Rumor: Pagnotta: Utah is making some noise and is actively shopping for a top-pair defenceman by the sounds of it. Something to keep an eye on this week.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I wonder what they could get if they traded their 10 2nd round picks over the next 3 years straight up for 1 dman.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
maybe dougie hamilton if nj is planning something different with their defense. i cant think of many big name defenseman likely to move. seems like its going to be an expensive for defenseman, at least in ufa anyway.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
None of the massive contract dmen being suggested here are worth 6th overall like Hamilton or Jones

Nor are the short term 2 year guys like Andersson or Matheson.

Reactions: BKarchitect

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If Dougie would waive I would offer him for the Utah 2025 1st with some protections

He wouldn't waive in all likelihood tho so it is a moot point.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Sergachev is a name people should watch out for getting moved this week. He or Cernak, but value wise, they’ll land a a premier asset for Sergachev.

They know he’s gonna outlast their Cup window, and after adding McDonagh, and possibly losing Stamkos here, adding a Top young forward has been speculated. They’d then add a UFA Dman to compensate for losing Sergachev..

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Sergachev is a name people should watch out for getting moved this week. He or Cernak, but value wise, they’ll land a a premier asset for Sergachev.

They know he’s gonna outlast their Cup window, and after adding McDonagh, and possibly losing Stamkos here, adding a Top young forward has been speculated. They’d then add a UFA Dman to compensate for losing Sergachev..
I've thought about Kyrou for Sergachev...

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
There's no indication that Tampa wants to unload Sergachev other than debate by Lightning fans. However, the return for him would probably be substantial and instantly gets them out of their cap crunch.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Cernak?

If he's actually being shopped Ottawa should be all over it.

Reactions: ottawagm

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Probably fair value but I don't know if they sell Andersson. You sell Weegar or Andersson and the defense won't be competitive for years. Completely destroys any appearance of trying to compete rather than "retooling"
Sell Andersson, move Weegar to RD, then sign a UFA top D.

Weegar is Calgary's top d-man so he won't be traded even if he is 3 years older than Ras.

Reactions: Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad