Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
I'm leaning more and more towards Smith stays the whole season (especially now if this injury ends up being anything long term) so Leonard could be a true stopgap there.

But obviously very timely with Bedkowski still week to week to get an experienced player who's no doubt hungry to stick around the OHL.

Tough year for overagers though, holy. Feels like a deep year for Overagers and lots of quality players being pushed out.
I read preseason that there was north of 100 04 births eligible to play in the league this season. With 60 available spots your right it's a tough year for 04's.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
This Attack team just doesn't go away. What a relentless bunch. Too many grade A's surrendered tonight to a high powered Windsor offense but they stuck with it and battled all night.

We'll have to wait and see on any supplemental discipline on Bleicher but we could be down to 5 D for the rest of the weekend. Can't imagine they are able to bring in reinforcements for a road trip state side.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
This Attack team just doesn't go away. What a relentless bunch. Too many grade A's surrendered tonight to a high powered Windsor offense but they stuck with it and battled all night.

We'll have to wait and see on any supplemental discipline on Bleicher but we could be down to 5 D for the rest of the weekend. Can't imagine they are able to bring in reinforcements for a road trip state side.
Wow, our defence is starting to sound like a blues song..

"if it wasn't for bad luck , we wouldn't have no luck at all".

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Wow, our defence is starting to sound like a blues song..

"if it wasn't for bad luck , we wouldn't have no luck at all".
The Bleicher major was a dangerous play but I don't think it was anything malicious. I think he was expecting a man on man battle going back on the puck and went to leverage his body and Davis had other ideas which led to the awkward hit into the boards. I don't know if it warrants a suspension or not personally. Wouldn't surprise me if he got a couple games given the injury. I think as long as it's a short suspension then the Attack have to just ride it out short handed through the weekend. If it's longer than that, the Attack don't play again until next weekend and have time to search for another body if need be.

Funny in a way. We carried 8 D last season and two never played because the Attack didn't really suffer any injuries or suspensions through the year. We change plans and carry 7 D this year and of course have issues with injury. Way she goes I guess.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Bleicher major was a dangerous play but I don't think it was anything malicious. I think he was expecting a man on man battle going back on the puck and went to leverage his body and Davis had other ideas which led to the awkward hit into the boards. I don't know if it warrants a suspension or not personally. Wouldn't surprise me if he got a couple games given the injury. I think as long as it's a short suspension then the Attack have to just ride it out short handed through the weekend. If it's longer than that, the Attack don't play again until next weekend and have time to search for another body if need be.

Funny in a way. We carried 8 D last season and two never played because the Attack didn't really suffer any injuries or suspensions through the year. We change plans and carry 7 D this year and of course have issues with injury. Way she goes I guess.
Screenshot_20241025-001258_Chrome.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad