Post-Game Talk: Panthers powerplay in midseason form, Bruins in postseason form. 6-4 Cats W

Excitement level going into this season?

• YES HOCKEY'S BACK

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • I have ascended and life is complete

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Outside of the tornadoes, this storm has thankfully been pretty much all hype.

They like to do this every now and then, ramp up panic for a storm like it's gonna be the big one, and then it's not the big one.

Tornadoes really suck. The thing with hurricanes is that they're really not a big deal for most places that aren't directly on the coast if you're built to a good standard and not using timber frame construction. I'll take 'em over earthquakes, no problem.
If it stayed a 5.. maybe it would have been even worse.. i mean i remember andrew and hugo being big deals...

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Outside of the tornadoes, this storm has thankfully been pretty much all hype.

They like to do this every now and then, ramp up panic for a storm like it's gonna be the big one, and then it's not the big one.

Tornadoes really suck. The thing with hurricanes is that they're really not a big deal for most places that aren't directly on the coast if you're built to a good standard and not using timber frame construction. I'll take 'em over earthquakes, no problem.

It’s flooding pretty bad in a lot of places still. Tropicana park lost some if its roof

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If it stayed a 5.. maybe it would have been even worse.. i mean i remember andrew and hugo being big deals...

In all truth, Andrew was a tragedy of relaxed building codes and scumbag developers trying to make a buck more than anything else.

They let them build timber frame toothpick boxes in Cutler Ridge, and the result was disastrous there. Homes built properly -- to a good code -- survived Andrew battered, but intact. Developers fled in the night and county officials spent decades blaming anything but the relaxed code. Some future generation will soon re-learn this lessos with a great deal of pain, as we're already back to relaxing standards to allow home builders to make shoddier and shoddier garbage.

It’s flooding pretty bad in a lot of places still. Tropicana park lost some if its roof

Yeah, but from talking to my bud in Sarasota tonight (still has power), we're very fortunate. This could have been so much worse.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I wonder how I’d be received on the Bruins board if I went over there posting about Marchand and McAvoy , but acted like Chucky and Benny were choir boys? I am fine with fans of other teams coming here but when you have Marchand on your team and act like Tkachuck is somehow a worse rat…..

I have no desire to go to other teams' boards and interact with the fans over there because there's absolutely nothing to be gained. The Broons board is completely delusional about Chucky and Bennett when Marchand has been trying end players' careers with slewfoots and submarining and the Broons fans just brush that off as good ol' Broons hockey.

The problem is the mains gdt's where the mods treat certain fanbases with silk gloves and others are given no leeway whatsoever. During the finals I got warnings because of trolling and offensive content because I was asking what was McDrai's problem because their effort (or rather lack thereof) amounted to jackshit in the first two, three games. That's a valid question in itself but the problem arises if it's being asked by the wrong keyboard warrior. If it's a Soilers fan asking then that's cool, he's raising a sincere issue about the Oilers. But dammit if it's a Cats fan asking that then straight to jail. Moreover, they allow all kinds of blatant Oilers spam bs be posted there.

Reactions: Idiot Stick and KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I have no desire to go to other teams' boards and interact with the fans over there because there's absolutely nothing to be gained. The Broons board is completely delusional about Chucky and Bennett when Marchand has been trying end players' careers with slewfoots and submarining and the Broons fans just brush that off as good ol' Broons hockey.

The problem is the mains gdt's where the mods treat certain fanbases with silk gloves and others are given no leeway whatsoever. During the finals I got warnings because of trolling and offensive content because I was asking what was McDrai's problem because their effort (or rather lack thereof) amounted to jackshit in the first two, three games. That's a valid question in itself but the problem arises if it's being asked by the wrong keyboard warrior. If it's a Soilers fan asking then that's cool, he's raising a sincere issue about the Oilers. But dammit if it's a Cats fan asking that then straight to jail. Moreover, they allow all kinds of blatant Oilers spam bs be posted there.
This illustrates why I’m looking forward to MickeyD signing for $17M x 8 and then we can enjoy the whining from Edmonton fans and ESPN, how can the hockey world not reward the world’s best individual player with the most coveted team award? (Totally missing the point on the point.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad