Rumor: Pagnotta: Panthers are shopping Aaron Ekblad

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Meh, the article also says he’s willing to take a hometown discount.

Ekblad on a team friendly deal is fine. I still think we let Montour walk. Montour definitely the weaker of the two.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This is the time to do it, can’t re-sign him and someone will still pay for the past reputation

And if he gets traded he needs to be replaced& all the good ones will be gone after next week

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Garrioch (who’s been off lately) reported that Florida is one of the teams in discussions about Chychrun yesterday.
Chychrun is Montour but cheaper and worse offensively but slightly- very slightly better defensively. I really don't understand why the hell the Cats would want Chychrun if they're getting rid of Montour. But to be fair I also don't understand why they would get rid of Ekblad and keep Montour. If you're getting rid of both, just sign Skjei and Pesce or Roy or something.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chychrun is Montour but cheaper and worse offensively but slightly- very slightly better defensively. I really don't understand why the hell the Cats would want Chychrun if they're getting rid of Montour. But to be fair I also don't understand why they would get rid of Ekblad and keep Montour. If you're getting rid of both, just sign Skjei and Pesce or Roy or something.

I don’t think this has to mean keeping Montour

Just that they can’t be the one that give Ekblad his retirement contract and trade him when his value is at it’s highest and have time to replace him

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Ottawa, Toronto and Buffalo could all use a top 4 RD but I’d be weary of Ekblad due to injuries, upcoming contract and skating decline. Whatever he gets signed to surely won’t be good in a few years.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I don’t think this has to mean keeping Montour

Just that they can’t be the one that give Ekblad his retirement contract and trade him when his value is at it’s highest and have time to replace him
It definitely doesn't, but there are way better d-men available than Chychrun and Montour, and probably Ekblad even though I don't think he's honestly that bad.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It definitely doesn't, but there are way better d-men available than Chychrun and Montour, and probably Ekblad even though I don't think he's honestly that bad.

Ekblad is not that bad today, but his lower body won’t hold up and his skating will be rough to watch in his 30’s

Zito knew when to move on from Hubs, it’s time for same with Ekblad

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'm conflicted. If he wants to take a deal under Forslings AAV, maybe it's worth keeping him. If he wants to cash out, then send him to Utah or another team with tons of cap space and could use him.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Damn, here I was thinking Ekblad was some grizzled vet in his mid 30s...he's only 28? I know he didn't look great in the playoffs but has he really fallen off that hard that quick?

Reactions: Dog

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Doubt he will waive to play in Canada. Vast majority of them won't
Wait players don't like playing in Canada? Do they also not like playing for bottom feeders like Calgary?

You get that we'd be doing a similar thing to what we did with Tanev right? Sending him to a good destination at the deadline to win. He has a 12 team no trade, not a full NMC. There's 19 teams he can be moved to.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I love Ekblad, but the injury toll has been gruesome. Every single season, his legs get abused more and more. Like, I would love to see the guy retire as a Panther, but... you can't give him a long term contract when this one is up, you just can't.

Reactions: MaWa and Chaos2k7

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I think he’d be fine out west on the Kings, Blues or Preds.

That injury he had on 2020 seems to have really slowed him down though. How much has his overall mobility diminished since breaking his leg?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm looking at these comments and I feel like my eyes are deceiving me, I wouldn't call Ekblad a burner for speed but I thought he was moving well.

Average to good mobility for a 6'4 player IMO.

Reactions: MaWa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad