Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
rehkopf getting moved in the summer changed the game for all the top players, they want and can get moved in sept vs jan now, thats the only real reason its happening now. interesting to see if it has staying power
That's also up to GM's if they are ok not getting a 16 year old back in return. If they can make deals work without a 16 year old, they would probably prefer moving a guy early. Get your roster set sooner. Let kids develop instead of having someone take up ice time. Plus you probably get a pick or two more in return for a full season's service.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
The biggest dissappointing feature of this whole debacle will be not recieving a 1st rounder from the most recent draft.. Thats just my opinion though. Although if enough other pieces come back then it can make up for it.. I'm not sold on just getting draft picks in return not that I think that is a real viable or likely option anyway. Barlow honestly didnt really do the team any kind of favours and other gms kinda have dd by the balls at the moment.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I agree, this trade demand causes me to have a concern with his attitude. It’d be a different story if he was sitting in the press box and not getting any ice time, but he’s the face of the franchise.

Has Barlow or his agent given and logical explanation for the trade demand?
Colby is a quality person .
Any team in the league would be lucky to have him .

That's why there's so much hype around him .

Cedrick Guindon did the same thing . Not one word about him ?

As stated by others, there's a lot that went on behind the scenes previously.

That's moved west.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That's also up to GM's if they are ok not getting a 16 year old back in return. If they can make deals work without a 16 year old, they would probably prefer moving a guy early. Get your roster set sooner. Let kids develop instead of having someone take up ice time. Plus you probably get a pick or two more in return for a full season's service.

100 percent, plus to be honest your getting a guy for a full year but paying only 20/25 percent more then what the price would be at the deadline.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Waiting to get a 16 yr old is not necessarily the goal. Selling teams will hang on to star players until the deadline because they want to sell tickets. Also, good 17 yr olds are harder to come by because they contribute to the buying team more now than the 16 yr old; so selling teams may need to look for greatest potential, even if it pushes the next competitive period to a year later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad