Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Brannstrom had so much hype

I bet a team like San Jose gives him a chance

Brannstrom basically sucks but the residual hype means he’s still worth a look.

Ottawa was a defensive nightmare. Forwards wouldn't backcheck and kid did not have any vet presence IMO to help him out. He may be a bust, but i wouldn't call him a complete bust yet until he gets to play in a decent defensive structure.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Some decent players getting bought out. Schmidt is also getting bought out.

I'd expect the Leafs to not qualify Liljegren at this rate. Woof

Lily has arb rights, my guess is he will be at minimum awarded anywhere between 2.7 to 3.5 on a one year deal. If Leafs don't wanna commit/risk that kinda arbitration ruling they probably won't qualify him. They could walk away eventually but that would be hard on Lily so I guess easy thnig to do is not qualify him so Lily gets to compete sooner rather than later in the UFA market

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It’s also a steal for a guy that can play with Matthews effectively

4 years lines with with Matty’s term too

Wonder if this is the pebble that causes the ripple effect that trades Marner
A player worth $13m should be able to play with damn near anyone. So in fact I'd say $4m (or whatever it comes out to) is maybe even slightly high if his only job was being Matthews wingman.

Hopefully it does lead to the end of Marner. Then I'd give each overpaid player their own line.

X-Matthews-McMann
Knies-Domi-Nylander
Cowan-Tavares-X

Reactions: PromisedLand

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Domi Zadorov Brossoit and Stamkos would be nice if Toronto could get.And maybe trade Liljegren for Alex nylander Nylander-Stamkos-Nylander (fantasy trade im swedish)

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
A player worth $13m should be able to play with damn near anyone. So in fact I'd say $4m (or whatever it comes out to) is maybe even slightly high if his only job was being Matthews wingman.

Hopefully it does lead to the end of Marner. Then I'd give each overpaid player their own line.

X-Matthews-McMann
Knies-Domi-Nylander
Cowan-Tavares-X
I understand the sentiment but i disagree; Crosby had major issues developing chemistry with a ton of line mates.

When you think the game/have a vastly superior skillset to your peers it’s hard to develop chemistry.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
From Chris Johnston

Max Domi is signing a four-year extension with the #leafs carrying a $3.75M AAV.

Long negotiation winds up with a great deal for both sides.

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
Converselym rhd are a rare commodity and given Lily's age, there's always teams interested in projects.

You could make a similar case for Sandin, equally as unproven and still earned a decent return

i think someone would move a 2nd or 3rd for Lilly or a comparable bottom 6 forward. He is an NHL defenseman who is an RFA. A team needing someone can do a lot worse.

Not sure if time to worry but arent OEL and Zadorov both LD? With so many RD out there potentially, would feel better hearing some RD names linked to us like Montour and Roy vs OEL, Zadorov, and Tanev.

Reactions: Menzinger

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I understand the sentiment but i disagree; Crosby had major issues developing chemistry with a ton of line mates.

When you think the game/have a vastly superior skillset to your peers it’s hard to develop chemistry.
The thing is though, Crosby was at his best with cheaper players like Dupuis and Kunitz, the only great on his own winger he had was Guentzel. Meanwhile Matthews has almost never been without an expensive Marner or Nylander.

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
From Chris Johnston

Max Domi is signing a four-year extension with the #leafs carrying a $3.75M AAV.

Long negotiation winds up with a great deal for both sides.
Hope Brad also throws in a case of beer for Domi. May have to get. Domi jersey. Kids a mench.

Wonder if any of this will rub off on Marner and he settles for only the Nylander contract lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad