Friedman: Pacioretty in "30 Thoughts"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Florida, we've been searching for a goal scoring winger.

Demers and Matheson on D.
Bjugstad and Smith and McCann (and jagr and jokinen) on F (or marchessault if you want a french-canadian).
1st round pick

all available pieces for pacioretty.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Once again Elliotte manages to stun everybody with his complete stupidity. This is not a rumor, this is Friedman being a complete moron and trying to play GM, which he's not very good at.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Maybe this small 20game sample, but the past 5 years its not even close. 5th in goals in the NHL last 5 years. I'll bet you he has more goals than both combined by years end

That's a very low bar for someone who's 5th in the NHL in goals over the past 5 years. He absolutely should score more goals than the entire 4th line.

But honestly, you're right, he should right the ship by season's end and still be a 30 goal scorer.

But when he goes thru slumps like this one, he needs to be a bigger factor in other areas. He needs to drive defenders wide and take the puck to the net. He's gotta use his speed all over the ice and make himself really tough to play against.

Imagine a bigger Paul Byron, who can also score from 50 feet. That's what Pacioretty can be when he's on his game. His speed is so dangerous, and he can be deadly on breakaways and 1 on 1's.

Only way he moves is if he's asked as someone said, or if the training staff believe that he's lost a step due to injury, and will no longer be a threat with his speed. I don't know if I believe that. I just think there's either something mental, or he needs to adjust his training and possibly technique to get that top gear back.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
PAcioretty, McCarron + 1st
for
Brodin and Coyle

Doesnt get more terrible than this

I know Pacioretty won't be pushing for 40 goals this season but he's still a top line, top defensive winger who makes 4.5M.

His contract is too valuable for a team trying to win a cup in the next 2-3 years. If he does get moved im pretty sure someone is going to be ponying up for him (and he'd probably get traded to a western conference contender like the Ducks, Sharks, Stars or Kings).

Florida, we've been searching for a goal scoring winger.

Demers and Matheson on D.
Bjugstad and Smith and McCann (and jagr and jokinen) on F (or marchessault if you want a french-canadian).
1st round pick

all available pieces for pacioretty.

A lot of quality pieces here. I like Bjugstad, Marchessault and Matheson. I also like Smith but i'm not a big fan of his extension. Demers is a quality player aswell but we don't need a RD. Of course i really like Trocheck :naughty:

Last edited:

joplin

Dec 20, 2010
EU
Fowler & Rackell ! Let's get it done :popcorn:

I'm willing to add since both ANA players are playing extremely well at the moment.
You're joking, Rakell has an even better contract that Pacioretty and could alone score 30 goals+ this year

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I'd trade Pacs+ if we could land someone like Jeff Carter - otherwise not worth it for picks/prospects etc...

Maybe for a top pairing LHD but I don't think that's as big as a need as help up the middle

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Pacioretty + Plekanec + 1st 2017 for Tavares + Ladd

Ladd is one of the worst contracts in the NHL, and will hurt NYI for a long time. Plekanec is expiring next year and is still a good shutdown C.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Ugliest proposal in this thread.

How so? NYI need to get rid of Ladd fast. He's going to be the worst contract in the league. Pacioretty + 1st + Plekanec (who is cap dump for this/next year - but is still useful as a shutdown C) for the worst contract Ladd (7 year contract!) and Tavares. I think it's fair value to both teams: MTL gets the center they need, while NYI gets a top scoring winger + a low-1st round pick and negates that horrible contract they put on themselves.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pacioretty is a 30-goal scorer and plus-possession player. Why is he the one who needs the new environment?

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
How so? NYI need to get rid of Ladd fast. He's going to be the worst contract in the league. Pacioretty + 1st + Plekanec (who is cap dump for this/next year - but is still useful as a shutdown C) for the worst contract Ladd (7 year contract!) and Tavares. I think it's fair value to both teams: MTL gets the center they need, while NYI gets a top scoring winger + a low-1st round pick and negates that horrible contract they put on themselves.

We all know Tavares is unavailable. That's what makes it ugly. Including Ladd doesn't change the fact, no matter how much you'd like it too. IMO They'll let things playout with Ladd before using Tavares to ditch his contract.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Pacioretty is a 30-goal scorer and plus-possession player. Why is he the one who needs the new environment?

Your guess is as good as mine, although we know the source is just looking for hits.

In all honesty, we need a new coach more than we need to move players.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
We all know Tavares is unavailable. That's what makes it ugly. Including Ladd doesn't change the fact, no matter how much you'd like it too. IMO They'll let things playout with Ladd before using Tavares to ditch his contract.

Not that I disagree with you about Tavares but how do they let things play out with Ladd?

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
He's been very unnoticeable/underwhelming in a majority of the habs games I've seen. Floats a ton. Doubt he gets moved though

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016

Fair enough. i just thought that with Pacioretty "needing a new environment", he would do great with NYI (it's close to home for him, and it's a very quiet market, stress-free), and Tavares maybe wanting to get out of NYI so he can go with a contending team before he waits too long and misses his chance.

I personally wouldn't want to trade Pacioretty unless it's fair value in return (if people talk about his slow season start, then what his worth: Bergeron + ? lol). He's just going through a little rough patch, but the guy's proven to score 30+ goals multiple times (the past 6 seasons he's been a top scorer, and his contract is mighty sweet). Giving him up along with a low 1st pick, and picking up a bad contract was what made me think "hmm, maybe we can get Tavares". While I understand Tavares is the franchise-player for the NYI, one must take in consideration also that it's rapidly declining as a hockey market, and will likely be relocated sooner than later to Quebec City or something - and that Tavares might not want to resign there once he goes UFA at the end of next season for the simple fact he might want to try his luck elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad