orange was darker back then from what I can recall.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Nice to see Betts' is back. Hopefully he continues where he left off and puts himself in a good position to pursue his NFL dreams again this off-season...after the Leo's win the cup.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Looking at that Leos glory lineup with their 80's mullets certainly creates a flood of memories. It's also sad to contemplate how many of those guys are no longer with us.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Rourke got his rythm back and the receivers are doing their jobs. 24-3.

Chairman, are you having "technical difficulties" with the TSN broadcast like me? Choppy feed? It's annoying.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
The feed was very choppy in final 8 mins of second quarter.

Great game! Rourke seems to be back. Betts looked right at home. Beat the 2nd best team in the league by four scores, and in front a packed and enthusiastic home crowd on the island.

Hoping they can build on this momentum now. They have first in the division for the night until tomorrow’s Banjo Bowl (barring a tie). They have two games of their last six against the league leading Als, but four of the six are at home.

I think you have to hope for a Riders victory tomorrow because it puts us in control of our own destiny.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's a pipe-dream obviously, but if they had CFL stadiums in Victoria and Halifax, are there another fans in those markets to actually support CFL football?

The Stig

Rest In Peace Johnny Gaudreau
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
It's a pipe-dream obviously, but if they had CFL stadiums in Victoria and Halifax, are there another fans in those markets to actually support CFL football?

I don't know about that. Halifax probably could because it's far enough from any other team and can draw from other maritime cities. Victoria is too small and too close tp Vancouver.

On another note, if the CFL was smart, they would have a few "Touchdown" games a year. Essentially go to every city that's a "secondary market" for an existing team. Victoria (or possibly Kelowna), Saskatoon, Halifax. Don't do them all on Labour Day.

Reactions: Lindgren and Peen

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I don't know about that. Halifax probably could because it's far enough from any other team and can draw from other maritime cities. Victoria is too small and too close tp Vancouver.
Greater Victoria is actually not that far off the population of the Halifax Regional Municipality and is already bigger than Regina. I think the main difference is the population makeup - Victoria having a lot of retirees, hippies, etc., in addition to lacking the regional hub status that Halifax has, as you note. Based on my very scientific study of a few days spent in Halifax last summer, it punches above its weight in terms of nightlife/events in part for that reason -- it feels bigger than it is.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Greater Victoria is actually not that far off the population of the Halifax Regional Municipality and is already bigger than Regina. I think the main difference is the population makeup - Victoria having a lot of retirees, hippies, etc., in addition to lacking the regional hub status that Halifax has, as you note. Based on my very scientific study of a few days spent in Halifax last summer, it punches above its weight in terms of nightlife/events in part for that reason -- it feels bigger than it is.
Although Victoria is 'close' in terms of actual distance from Vancouver (about 50 kilometers), it's a long way in terms of time via a car and a one and a half hour sailing time on B.C Ferries. Probably not that much further in terms of time between TO and Hamilton; or Ottawa and Montreal.

And a team on the South Island could actually draw fans from all over Vancouver Island. The Island Highway and the road-systems make Victoria within easy reach of places like Nanaimo and Parksville, which are growing rapidly.

But it would take an owner with deep pockets to actually build a stadium and apply for a CFL franchise--so not likely to ever happen.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Although Victoria is 'close' in terms of actual distance from Vancouver (about 50 kilometers), it's a long way in terms of time via a car and a one and a half hour sailing time on B.C Ferries. Probably not that much further in terms of time between TO and Hamilton; or Ottawa and Montreal.

And a team on the South Island could actually draw fans from all over Vancouver Island. The Island Highway and the road-systems make Victoria within easy reach of places like Nanaimo and Parksville, which are growing rapidly.

But it would take an owner with deep pockets to actually build a stadium and apply for a CFL franchise--so not likely to ever happen.
Agreed – both TOR-HAM and MTL-OTT are considerably faster (and cheaper) trips than Vancouver-Victoria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad