Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Now, can everyone go back to their own sandbox, and let's watch some hockey games ?
Only until the Smith rumours start really kickin up Im positive hes the next domino to fall.. and rightfully he should garnish a few more good quality picks. Even with the surplus in OAs this year Smith should be one of the most highly sought after and should fetch a nice return. We are in for some lumps this season, but I truely feel like we will be just fine. And hopefully we will be better off in the coming years because of it.

Reactions: HuntersAreOverrated

cruickshankd

Jun 3, 2024
Only until the Smith rumours start really kickin up Im positive hes the next domino to fall.. and rightfully he should garnish a few more good quality picks. Even with the surplus in OAs this year Smith should be one of the most highly sought after and should fetch a nice return. We are in for some lumps this season, but I truely feel like we will be just fine. And hopefully we will be better off in the coming years because of it.
At deadline....my opinion

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
At deadline....my opinion
If Konnor stay and Taos goes your D core is:

Konnor Smith - 6'6" 217lbs
David Bedkowski - 6'5" 215lbs
Gabriel Smith - 6'3" 198lbs
James Petrovski - 6'3" 190lbs
Elliott Arnett - 6'1" 189lbs
Braedyn Rogers - 6'0" 180lbs
Max Bleicher - 5'10" 189lbs

That's a whole lot of beef. Theoretically, you should still get a big haul at the deadline and also potentially open up playing time for the younger players who will hopefully be better equipped at that time to slot in. Makes sense to me if that's the direction they go.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
As always, I stand by my previous assessment that this is a big overpay by Oshawa.

Being a Generals fan I really, REALLY, hope I’m wrong and Barlow goes on to score 60 goals and lead Oshawa to a championship. But as others have mentioned, Barlow hasn’t exactly shown that he can step up and win in the playoffs.

This is a fantastic trade for Owen Sound, regardless of the ridiculous comments about Bedkowski being a bottom pairing defenseman and Delisle being a 4th line forward.

You can’t take a notorious pom pom waver seriously because every trade is always a fantastic move, every former player isn’t really that good and every front office decision is a brilliant tactical maneuver.

Bedkowski is without question a top four defenseman on a championship calibre team. Last year when Punnett got hurt, Oshawa shortened their bench to just four defensemen - - Danford/Marrelli and Bedkowski/D’Amato.

So if Bedkowski was good enough to be a dependable top four defenseman logging over 25mins a game during Oshawa’s run to the championship last year, what changed between then and now?

Answer - - NOTHING. Bedkowski was without question going to be a top four defenseman in Oshawa this year. And he’s still just 17 years old. As an added bonus, there’s good chance that Bedkowski will be drafted this year which means a cash windfall to Owen Sound.

Delisle was a reliable 3rd line player during last year’s championship run for Oshawa. How is it possible that he would regress to being a 4th liner this year? Seeing him play during training camp, in the preseason and so far in the regular season, I can assure you that Delisle is a legit 2nd line player right now on almost every team in the league As like Bedkowski, he’s only 17 years old.

Tremendous acquisition by Owen Sound.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
As always, I stand by my previous assessment that this is a big overpay by Oshawa.

Being a Generals fan I really, REALLY, hope I’m wrong and Barlow goes on to score 60 goals and lead Oshawa to a championship. But as others have mentioned, Barlow hasn’t exactly shown that he can step up and win in the playoffs.

This is a fantastic trade for Owen Sound, regardless of the ridiculous comments about Bedkowski being a bottom pairing defenseman and Delisle being a 4th line forward.

You can’t take a notorious pom pom waver seriously because every trade is always a fantastic move, every former player isn’t really that good and every front office decision is a brilliant tactical maneuver.

Bedkowski is without question a top four defenseman on a championship calibre team. Last year when Punnett got hurt, Oshawa shortened their bench to just four defensemen - - Danford/Marrelli and Bedkowski/D’Amato.

So if Bedkowski was good enough to be a dependable top four defenseman logging over 25mins a game during Oshawa’s run to the championship last year, what changed between then and now?

Answer - - NOTHING. Bedkowski was without question going to be a top four defenseman in Oshawa this year. And he’s still just 17 years old. As an added bonus, there’s good chance that Bedkowski will be drafted this year which means a cash windfall to Owen Sound.

Delisle was a reliable 3rd line player during last year’s championship run for Oshawa. How is it possible that he would regress to being a 4th liner this year? Seeing him play during training camp, in the preseason and so far in the regular season, I can assure you that Delisle is a legit 2nd line player right now on almost every team in the league As like Bedkowski, he’s only 17 years old.

it’s that a post for the Oshawa board?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

Delisle was wearing 40 today at practice, looking great and fitting in eith his new teammates.

Bedkowsky watched .
We are pumped in Attackland

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Death, Taxes, The Generals losing to the Attack. Don’t forget to take a look at my Twitter followers and then tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. I would also be insanely insecure if I had to wake up in Oshawa every day 🤣🥲😭. Maybe one day you’ll get a job like the rest of us little guy!
Troll account

Reactions: frontsfan67

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Let's not overlook the fact, with the return of Konnor Smith today (who was paired with James Petrovsky ), and the incoming Oshawa players, the Attack just added 77 games of playoff experience to their lineup.

I can tell you, despite their youthful roster, this team has no intention of fulfilling their predicted 20th place finish.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Delisle was wearing 40 today at practice, looking great and fitting in eith his new teammates.

Bedkowsky watched .
We are pumped in Attackland

I realize Barlow was the glamorous name in this deal, but Owen Sound fans should be extremely excited about this deal. It’s not quite a Del Mastro-for-Martone-and-a-2nd type fleecing, but it certainly has the potential to be.

It would not surprise me in the least if Delisle scores 20 goals this year and Bedkowski is drafted in the 3rd round. One thing’s for sure though, you’ll never have to question the effort and intensity of either.

And I would be willing to wager my signed game used Beckett Sennecke jersey that neither Bedkowski nor Delisle will ever demand a trade out of Owen Sound.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I realize Barlow was the glamorous name in this deal, but Owen Sound fans should be extremely excited about this deal. It’s not quite a Del Mastro-for-Martone-and-a-2nd type fleecing, but it certainly has the potential to be.

It would not surprise me in the least if Delisle scores 20 goals this year and Bedkowski is drafted in the 3rd round. One thing’s for sure though, you’ll never have to question the effort and intensity of either.

And I would be willing to wager my signed game used Beckett Sennecke jersey that neither Bedkowski nor Delisle will ever demand a trade out of Owen Sound.
We are already excited.
The team is absolutely better than yesterday .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad