Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Ok I want to preface this with I am a fan of Colby and he brought a lot of goals and excitement to the Attack. But.... this is all in IMHO... I think he is one-dimensional and is likely to not be a "superstar" in the NHL as compared to Nick Suzuki. He lacks a 200' game. He has a great shot, is a great PP trigger man but after that there is less to his game than many very good players. I think this is an excellent trade for the Attack, The return, coupled with the new coaching staff is finally the "rebuild" this franchise needed. Maybe we can pull something off before George is gone, he's elite and a extension of the Attack being a goalie factory, I really hope we can with the new look Attack and George., I have some hope we will.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Ok I want to preface this with I am a fan of Colby and he brought a lot of goals and excitement to the Attack. But.... this is all in IMHO... I think he is one-dimensional and is likely to not be a "superstar" in the NHL as compared to Nick Suzuki. He lacks a 200' game. He has a great shot, is a great PP trigger man but after that there is less to his game than many very good players. I think this is an excellent trade for the Attack, The return, coupled with the new coaching staff is finally the "rebuild" this franchise needed. Maybe we can pull something off before George is gone, he's elite and a extension of the Attack being a goalie factory, I really hope we can with the new look Attack and George., I have some hope we will.

That’s a fair assessment of Barlow.

He’s a poor man’s Rick Nash - - both are pure goal scorers without much play making ability. Barlow has a better shot but Nash had better hands. Neither of them would ever be considered a great skater and - - most concerning - - neither did anything in the playoffs.

Reactions: Spills

hockeyisbest

Oct 1, 2024
I realize Barlow was the glamorous name in this deal, but Owen Sound fans should be extremely excited about this deal. It’s not quite a Del Mastro-for-Martone-and-a-2nd type fleecing, but it certainly has the potential to be.

It would not surprise me in the least if Delisle scores 20 goals this year and Bedkowski is drafted in the 3rd round. One thing’s for sure though, you’ll never have to question the effort and intensity of either.

And I would be willing to wager my signed game used Beckett Sennecke jersey that neither Bedkowski nor Delisle will ever demand a trade out of Owen Sound.
I think you’re right, Delisle and Bedkowski don’t see themselves as Primadonna’s. Team players

uDunnoNEthing

Jul 30, 2019
I think you’re right, Delisle and Bedkowski don’t see themselves as Primadonna’s. Team players
I can’t imagine being this mad at a 19 year old kid.

Sorry Barlow crapped in your Cheerios this morning, he’s moved on, hopefully he doesn’t stop by to do it again tomorrow.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
There’s only so many superstars in the NHL so I agree however he is very elite at his goal scoring so teams will like that. Could be a perennial 30 goal scorer which isn’t exactly Ovi or Matthews but is still very respectable.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Considering DeGray had little to no leverage in this situation, he did incredibly well.

It’s absurd for someone to proclaim that DeGray would have to “lie” to the fans in Owen Sound and spin some ridiculous narrative to try and placate them.
Anyone wants to talk to Dale - he stands at the top of the rail on the north east side of the building .He talks to anyone .

Reactions: Donnie740

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Anyone wants to talk to Dale - he stands at the top of the rail on the north east side of the building .He talks to anyone .
There's no reception in the Lum and I'm not familiar enough to know where the NE side is, but would I be correct that's in front of the men's washroom corner? I've been to 4 or 5 games there.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That’s a fair assessment of Barlow.

He’s a poor man’s Rick Nash - - both are pure goal scorers without much play making ability. Barlow has a better shot but Nash had better hands. Neither of them would ever be considered a great skater and - - most concerning - - neither did anything in the playoffs.

There's no reception in the Lum and I'm not familiar enough to know where the NE side is, but would I be correct that's in front of the men's washroom corner? I've been to 4 or 5 games there.
Yes. Look for the sticker on the railing 'reserved for Attack personnel '.

He's a very pleasant guy, actually quite funny.

Reactions: Spills

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Yes. Look for the sticker on the railing 'reserved for Attack personnel '.

He's a very pleasant guy, actually quite funny.
Thanks. That's where I've ran into Murray Hiebert, who I've known for 30 years, when he was GM of the Rangers. Long time OHL scout for multiple teams and still an exec with Kitchener. Figured it was that corner.

Reactions: Millpond

hockeyisbest

Oct 1, 2024
Again, 19 year old kid, you act like he owes you something.

I hope you can sleep tonight and this doesn’t ruin your weekend.

Hope you still consider sending Colby a Christmas card.
He owes me nothing. I just don’t think it’s cool that somebody can decide that they no longer wanna play for a team, doesn’t bode well for his future.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
He owes me nothing. I just don’t think it’s cool that somebody can decide that they no longer wanna play for a team, doesn’t bode well for his future.
Literally every 19 year old NHL prospect doesn't want to play for a team that's going to be near the bottom of the standings. Owen Sound's GM just happen to say out loud that he requested a trade when 99% players get moved without a peep. There are zero high end guys worried about sticking it out with a bottom feeder in order to prove their good character to joe blow in the stands. I guarantee you'll gladly take the same type of player from some other team in a few years when the Attack are back on the come up. Or are you too good to cheer for a player that doesn't want to play for another team anymore?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Screenshot_20241004-112226_Facebook.jpg

C=? A= ? A=? A=? 😉

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Literally every 19 year old NHL prospect doesn't want to play for a team that's going to be near the bottom of the standings. Owen Sound's GM just happen to say out loud that he requested a trade when 99% players get moved without a peep. There are zero high end guys worried about sticking it out with a bottom feeder in order to prove their good character to joe blow in the stands. I guarantee you'll gladly take the same type of player from some other team in a few years when the Attack are back on the come up. Or are you too good to cheer for a player that doesn't want to play for another team anymore?

“Literally” 19 year old NHL prospect Owen Beck was on a bottom feeder Peterborough team last year and he never demanded a trade.

Beck was derided because he was hesitant to be traded out of Peterborough to a contender.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
“Literally” 19 year old NHL prospect Owen Beck was on a bottom feeder Peterborough team last year and he never demanded a trade.

Beck was derided because he was hesitant to be traded out of Peterborough to a contender.
that’s not true at all. he wanted to go to Kitchener after agreeing to go to Saginaw early in the year because of his relationship with the ast coach in Kitchener

It took 3/4 days to play out because he wouldn’t waive to Saginaw at first so he could go to to Kit

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
that’s not true at all. he wanted to go to Kitchener after agreeing to go to Saginaw early in the year because of his relationship with the ast coach in Kitchener

It took 3/4 days to play out because he wouldn’t waive to Saginaw at first so he could go to to Kit

As I “literally” just explained, unlike Colby Barlow Owen Beck NEVER demanded a trade out of Peterborough last year.

And Beck was hesitant to even leave the Petes.

Facts are facts, my friend. Regardless of how hard to try to spin them.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
As I “literally” just explained, unlike Colby Barlow Owen Beck NEVER demanded a trade out of Peterborough last year.

And Beck was hesitant to even leave the Petes.

Facts are facts, my friend. Regardless of how hard to try to spin them.

i posted the barlow trade a month earlier that you denied, i was right, i dont need to go down this road again, one of us has a history of being correct, one of us cant even post in his own teams thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad