Friedman: Pacioretty in "30 Thoughts"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
He plays.

They have 6.75 more years to figure that out.

Eh, in about 2 years when 80% of their roster goes UFA/RFA, they'll have wished to have moved/never signed Ladd, lol. He's just gone way downhill. He can't keep up with speed, etc. He showed signs of decline with WPG and CHI last year, but this is a whole other level he's hit. We all know Snow isn't the brightest of GMs - hence why I think a move for Tavares *could* work.

Domonsky

Nov 6, 2016
Montréal
Patch have good corsi ( I believe)

Panthers would be interested with there new advanced stat philosophy.

Patch for barkov and jagr

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016

Oh man, that would be amazing, haha! I would also throw in DD in the deal (Marchessault's hero), lmao.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Friedman should cut down his "30 thoughts" to like 10, so he doesn't always ramble off with his pointless speculations.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
This is the 2nd time I've seen mention that Pacioretty has been bad this year and maybe the Habs should consider trading him. Granted I haven't watched him play at all this year, but his stats aren't bad. He goes on a little bit of a streak and he's right at where Montreal wants him to be point wise. Hell, he's basically there now. What's up?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Something around Huberdeau maybe... not sure if the Panthers would have any interest.

Bjugstad + Matheson + pick for Pacioretty + DD wouldn't upset me too much though

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
This is the 2nd time I've seen mention that Pacioretty has been bad this year and maybe the Habs should consider trading him. Granted I haven't watched him play at all this year, but his stats aren't bad. He goes on a little bit of a streak and he's right at where Montreal wants him to be point wise. Hell, he's basically there now. What's up?

He just appears more disinterested than normal, I guess. Lack of intensity, as the captain everyone expects him to be one of the top players on the ice every night, and he just hasn't been that guy this season. There's also probably still some sour grapes over the Subban situation, where many feel if Subban had (justly) been given the captaincy, MB wouldn't have traded him.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Subban was a 50+ point dman and a plus-possession player.

YA but you got Weber in return. Could max bring back a better player then he is.

Esp with that sweet contract... its hard to find nowadays a player that will get you 30-35 goals and put up 60pts on 4.5m against the cap for 3 years.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
TO MTL

BJUGSTAD
MATHESON
1st 2016

TO FLA

DD
PATCHES
BEAULIEU

Amongst a sea of bad trade proposals, the Florida ones seem particularly bad. They'll regret making any knee jerk decisions and trading off their top young prospects ultimately.

These trade threads are triggers for bad proposals IMHO.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Amongst a sea of bad trade proposals, the Florida ones seem particularly bad. They'll regret making any knee jerk decisions and trading off their top young prospects ultimately.

These trade threads are triggers for bad proposals IMHO.

FLA is giving up a young (24) center thats never topped 40pts. and a rookie dman and in return are gettign a proven 35 goal scorer ona sweet deal for 3 years who is only 3 years older then bjugstad and a young dman (23) whos has potential to be a top 3.

so does matheson... not saying the contrary.. but beaulieu seems ot be disliked by the coach for whatever reason.

I hope you FLA doesnt expect to pick up a player like patches for prospects and picks... epsecially with that sweetheart deal

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

for a very long stretch there, it wasn't that he was snakebit it looked like he just didnt give a damn. goalscorers can go on slumps but when they do you need them to do other things and it looked like patches was either unwilling or unable to.

I think that people, especially people who watch the habs, suffer from the realization that when he is on, he can be an extremely dangerous and productive player, then they watch him dissapear for games at a time where he plays completely disinterested hockey.

he is also developping the reputation ( deserved or not) that he's the anti-subban. the more important the game, the less well 67 plays.

I doubt he's going anywhere before his deal is up but I dont see him being a high priority to extend and I suspect ( and this may just be me) that his current contract will be the last one he has with the habs.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Come on...first, the Avs can't package up multiple assets, they are desperately thin, and second...Rantanen looks brilliant, there is no chance he gets traded, and idea that they give up Barrie, a 50 point defensman, and their top prospect who is the smartest player on the team (and the Avs need that - they have a bunch of skilled dummies right now) for a good, but not great, winger, is just silly.

Yeah guys a top 10 goal scorer in the league making less than 5 million a year is good but not great :laugh:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
"Sometimes I wonder if a fresh start would be better for him, somewhere quieter. The difference between him and PK Subban is his contract doesn’t have the same pressures, either on the salary cap or a no-trade deadline. This is me talking here, but if (and I stress if) the Canadiens ever wanted to do this, the difficulty is you are trading a 30-goal scorer with a $4.5M average salary. That is worth a ton in today’s NHL. What is equal value? Has to be a lot. I don’t know many teams that could pull it off." - Friedman

He's not wrong... I think Pacioretty desperately needs a low pressure environment. Where is a good fit and what is the return?

yet some people think JVR doesn't have much value... :laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Oh come on. Barkov is their #1C. That is absolutely not going to happen. Or would you willingly accept a trade of Saad for Galchenyuk and Markov?
And so help me G-d anyone who tries to start a debate over Barkov's performance relative to Galchenyuk so far this season gets SET ON FIRE for epic-level failure to get the point.

Pacioretty's value to the Habs is NOT repeat NOT in any way indicative of his trade value to the rest of the league. You cannot say "This is what I'd want for Pacioretty", then turn around and offer Pacioretty for it. A desire to sell at a certain price does not obligate anyone to buy.

EDIT: Should clarify - fortunately for Montreal, that also does not obligate them to sell low. Montreal might not be able to get that kind of price for Pacioretty, but they can just keep him and be happy with him. And frankly I think that's the better approach - he's a very good player on an excellent contract and brings a skillset they need.

* * *​
Columbus, it would be good for him there to reunite with Tortorella :laugh:

We have tons of scoring wingers and so frankly have no need for him. He'd be great to have on the team, to be sure, but it'd cost something to get him here and there's no reason for us to pay.

* * *​
Yeah guys a top 10 goal scorer in the league making less than 5 million a year is good but not great :laugh:

"Good, not great" is an assessment of what he brings on the ice. His contract frankly isn't relevant there - and it doesn't exactly make his trade value skyrocket either because it only lasts for another two years.

Last edited:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
ah, and they laughed (ignorantly) when i called him Rene Bourque 2.0

as we saw with team USA nothing will inspire this guy

He had a few great seasons due to circumstance, not too different than Bourque, and from now on and moving forward he'll be a ''shadow'' of his former self, again similar to Bourque (nevermind how his overall gameplay is eerily similar as well).

He might get a small spark with a trade but this guy is just as inconsistent and uninspired as they come; teams would be wise to stay away

if Montreal manages to trade him, then Bergeron is definitely a strong GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad