Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
rehkopf getting moved in the summer changed the game for all the top players, they want and can get moved in sept vs jan now, thats the only real reason its happening now. interesting to see if it has staying power
That's also up to GM's if they are ok not getting a 16 year old back in return. If they can make deals work without a 16 year old, they would probably prefer moving a guy early. Get your roster set sooner. Let kids develop instead of having someone take up ice time. Plus you probably get a pick or two more in return for a full season's service.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
The biggest dissappointing feature of this whole debacle will be not recieving a 1st rounder from the most recent draft.. Thats just my opinion though. Although if enough other pieces come back then it can make up for it.. I'm not sold on just getting draft picks in return not that I think that is a real viable or likely option anyway. Barlow honestly didnt really do the team any kind of favours and other gms kinda have dd by the balls at the moment.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I agree, this trade demand causes me to have a concern with his attitude. It’d be a different story if he was sitting in the press box and not getting any ice time, but he’s the face of the franchise.

Has Barlow or his agent given and logical explanation for the trade demand?
Colby is a quality person .
Any team in the league would be lucky to have him .

That's why there's so much hype around him .

Cedrick Guindon did the same thing . Not one word about him ?

As stated by others, there's a lot that went on behind the scenes previously.

That's moved west.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That's also up to GM's if they are ok not getting a 16 year old back in return. If they can make deals work without a 16 year old, they would probably prefer moving a guy early. Get your roster set sooner. Let kids develop instead of having someone take up ice time. Plus you probably get a pick or two more in return for a full season's service.

100 percent, plus to be honest your getting a guy for a full year but paying only 20/25 percent more then what the price would be at the deadline.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Waiting to get a 16 yr old is not necessarily the goal. Selling teams will hang on to star players until the deadline because they want to sell tickets. Also, good 17 yr olds are harder to come by because they contribute to the buying team more now than the 16 yr old; so selling teams may need to look for greatest potential, even if it pushes the next competitive period to a year later.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Maybe Roger Hunt realized what a brutal overpay it was going to be.

Who knew!

its moving forward as reported, im 100 perccent confident in that. probably goes threw closer to friday, maybe monday depending on the xrays.

two players (the ones posted on here), 6 picks in total, 2 of them 2nds, 2 of them 3rds, and two depth picks.

roger hunt and rocco are very happy.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I have to say, in the limited times I've heard Scott Wray speak it's crystal clear that this guy is different than what we've seen in Owen Sound in some time. Calm demeanor, to the point, recognizes there's work to be done but doesn't forget that they're kids and it needs to be fun too. He just seems to get it and hit the right notes. It's pretty damn hard to criticize anything and looks like a total home run by DeGray in the early going.

Only two games played but already noticeable for me at least, the fourth line gets a regular turn, the 6th D doesn't sit for the entire third period etc. Everybody plays. Really love what I've seen so far.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
The biggest dissappointing feature of this whole debacle will be not recieving a 1st rounder from the most recent draft.. Thats just my opinion though. Although if enough other pieces come back then it can make up for it.. I'm not sold on just getting draft picks in return not that I think that is a real viable or likely option anyway. Barlow honestly didnt really do the team any kind of favours and other gms kinda have dd by the balls at the moment.
I think if you break it down, the 07 group is becoming the obvious focus group for the Attack's next contention window in my opinion. Your 06 group is the OA group. The Attack's roster currently has Cormier and Tersigni at forward, Rogers on D and George in net. George is already signed and won't be back as an OA. Tersigni isn't an OA caliber player. Cormier and Rogers maybe. Bring in Bedkowski, who has a late birthday and is draft eligible for the first time this year, and that immediately improves your 06 group. Delisle adds to what appears to be a very nice and deep collection of 07s with what I think appears to be strong 08 group and the pieces of this deal start coming into the picture of what I think they are trying to do.

Would an 08 first rounder have been great? Absolutely without question. I still think this deal with Oshawa, as reported at least, makes a whole lot of sense with what the Attack are building towards.

I think in general the Attack have had success because they often build teams with a competitive window of players that don't require major roster surgery come deadline time to be competitive. This has allowed them to avoid the extreme highs and lows of the OHL cycles. This 100% fits with what they've historically done all while restocking a depleted draft cupboard.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
rehkopf getting moved in the summer changed the game for all the top players, they want and can get moved in sept vs jan now, thats the only real reason its happening now. interesting to see if it has staying power
When do you predict this gets done? Greg Cowan thinks tomorrow. Since it’s almost 5:30, I can’t see it happening this evening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad