Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Ok I want to preface this with I am a fan of Colby and he brought a lot of goals and excitement to the Attack. But.... this is all in IMHO... I think he is one-dimensional and is likely to not be a "superstar" in the NHL as compared to Nick Suzuki. He lacks a 200' game. He has a great shot, is a great PP trigger man but after that there is less to his game than many very good players. I think this is an excellent trade for the Attack, The return, coupled with the new coaching staff is finally the "rebuild" this franchise needed. Maybe we can pull something off before George is gone, he's elite and a extension of the Attack being a goalie factory, I really hope we can with the new look Attack and George., I have some hope we will.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Ok I want to preface this with I am a fan of Colby and he brought a lot of goals and excitement to the Attack. But.... this is all in IMHO... I think he is one-dimensional and is likely to not be a "superstar" in the NHL as compared to Nick Suzuki. He lacks a 200' game. He has a great shot, is a great PP trigger man but after that there is less to his game than many very good players. I think this is an excellent trade for the Attack, The return, coupled with the new coaching staff is finally the "rebuild" this franchise needed. Maybe we can pull something off before George is gone, he's elite and a extension of the Attack being a goalie factory, I really hope we can with the new look Attack and George., I have some hope we will.

That’s a fair assessment of Barlow.

He’s a poor man’s Rick Nash - - both are pure goal scorers without much play making ability. Barlow has a better shot but Nash had better hands. Neither of them would ever be considered a great skater and - - most concerning - - neither did anything in the playoffs.

hockeyisbest

Oct 1, 2024
I realize Barlow was the glamorous name in this deal, but Owen Sound fans should be extremely excited about this deal. It’s not quite a Del Mastro-for-Martone-and-a-2nd type fleecing, but it certainly has the potential to be.

It would not surprise me in the least if Delisle scores 20 goals this year and Bedkowski is drafted in the 3rd round. One thing’s for sure though, you’ll never have to question the effort and intensity of either.

And I would be willing to wager my signed game used Beckett Sennecke jersey that neither Bedkowski nor Delisle will ever demand a trade out of Owen Sound.
I think you’re right, Delisle and Bedkowski don’t see themselves as Primadonna’s. Team players

uDunnoNEthing

Jul 30, 2019
I think you’re right, Delisle and Bedkowski don’t see themselves as Primadonna’s. Team players
I can’t imagine being this mad at a 19 year old kid.

Sorry Barlow crapped in your Cheerios this morning, he’s moved on, hopefully he doesn’t stop by to do it again tomorrow.

hockeyisbest

Oct 1, 2024
I can’t imagine being this mad at a 19 year old kid.

Sorry Barlow crapped in your Cheerios this morning, he’s moved on, hopefully he doesn’t stop by to do it again tomorrow.
Refusing to report to a team that allowed you to be drafted, does show a lack of integrity.

uDunnoNEthing

Jul 30, 2019
Refusing to report to a team that allowed you to be drafted, does show a lack of integrity.
Again, 19 year old kid, you act like he owes you something.

I hope you can sleep tonight and this doesn’t ruin your weekend.

Hope you still consider sending Colby a Christmas card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad