I wish I was that close lmao
PXL_20240615_230510834.jpg

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Last edited:

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Been going to games since 93. Had 2 season tickets, with my mom, from 99 to 08. We were so bad those years that most of the time, my dad came too, as they always gave us free tickets. My parents are still alive, with dad being 76 and mom 86. Both die hard fans too.

You’d never think that a Greek man that moved to the US in the early 70s, from a small village on the side of a mountain in Greece, would become a Panthers fan.

My mom would go to the games in her Panthers gear, with her Panthers pins, earrings, whatever she could find. She’d stand up for the national anthem, and towards the end of it, wiggle her fingers towards the goalie, given them like the evil eye.

I was telling my wife today that as much joy it will bring me when we hopefully watch Barky lift that trophy, I am so glad that they are both alive to hopefully witness it as well.

I’m going to continue to get emotional until the end, where hopefully Barky makes me cry like a baby.
God, I love this. And similar posts here [God, that FLPanthers24 monologue] almost brings me to tears... f*** those other fans who think you guys don't deserve this, think that THIS TEAM doesn't deserve this.

You know, there was a part of me that was thinking that it would be great to win in our own barn but f*** that - I want to win tonight. I want to sweep those bastards and any other "large market" fanbase/media that looks down on us, and shove how much we deserve this down their throats. I'm generally an anxious fan [years of supporting England will do that to you...] but I'm actually feeling good because I trust this team to play their game, whatever happens.

GO CATS!!! VAMOS GATOS!!!

PS. It's after midnight and I'm in my Barkov shirt with a hot cup of tea. Partner already in bed after telling me to keep it down. Sorry sweetie, that's NOT going to happen - I'm planning to wake up the whole bloody block with screaming when we win tonight. Feel like it won't be difficult to stay awake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad