Proposal: Pacioretty's value from other teams point of view

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
do you guarantee that with a conditional 1st rnd pick. If he scores 30 goals he is good. If he doesnt MTL owes that 1st rnd 2019 pick? Cause if you dont then your assurance or Guarantee means nothing.

Remember, Habs don't get the 2019 or 2020 1st unless he re-signs. So we don't have that pick until he re-signs. If he re-signs, he had a great year I would imagine. It's really protection for both teams. Habs only get one piece if he disappoints. If he produces, Habs get two pieces.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
we are arguing because people like you tend to hate Montreal no matter what. Hate the fans or the city I don't give a damn, but stop hating the players and be objective. look some stats for god sake.

I think a 15 and less + A prospect is what Pacioretty will bring this summer ( if he signs with the other team)
you're arguing because you don't like what your hearing. So come off it. It has nothing to do with hate. Pacioretty isn't a 35 goal scorer anymore and he's a rental period.

you and other habs fans keep trying to alter reality but those are the facts and no massaging of the facts changes anything. So In short you're full of feces and you know it .

The fact is Habs fans don't want to keep him and every other fan can see it. save your denials because we can see through the lies. This is as plain as the nose on Pinocchio 's face.

Until habs fans return to reality there's no use talking to you and that's why you weren't invited in this thread. In fact you were asked to stay out.

It's funny you say be objective when it's the furthest thing from your mind. Habs fans are not objective in this case. Not even remotely objective

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Exactly.

Don't let last year fool you. If you're the GM of a team that's serious about a making a push for the President's Trophy: this is your guy!
I don't let last year fool me. I see it as it is

it could be a fluke or it could be the start of a decline. I and nobody on earth knows which. And he's a rental expecting a big contract.

based on that there is too much risk involved for my liking so I let someone else take that risk

they may reap the rewards of that risk or suffer the consequences of it, but I can honestly say if I were a GM, at these prices I wouldn't play.

Logically from reading their expectations in any potential trade, Pacioretty is valued most by Habs fans, that being the case the only sane conclusion is they should keep him. after all why trade any asset for less than it is worth to you, and if the rumors of Pacioretty being offered by Bergevin are true, which none of us know for certain, but if they are than no one was willing to meet Bergevins asking price.

in that case, the habs SHOULD keep him. if he bounces back, they'll certainly get more at the deadline. if he doesn't then Bergevin was asking too much in the first place. Thats the only real logical perspective to take

Last edited:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Remember, Habs don't get the 2019 or 2020 1st unless he re-signs. So we don't have that pick until he re-signs. If he re-signs, he had a great year I would imagine. It's really protection for both teams. Habs only get one piece if he disappoints. If he produces, Habs get two pieces.
I guess that is more acceptable. Less risk

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I guess that is more acceptable. Less risk

That's my ask for Patch. A 1st (10+ range) and another conditional pick. Because Galchenyuk and a goalie prospect was added in this trade package, it changes things a bit. But based on the majority of comments, Galchenyuk don't have much value. I smell propaganda but I do admit Galchenyuk's true value is hard to nail down.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I don't let last year fool me. I see it as it is

it could be a fluke or it could be the start of a decline. I and nobody on earth knows which. And he's a rental expecting a big contract.

based on that there is too much risk involved for my liking so I let someone else take that risk

they may reap the rewards of that risk or suffer the consequences of it, but I can honestly say if I were a GM, at these prices I wouldn't play.

Logically from reading their expectations in any potential trade, Pacioretty is valued most by Habs fans, that being the case the only sane conclusion is they should keep him. after all why trade any asset for less than it is worth to you, and if the rumors of Pacioretty being offered by Bergevin are true, which none of us know for certain, but if they are than no one was willing to meet Bergevins asking price.

in that case, the habs SHOULD keep him. if he bounces back, they'll certainly get more at the deadline. if he doesn't then Bergevin was asking too much in the first place. Thats the only real logical perspective to take
Maybe not the only but indeed a logical one. But hard to demonstrate.
Maybe nobody called.
Maybe nobody was interested when MB called.
Maybe MP asked to stay and already agreed to team-friendly extension.

Is MP getting a low of 6 mil or a high of 7? Is this the right ballpark? At least 5 yrs if not 7?

Asking neutral fans.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That's my ask for Patch. A 1st (10+ range) and another conditional pick. Because Galchenyuk and a goalie prospect was added in this trade package, it changes things a bit. But based on the majority of comments, Galchenyuk don't have much value. I smell propaganda but I do admit Galchenyuk's true value is hard to nail down.
Chucky has value but not as a center but A WINGER.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It shouldn't be on this thread then.
I agree. Fans who toss Ladd into offers as the key reason the NYI give up top prospects +1st while ignoring he has 2 more seasons with a nmc ,makes no sense.
Isles biggest need is a 2 yr stopgap goalie + durable, 2nd pairimg D if they will not meet CDH extension demands

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
:habs

Vince Dunn
1st 2018 (30th)

:blues

Max Pacioretty
Jordie Benn

No, no thanks. I would personally be ok with that 2018 1st and a prospect like Blais or Sanford. Maybe add a conditional pick if we make it to the WCF. Patches is a 1 year rental to us going forward unless Steen breaks down and dies, Fabbri cannot recover at all, or he can play RW and shoot right handed to help make our powerplay not so bland.

Forgot to mention would also not be a 1 year rental if he is a center.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chucky has value but not as a center but A WINGER.

Galchenyuk is a for sure winger with potential to be a center. It's about how he matures and he took a big step forward this year (2nd half) at maturing and making smarter plays with the puck and yes.. as a winger. Does this mean he is a for sure winger forever now? Maybe but it don't mean he won't mature further and some team tries him at center down the road and he does well cause he is a more mature player.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
No, no thanks. I would personally be ok with that 2018 1st and a prospect like Blais or Sanford. Maybe add a conditional pick if we make it to the WCF. Patches is a 1 year rental to us going forward unless Steen breaks down and dies, Fabbri cannot recover at all, or he can play RW and shoot right handed to help make our powerplay not so bland.

Forgot to mention would also not be a 1 year rental if he is a center.
I respectfully disagree with the bolded. The item in contention for me is the 2018 1st. I would rather hold on to it than trade it for a LW rental.

Reactions: 67Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad