Friedman: Pacioretty in "30 Thoughts"

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Couldn't get lower pressure then the Isles, we have a single reporter that doesn't ask any hard questions and a GM and coach that give the players hot cocoa and tell them that they did a good job after every loss.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Couldn't get lower pressure then the Isles, we have a single reporter that doesn't ask any hard questions and a GM and coach that give the players hot cocoa and tell them that they did a good job after every loss.

Habs would be interested in Nelson, CDH, and Lee.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Avs could use a player exactly like patches tbh. Idk if the Habs would sell low tho. They're winning despite him. He's not dragging them down at all.

Why would the Habs sell low though? A 28 year old multiple 30 goal scorer on a sweetheart of a deal for another 2 seasons after this one.

Like Friedman said it would have to take a lot for the Habs to consider trading Pacioretty.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Low pressure environment? Has there ever been a stanley cup winning team that didn't have pressure on them?

The 2006 Carolina Hurricanes.

I was in town for the series working and went to a sports bar with some colleagues after game 2, which the Canes won big, 4 or 5 nothing I believe.

We were at a table having a bite and a few drinks and some people at the next table commented on our accents and asked where we were from. When we said Canada, they asked what we were doing in town and we said we were covering the Hurricanes and the Stanley Cup Final. There were multiple people at the table that didn't have the faintest idea what we were talking about. In a sports bar. In the city where the team in the Final just played less then ten minutes from the bar. We were stunned and said the game must have just been on here and a girl said it was one a few of the televisions, but not with the sound up.

It was incredible. As the series wore on it was clear that while there were very good Hurricanes fans, there certainly weren't that many of them and most of the people that gave a damn about the team being in the Stanley Cup Final were inside the arena.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I honestly don't see them moving him unless they're getting a comparable player back, and who's going to do that kind of move? I don't know of any other wingers of similar age, contract status, and poor start status out there looking for a change of scenery, so... :dunno:

At least this one isn't getting seized upon as some kind of "insider rumor" like the Saad speculation. Small favors. :)

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
He's not being traded... we're winning, we don't trade our top goal scorer at a low cap hit when he's having a below average year unless its an upgrade. Friedman just talking, nothing to it

When there was pressure for him to score goals because nobody else scored, he did exactly that. Weird thought by Friedman, you don't trade a player who's scored over 30 goals consistently in a low scoring era because of a bad stretch. 5th in goals the last 5 years, Lol

Except he's not our top goal scorer he's actually 6th in goals behind guys like Byron and Mitchell

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
MTL would need another top6 player in return to make that deal and not Marleau/Thornton. Who's left to trade for Patches? Couture? Pavelski? I don't think SJ would trade their Captain.

Would SJ do a Couture for Pacioretty+ ?

Just out of curiosity, what would you add?

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Except he's not our top goal scorer he's actually 6th in goals behind guys like Byron and Mitchell

Maybe this small 20game sample, but the past 5 years its not even close. 5th in goals in the NHL last 5 years. I'll bet you he has more goals than both combined by years end

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
MTL would need another top6 player in return to make that deal and not Marleau/Thornton. Who's left to trade for Patches? Couture? Pavelski? I don't think SJ would trade their Captain.

Would SJ do a Couture for Pacioretty+ ?

I wouldn't even consider it unless it was a great plus. If you want a top 6 F, we don't have much to offer. Our top 6 now includes Marleau and Thornton, both of whom you've ruled out. Then Pavs, Couture, Donskoi, and Ward. You probably don't want Donskoi or Ward for Patches and we can't afford to trade Couture or Hertl (either 1 LW or 3 C when he's healthy) without a potential 1C coming back. That leaves Pavs and, as you say, we probably aren't trading our captain. We definitely aren't trading him when we think we have a chance at the Cup bc of how well he works with Thornton and Burns. It would be nice to have Patches but we probably don't have the assets.

17thRoundPick

Mar 19, 2015

Can I join if I borrow skates from my friend?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad