Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaMan

May 24, 2024
Today is Jun 21st

Nick Cousins day!

a.k.a Nuclear option turtle-rat hybrid day!

Let's go Panthers!

IMG_0955.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 1.13.49 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 1.38.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 1.47.13 PM.png

8A44861E-638F-4213-8873-2C557AD3CAAB-scaled.jpeg

Last edited:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I picked us in 6..I have been right each round

Didn't expect the games to go this way

We are stupid enough to win tonight.

We really are..

Sure we can lose..

But we are absolutely annoying and silly enough to win tonight.

And we could win on nothing but stupid goals too...

Think Forsling throw it at the net stuff.. very un ranger like

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I'm going to put this here:

Our team is mentally and physically fatigued, banged up, and spent. They gave it everything they had. If we somehow don't win the cup, it'll go down as a choke job on paper - but I'm not going to be embarrassed or ashamed of our guys. It's embarrassing to be a forever basement dweller that never makes the playoffs. It's embarrassing to be Toronto, with all their hype, almost never making it past round one. It's not embarrassing to come within one win of a cup - especially when our opponent has a generational talent putting them on his back.

With that said, let's win tonight.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I went into game 4 expecting a win, we got obliterated. I went into game 5 confident about a big turnaround and a win, we lost again. This time, I feel nothing. I expect to lose just as much as I expect to win - anything can happen. I have no control over the outcome, I'm just going to sit back, relax and see how it all plays out.
Yeah this humble pie sure does taste like shit

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Our team is mentally and physically fatigued, banged up, and spent. They gave it everything they had. If we somehow don't win the cup, it'll go down as a choke job - but I'm not going to be embarrassed or ashamed of our guys. It's embarrassing to be a forever basement dweller that never makes the playoffs. It's embarrassing to be Toronto, with all their hype, almost never making it past round one. It's not embarrassing to come within one win of a cup - especially when our opponent has a generational talent putting them on his back.

They gotta jsut get over the f***ing hump though. I agree this team is probably the hardest working team in the NHL but just find the strength for 1 more great game.

Reactions: Vilam

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They gotta jsut get over the f***ing hump though. I agree this team is probably the hardest working team in the NHL but just find the strength for 1 more great game.

Agreed. It's really frustrating to be so close yet so far away, but I think the anxiety of being one win from a cup is out of their system now and they're looking at this as just another playoff game. To my knowledge, there's been no sideshow of getting all the families up to Edmonton this time around. We've been "one win away" for days on end at this point. Maybe that's a good thing. No distractions, just play.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

Our team is mentally and physically fatigued, banged up, and spent. They gave it everything they had. If we somehow don't win the cup, it'll go down as a choke job on paper - but I'm not going to be embarrassed or ashamed of our guys. It's embarrassing to be a forever basement dweller that never makes the playoffs. It's embarrassing to be Toronto, with all their hype, almost never making it past round one. It's not embarrassing to come within one win of a cup - especially when our opponent has a generational talent putting them on his back.

This team isn't unique in that respect. Every team that gets this far is physically fatigued, banged up, and spent. Every team in the final has given it everything they have. This team had a 3-0 advantage, if they find a way to lose this series, there are no valid excuses that make it not horrifyingly bad. It will be one of the worst choke jobs in sports history. They need to win, no excuses, no rationale, no pity - they need to win, the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad