Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I went into game 4 expecting a win, we got obliterated. I went into game 5 confident about a big turnaround and a win, we lost again. This time, I feel nothing. I expect to lose just as much as I expect to win - anything can happen. I have no control over the outcome, I'm just going to sit back, relax and see how it all plays out.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
I remember seeing that after game 3, the oilers didn’t let the media into the locker room for 15 minutes. That team was obviously pissed off.

We have to treat this the same way. Act as if you’re down 3-0. Part of my coping says that we needed those 2 spankings to bring us down to earth and in a way take our mind off of the cup is in reach and more into a “f*** this we ain’t losing 3 straight to this team” type of attitude.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
IMG_3816.jpeg

Reactions: Stanley Cup Boundd

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I went into game 4 expecting a win, we got obliterated. I went into game 5 confident about a big turnaround and a win, we lost again. This time, I feel nothing. I expect to lose just as much as I expect to win - anything can happen. I have no control over the outcome, I'm just going to sit back, relax and see how it all plays out.
I wasn’t expecting a win necessarily in games 4 or 5 but unlike any of the other games in the playoffs I did start to believe in those, but almost exactly word for word how I feel too

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
It's more that they've looked terrible for most of the series except game 2. Edmonton should be up 3-2 right now, if not 4-1, my concern is can they put one more full game together?
It should be 3-2 Oilers:

Edmonton should have won game 1, Florida was obliterated
Florida obliterated Edmonton game 2
Games 3 and 5 were inverse where the team that lost played better but not until they were down 3, a split in these games is fair
Game 4 Florida was obliterated

Florida just has to get hot Bob or play like they did game 2 or portions of game 3 and 5 once. As bad as this is Edmonton should be playing to lift the Cup tonight and they aren't. Oilers are not all around solid like Vegas, it's legitimately just McDavid, however he may be enough lol he's on his way to breaking the NHL playoff point record.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It should be 3-2 Oilers:

Edmonton should have won game 1, Florida was obliterated
Florida obliterated Edmonton game 2
Games 3 and 5 were inverse where the team that lost played better but not until they were down 3, a split in these games is fair
Game 4 Florida was obliterated

Florida just has to get hot Bob or play like they did game 2 or portions of game 3 and 5 once. As bad as this is Edmonton should be playing to lift the Cup tonight and they aren't. Oilers are not all around solid like Vegas, it's legitimately just McDavid, however he may be enough lol he's on his way to breaking the NHL playoff point record.
Well, if things played out fairly the first 3 games, game 4 changes trajectory.

There wouldn't be a prospect of a sweep, no families flown in no cup in the building etc.

Game 4 could have played out way differently

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Going to a bar where no doubt there will be numerous Oiler fans.

For the love of God win this game!

If we give up the first goal shorthanded, I might start drinking again!

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Going to a bar where no doubt there will be numerous Oiler fans.

For the love of God win this game!

If we give up the first goal shorthanded, I might start drinking again!
are you ready to be bullied in the bathroom line like @Little Bobby Boo in game 4?:laugh:

If im you i hold it until the end, if we win just pee yourself, who cares at that point.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
still expecting a shorty given up on the PP2 with mr shorty on there now
insane monty has 11 points yet is 0 on +/-
i know +/- is a bit of a wash at times but jesus man, at least score some goals
View attachment 885126
I agree with putting OEL on PP1, but in addition to Monty NOT instead of him.

Stop going with the 4-1 and go with 2 dmen on the PP. It doesn’t matter whether it lessens the chances we score on the PP (since we’re not doing that anyways), at this point it’s more important just to not give up a shorty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad