Well, since they light up...

Waiver Draft

Jun 27, 2024
Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ben Meyers waived by the Kraken. I remember when we were so PO'ed that he signed with the Avs rather than us.

Reactions: Minnesota

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
So there's a guy named Ivan Ivan playing for the Avalanche.

How practical that must be. No more "His name was Steve, but I don't remember his last name..."
Yes you do. It's Steve Steve.
Or Leonard Leonard. Or Christian Christian. Or Bo Bo.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
So there's a guy named Ivan Ivan playing for the Avalanche.

How practical that must be. No more "His name was Steve, but I don't remember his last name..."
Yes you do. It's Steve Steve.
Or Leonard Leonard. Or Christian Christian. Or Bo Bo.
It's a bit of a shame that he doesn't play for the Rangers in New York, New York.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
-Hey Ivan, can I please have your autograph?
-You should adress me with my last name, it's Mr Ivan to you.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
so now they are going back to in-person? Which... it didn't make sense to stop in the first place so I guess this is better?

what a confusing league... players too injured to count against the cap get to play in the playoffs, sometimes a dirty play is a fine and sometimes it's fine, hockey in the desert cannot work which is why we're looking to expand back as soon as we can ... and on and on....

Reactions: Sad People

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
so now they are going back to in-person? Which... it didn't make sense to stop in the first place so I guess this is better?

what a confusing league... players too injured to count against the cap get to play in the playoffs, sometimes a dirty play is a fine and sometimes it's fine, hockey in the desert cannot work which is why we're looking to expand back as soon as we can ... and on and on....

I think the plan always was for them to have an in-person part where the prospects are there, while the team personnel like GMs and scouts attend remotely.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

No they are not going back to an in person draft. Just because they have a draft host, doesn't mean each team will be there in person. They're going to be like the NFL, teams are each in their war room at home, players go up on stage at the draft location.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad