Post-Game Talk: Panthers powerplay in midseason form, Bruins in postseason form. 6-4 Cats W

Excitement level going into this season?

• YES HOCKEY'S BACK

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • I have ascended and life is complete

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Outside of the tornadoes, this storm has thankfully been pretty much all hype.

They like to do this every now and then, ramp up panic for a storm like it's gonna be the big one, and then it's not the big one.

Tornadoes really suck. The thing with hurricanes is that they're really not a big deal for most places that aren't directly on the coast if you're built to a good standard and not using timber frame construction. I'll take 'em over earthquakes, no problem.
If it stayed a 5.. maybe it would have been even worse.. i mean i remember andrew and hugo being big deals...

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Outside of the tornadoes, this storm has thankfully been pretty much all hype.

They like to do this every now and then, ramp up panic for a storm like it's gonna be the big one, and then it's not the big one.

Tornadoes really suck. The thing with hurricanes is that they're really not a big deal for most places that aren't directly on the coast if you're built to a good standard and not using timber frame construction. I'll take 'em over earthquakes, no problem.

It’s flooding pretty bad in a lot of places still. Tropicana park lost some if its roof

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If it stayed a 5.. maybe it would have been even worse.. i mean i remember andrew and hugo being big deals...

In all truth, Andrew was a tragedy of relaxed building codes and scumbag developers trying to make a buck more than anything else.

They let them build timber frame toothpick boxes in Cutler Ridge, and the result was disastrous there. Homes built properly -- to a good code -- survived Andrew battered, but intact. Developers fled in the night and county officials spent decades blaming anything but the relaxed code. Some future generation will soon re-learn this lessos with a great deal of pain, as we're already back to relaxing standards to allow home builders to make shoddier and shoddier garbage.

It’s flooding pretty bad in a lot of places still. Tropicana park lost some if its roof

Yeah, but from talking to my bud in Sarasota tonight (still has power), we're very fortunate. This could have been so much worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad