Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That was an interesting hockey game. As others have said, the compete and intensity is very noticeable. I liked the look of the team. Didn't expect it to be such a chippy game.

Notable that Gates has a visor and Therrien is still wearing a cage. Maybe that situation isn't entirely sorted out yet?

Koprowski was excellent tonight. The Attack goalie tandem looks to be in great shape this year.

Arnett was a bit of an adventure out there a couple of times but for the most part looked solid. Bleicher and Smith also had solid nights.

Mbuyi was a lot of fun to watch tonight. He plays much bigger than his size and was heavily involved all over the ice. He definitely caught a few guys off guard laying the body. Kindree was a standout for me as well, He can rip it. The line of Gates, Kindree and Mbuyi I thought was excellent. Definitely lots to like with the young forward group.
Agreed, I saw what you saw.
A whole lot to like. Any time it looked like they were hemmed in they found a way out, mostly by being tenacious.

This group will see success if they continue with this work ethic . They are a lot if fun to watch. I think teams aren't going to enjoy the 'small ' confines of the Bayshore .

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
That was an interesting hockey game. As others have said, the compete and intensity is very noticeable. I liked the look of the team. Didn't expect it to be such a chippy game.

Notable that Gates has a visor and Therrien is still wearing a cage. Maybe that situation isn't entirely sorted out yet?

Koprowski was excellent tonight. The Attack goalie tandem looks to be in great shape this year.

Arnett was a bit of an adventure out there a couple of times but for the most part looked solid. Bleicher and Smith also had solid nights.

Mbuyi was a lot of fun to watch tonight. He plays much bigger than his size and was heavily involved all over the ice. He definitely caught a few guys off guard laying the body. Kindree was a standout for me as well, He can rip it. The line of Gates, Kindree and Mbuyi I thought was excellent. Definitely lots to like with the young forward group.
Agree 100%. I saw alot I liked and some stuff thats a work in progress. Overall I was happy with what I saw. I loved Mbuyi especially his couple interactions with Aicheson this kid looks like a real player. The boys are still in the very early stages of learning as are the coaches but so far everyone is doing a great job.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Ty Therrien picked up a suspension from Wednesday night for the 2nd altercation(automatic 2 games).

1726850384546.png

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
It's automatic in pre-season for fights didn't have to be 2nd fight.
Not automatic to get 2 games.

I thought it was a game misconduct and you had to miss the next pre-season game for fighting in the pre-season? I didn't think you had to miss two games.
I believe it is only a game misconduct and they can play the next game for " just a fight". 2 games is for the second fight in the same stoppage.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Attack officially announce the signings of Varosyan and Gates. Nothing on Ty Therrien though he is still listed on the roster, at least for now.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
What do we think the odds are that the attack trade George at some point this year? Slim to none? Or is there a chance they do it and build around the 08s?

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
What do we think the odds are that the attack trade George at some point this year? Slim to none? Or is there a chance they do it and build around the 08s?
I don't see it happening. The only way it could possibly even be a consideration is if Koprowski kicks the doors down. I think it would take a massive overpay for Owen Sound to consider it this year.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
what exactly do you think that would look like trade wise to get two years of the best goalie in the O?

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
And what would Owen sounds motivation to do it?
Only way it makes any sense for Owen Sound is if Koprowski shows he can be a #1, the organization decides they want to focus on the 07/08 group and contend when the 07s are 19 and George will be aged out of the league and pull in major assets in a George trade to fit that window. I think ideally they'd hold George next year and take a shot provided the 07s/08s show enough this season. It would seem they have a potentially solid two year window coming around George's 19 year old season and then the following year with Koprowski taking over at 19.

I think it's a total moot point anyways. It's not usually how DeGray operates.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Only way it makes any sense for Owen Sound is if Koprowski shows he can be a #1, the organization decides they want to focus on the 07/08 group and contend when the 07s are 19 and George will be aged out of the league and pull in major assets in a George trade to fit that window. I think ideally they'd hold George next year and take a shot provided the 07s/08s show enough this season. It would seem they have a potentially solid two year window coming around George's 19 year old season and then the following year with Koprowski taking over at 19.

I think it's a total moot point anyways. It's not usually how DeGray operates.
I don’t know if it’s how most teams work and to be honest, it would be astronomical pricy.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I don’t know if it’s how most teams work and to be honest, it would be astronomical pricy.
Owen Sound never has the draft capital that teams like Brampton and Brantford accumulated this year. Moving George would be one way to accomplish that if Owen Sound wanted to be serious players for the 26-27 season. I don't think this would be the year to do that though. That feels like a next year move if it were to happen. What teams are looking for a top end two year goalie with the kind of assets that would get Owen Sound's attention? This is totally just fantasy land never going to happen type stuff.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Owen Sound never has the draft capital that teams like Brampton and Brantford accumulated this year. Moving George would be one way to accomplish that if Owen Sound wanted to be serious players for the 26-27 season. I don't think this would be the year to do that though. That feels like a next year move if it were to happen. What teams are looking for a top end two year goalie with the kind of assets that would get Owen Sound's attention? This is totally just fantasy land never going to happen type stuff.
More than Barlow or Rehkopf for sure. It would need to be like 30 percent more.

They can get more then Barlow for George this time next year imo, so what’s it look like for two years? I’m not even sure

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound

They can get more then Barlow for George this time next year imo, so what’s it look like for two years? I’m not even sure
I can't see a team stepping up with an offer that would make any sense this year. Owen Sound can afford to be patient. If they elect to move him at all, you're still going to get great value next season anyways. In my opinion, take the year, evaluate what you have and make a decision one way or the other next season.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

With 39 on the move CG is the face of the franchise.

The casual fan will have a hard time swallowing Barlow's departure.

If you were to add Carter in there, you'd see a mutiny.

I think at this point Dale would cut off his own arm before he'd entertain moving Carter this season .

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
what exactly do you think that would look like trade wise to get two years of the best goalie in the O?
A hell of a lot of prospects and picks that’s for sure

But obviously would make more sense to do it next year. Only thing is next year they prob won’t be ready yet in George’s 19 year old season- which is why I’m wondering if they entertain moving him if some team overpays like crazy.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
A hell of a lot of prospects and picks that’s for sure

But obviously would make more sense to do it next year. Only thing is next year they prob won’t be ready yet in George’s 19 year old season- which is why I’m wondering if they entertain moving him if some team overpays like crazy.
To that end I don't think there is any team that is going to pay enough over what next years haul would be for the bonus year so best have him around to keep this young developing squad in games and keep some confidence toward the end goal.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad