Proposal: Pacioretty to ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
ANA trades: Rakell + Fowler

MTL trades: Pacioretty

Cap hits work for both sides. ANA gets their top line LWer. Habs get a prospect winger who produces, and a D man who produces, goal totals equate to Pacioretty's production.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
No from Anaheim. Patches fills a big need for us, but trading Rakell just opens up another hole. That along with the hit this would do to the D makes it a no from us.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
I love Pacs and he has a great contract (then again so does Fowler and Rakell is still an RFA), but I think this trade makes the Ducks a worse team. We won't be able to afford to resign Pacs anyways.

Good value though. Definitely one of the better proposals I have seen lately.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
As a Ducks fans I'd have to think long and hard about this proposal. The window is closing and Pacioretty makes us better short term, no doubt. But as it has already been said, the Ducks won't afford re-signing him in 2019.

Now of course, Montreal could lose Fowler in 2018 so in that sense it's fair. But I think they'll have a much better chance re-signing him than the Ducks would have at re-signing Pacioretty, since cap space would be a problem.

How high are Habs fans on Martin Reway? Any chance you'd throw him in there as well?

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
As a Ducks fans I'd have to think long and hard about this proposal. The window is closing and Pacioretty makes us better short term, no doubt. But as it has already been said, the Ducks won't afford re-signing him in 2019.

Now of course, Montreal could lose Fowler in 2018 so in that sense it's fair. But I think they'll have a much better chance re-signing him than the Ducks would have at re-signing Pacioretty, since cap space would be a problem.

How high are Habs fans on Martin Reway? Any chance you'd throw him in there as well?
I'd throw him in... he's got a ton of talent and upside is good but sort of unknown. He just dropped from camp because of a heart illness though.. not sure that impacts anything.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

I don't think removing Rakell and Fowler makes us better, even with Patches. It makes the D significantly worse, and no Rakell is another hole in the lineup.

Not being able to sign him wouldn't be the reason I'd say no to this. I just don't think it makes us better. That said, this is a good proposal so props to the OP.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
While value is fair, props on that OP, I would decline as a Habs fan. It is absolutely unwise to assess a defensive hole by creating a huge offensive hole. We unfortunatly need much much more offense than finding a top pairing LD to play with Weber. I don't think Rakell is ready to fill in those shoes yet.

Still, a good proposal nonetheless.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Not bad but we're not that much in need of a LD upgrade just yet, unless Markov retires during the season. And downgrading at forward isnt an option for us

Decent but i'd decline as a habs fan

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think the value is fair, and tempting from a habs pov.

Our D prospects are better than our fwd prospects imo. Losing Max creates a big hole upfront and I think our holes on the backend can be fixed internally in 1-2 years.

That being said, I wouldn't be distraught if this happened.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I don't think removing Rakell and Fowler makes us better, even with Patches. It makes the D significantly worse, and no Rakell is another hole in the lineup.

Not being able to sign him wouldn't be the reason I'd say no to this. I just don't think it makes us better. That said, this is a good proposal so props to the OP.

We lose a forward and add a forward, in that sense I don't see how losing Rakell creates a hole. Obviously the defense gets worse, but people have been expecting to lose Fowler all summer.

The only way it doesn't happen is if Murray somehow finds a way to re-sign Lindholm and Rakell with whatever cap space remains. Or if he somehow finds a way to deal Stoner, Bieksa or Despres without taking any steep contract in return.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'd throw him in... he's got a ton of talent and upside is good but sort of unknown. He just dropped from camp because of a heart illness though.. not sure that impacts anything.

Gosh, I had no idea about this. Just googled it and it sounds like he could miss the whole season, if he ever comes back at all.

This is awful news. I always followed his progress as I was really impressed with him in the World Juniors. Hockey in Slovakia just can't catch a break, even if that's the smallest concern here. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That's a steep price. Is the difference between Pacioretty and Rakell really worth Fowler? And how much longer is Pacioretty an upgrade over Rakell for?

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
i'm sure Habs fans will love getting quantity for quality.

Its quality for quality. A young top 3 defenseman and a young top 6 forward for a top line player is fair value.

The Habs might need to add a little something as well.

Don't know much about Pacioretty, but isn't he a floater like Bobby Ryan?

I'm sure he can spell intensity :sarcasm:

- He is less flashy but more effective.
- He isn't a work horse nor a physical player.
- When he isn't scoring, he is not very useful.
- OK defensively (overrated by some of us IMO).
- But he can score some goals that no one on our team can, and he is a consistent player.
- He won't wow you but will end up with a goal and a pass somehow.
- He is a 30 goals, 60 points winger with responsible defensive coverage on a cheap contract.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
any way we can make it vatanen and rakell instead of fowler. we can sweeten with reway and a late pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad