Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Attack announced today they have officially inked their first rounder, Pierce Mbuyi.

Big OHL cup, could be a steal.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
1718218775430.png

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
How soon does Barlow get traded? Do they wait until the deadline or get it done quickly?

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I think it depends on what DeGray is looking to get out of it. If he wants an 08 1st then it has to come at the deadline. If he wants a pick heavy package then I think you move when you get your price.
I think they wait toward the deadline even if they prefer the pick heavy package just to buy some time to see the 08s a bit before deciding which route to take.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I think they wait toward the deadline even if they prefer the pick heavy package just to buy some time to see the 08s a bit before deciding which route to take.
I agree, I think earliest they may pull the trigger would be early December if they are going for the picks package. I'm not expecting an October deal by any means. Gives some time to see what the market may bear and set the prices plus evaluate any players of interest that they may look to get in return.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I see Brantford as a marquee landing spot for barlow. They have the best pick packages and their first round pick had real good stats- could be another steal.

Also they’re in the east so you guys wouldn’t have to play him as often.

When Brantford wants to win we see them make moves for big names like going for mctavish and xhekaj back in 2021/2022.

They’re going to have a good team to start probably be around the 4 or 5 spot before they start really adding.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
he outproduced valentini without the noise.
There was a video I think Attack fb page of Dale and Pierce signing. When they were standing side by side I'm thinking he may have taken a bit of a growth spurt. He was at least as tall as Dale and while wearing a jersey looked filled out a bit.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
How soon does Barlow get traded? Do they wait until the deadline or get it done quickly?
Big name players are usually traded closer to the trade deadline because teams often want a player drafted in the 1st round as part of the deal and the return is often better at or near the deadline.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
There was a video I think Attack fb page of Dale and Pierce signing. When they were standing side by side I'm thinking he may have taken a bit of a growth spurt. He was at least as tall as Dale and while wearing a jersey looked filled out a bit.
I know Dale is listed as 6'0" but father time comes for us all and as we age, we start to shrink. I think it's more likely the two met somewhere in the middle lol. I do agree that it appears as though Pierce has been doing work though.

Reactions: KFawcett

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
I know Dale is listed as 6'0" but father time comes for us all and as we age, we start to shrink. I think it's more likely the two met somewhere in the middle lol. I do agree that it appears as though Pierce has been doing work though.
I hear you on the shrinking. When I had my physical to be allowed to play football in grade 9 I was 6'1" now at 63 I'm 5'11"

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Mbuyi was measured at 5'10", 145 lbs at OHL Cup.
Our top 4 picks were in Owen Sound for the draft party put on by the Attack Pak and the Attack. I thought then that he was a little heavier than the listed 145. His dad said thet are a meat and potato's family and judging by the video I think he's had a teenage growth spurt.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Any news on OA's? Heard Guindon going to Europe, Steen not coming back, Petrovsky most likely gone home, So SMith, Jordan, Hookey, Stewart left?
Votary is for sure not back
With Barlow asking out, it will be a young, rebuilding team
Or trade for OA's? Tons of these 04's around

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Any news on OA's? Heard Guindon going to Europe, Steen not coming back, Petrovsky most likely gone home, So SMith, Jordan, Hookey, Stewart left?
Haven't heard anything. Guindon will be hunting for a pro contract so if Europe provides him with a path to that then I get it. Sucks for the Attack if that happens as they are looking thin at centre without him and he's one of the pieces with trade value. I can't see Steen back with the Attack but wouldn't shock me if a team picked him up on the cheap as a veteran D. Petrovsky won't be back. The Attack will use both import picks in the coming draft.

If the OA options are Smith, Jordan, Hookey and Stewart then I would trade Smith and keep the other three personally. Smith is the only one with any real value in trade. Hookey and Stewart provide some veteran forward presence and can look after the young players on the roster. Jordan to me joins the leadership group and eats a lot of tough minutes this season in the defensive end.

Writing is on the wall with Barlow that he will be moved this year. The team needs to refill the draft cupboard and he's the main piece to do that. To me, it's probably less disruptive to do it early than have that hang over the team to the deadline.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
If Guindon doesn't come back, the Attack line up as 1C Cormier, 2C Crawford and 3C as Brennan. To me Brennan isn't even a roster lock going into the season and may become more of a necessity unless they add depth through the import draft. That is a paper thin group. Kindree being signed would look like the 4C currently with guys like Mikus and Gates in competition in camp. To me that would be asking an awful lot of Cormier and Crawford with the minutes and roles they would be taking on.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If Guindon doesn't come back, the Attack line up as 1C Cormier, 2C Crawford and 3C as Brennan. To me Brennan isn't even a roster lock going into the season and may become more of a necessity unless they add depth through the import draft. That is a paper thin group. Kindree being signed would look like the 4C currently with guys like Mikus and Gates in competition in camp. To me that would be asking an awful lot of Cormier and Crawford with the minutes and roles they would be taking on.
they would probably trade for a cheap 04 to fill the gap. like savard for an 8th round pick last year.

Reactions: frontsfan67

cruickshankd

Jun 3, 2024
Barlow asking out??? Come on now, where did you hear that doozy??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad